Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 123456752 ... LastLast

Thread: Penn Square Mall

Default Re: Penn Square Mall

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    If the majority of mall goers sing and dance in the walkways, that would then be normal. Since most don't, it is abnormal behavior.
    Larry, don't forget these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDN_W905ccc&feature=fvst
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXh7JR9oKVE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcQBE9QRFls

Even locally:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzBl-...eature=related

It seems to be a new worlwide craze.

And how many of those were NOT planned, choreographed "performances"? Even with that, the majority of the mall goers are not participating, but observing the "abnormal" behavior. Entertaining to be sure. Something about the Hallelujah Chorus that brings a lump to my throat. Especially liked the more organic appearing one (the 2nd one) where it started with the lady on her cell phone (don't think she ever ends the call), then another person joins in, another and another, seemingly random people spread throughout the crowd and well performed too.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    And how many of those were NOT planned, choreographed "performances"? Even with that, the majority of the mall goers are not participating, but observing the "abnormal" behavior. Entertaining to be sure. Something about the Hallelujah Chorus that brings a lump to my throat. Especially liked the more organic appearing one (the 2nd one) where it started with the lady on her cell phone (don't think she ever ends the call), then another person joins in, another and another, seemingly random people spread throughout the crowd and well performed too.
    Larry, of course they were planned and I think the mall goers were enjoying the "abnormal" behavior. I agree that some people who go to malls can be obnoxious and oblivious to what others may think about what they are doing but sometimes a little levity is fun.

I am not disagreeing, it started with someone asking what was "normal" .....

This thread is something I'd expect Thunder to start

As my late grandfather would say "this thread is as useless as teets on a boar hog".

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    This thread is something I'd expect Thunder to start
    We haven't gotten to the underground tunnels at Penn Square with the zombies yet, Metro. LOL

8. Default Re: Penn Square Mall

Love the videos. Really cheers me up and get into the Christmas spirit again. :-D

I have never witness something of this at any of the malls that I remember. I had done a group and solo performance involving ASL with Christian music at Woodland Hills Mall, but I never come across mass performance. Hopefully one day I will.

Thanks for sharing the videos.

9. Default Re: Penn Square Mall

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Love the videos. Really cheers me up and get into the Christmas spirit again. :-D

I have never witness something of this at any of the malls that I remember. I had done a group and solo performance involving ASL with Christian music at Woodland Hills Mall, but I never come across mass performance. Hopefully one day I will.

Thanks for sharing the videos.
    I'm amazed how well you're still playing this forum, Thunder. You play your Dumb Thunder/Smart Thunder as well as any troll I've ever seen.

Folks -- he's a TROLL. He has written incredibly sharp posts with perfect grammar and obvious intelligence and then - in a flash - he'll go back to the dumb acting, paranoid, strange, conspiracy buff, end-of-the-worlder, silly rumor mongering....the 'bizarre' Thunder. Classic trolling.

Remember the tornado activity was giving us "great national exposure" signature?
    Remember the 2012 - we're all going to die signature?
    There was a really off-the-wall signature about earthquakes.
    I wish I had kept a list just for laughs and giggles.

He's having the time of his life playing OKCTalk.

@Bimmerdude - dumbest thread ever. Nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by oneforone View Post
    I think one thing we all have to keep in mind that most of today's teenagers were raised by people who were children in adult bodies. Very few kids and teens are taught how to behave in public. Sure we wall annoyed the hell out of adults as kids however, the majority of the people on here new where the line was. If store employees or mall security had to get involved you took it down a notch or two and went about your business. You knew better then to bring things to a point where Mom and Dad or worse the police had to get involved. Being busted by the cops was not the badge of honor it is now.

Today only a select few have respect for others let alone authority. When things get bad enough for parents or police to be called the parents show up and blame everyone but the kid. If I were a little younger I would consider becoming a bail bondsman or a criminal defense attorney. Both those fields are about become very lucrative because many of today's teens are going to see jail or prison time at some point in their early adulthood. I predict we will soon hit a time where not being convicted of a crime will put you in the minority not the majority.
    Dumbest. post. EVER. I teach in a public high school in OKC and I haven't had a discipline problem in 4 years. The kids are respectful every day. They are actually far more respectful than kids at the high school I attended. Their parents are grown, responsible adults. You are just old and grumpy. The old grumps of every generation say this about the last generation.

WOW. That is impressive. Not a single discipline problem in 4 years? Where do you teach?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOKC View Post
    I'm amazed how well you're still playing this forum, Thunder. You play your Dumb Thunder/Smart Thunder as well as any troll I've ever seen.

Folks -- he's a TROLL. He has written incredibly sharp posts with perfect grammar and obvious intelligence and then - in a flash - he'll go back to the dumb acting, paranoid, strange, conspiracy buff, end-of-the-worlder, silly rumor mongering....the 'bizarre' Thunder. Classic trolling.

Remember the tornado activity was giving us "great national exposure" signature?
    Remember the 2012 - we're all going to die signature?
    There was a really off-the-wall signature about earthquakes.
    I wish I had kept a list just for laughs and giggles.

He's having the time of his life playing OKCTalk.
    People with IQs under 80 should be locked up, or at least have their Internet access taken away.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    People with IQs under 80 should be locked up, or at least have their Internet access taken away.
    But Thunder, that would only leave you and me left to post here. LOL

"Times are bad. Children no longer obey their parents and everyone is writing a book."
    -- Cicero. circa 100 BCE

Every generation always tends to think the successive generation is out of control, etc. Kids will be kids. Get over it.

Geez...what a tough crowd. Maybe I was raised differently from the rest of you, in that I acted in a mature manner while out in public. If I acted up, I had another thing coming. I know kids will be kids, but if I ever saw my kids acting like that, I would beat their @#%$@!

Default Fossil to open in Penn Square

Fossil is adding a full retail store with watches, clothing and handbags on the mall's lower level across from Banana Republic, said mall spokeswoman Mis Gaston.

Apricot Lane, a trendy women's retailer specializing in celebrity-branded merchandise and premium denim, will open on the upper level near the food court in a space being vacated by the Lucca Annex.
    Apricot Lane is scheduled to open by Aug. 1 and Fossil by Sept. 1.
    Read more: http://newsok.com/okcs-penn-square-m...#ixzz1O5HLIW9A

Default Re: Fossil to open in Penn Square

Yawn.... AX, or Diesel and I am interested.

While I agree, Fossil is so 90's, it's better than the kitchy local shops they are replacing.

I no longer wear a watch, but I was given a nice Fossil a while back by some parents after serving our pack for many years. Somehow it seems even more appropriate for me to be connected to a Fossil now than it did then.

21. Default Re: Fossil to open in Penn Square

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    While I agree, Fossil is so 90's, it's better than the kitchy local shops they are replacing.
    Everyone wants local unless it's at a mall. Strange, but true - me included!

Good watches,used to be very popular when I was in High school but never even thought of Fossil again until this thread popped up!

Love it! Fossil has great shoes. If it does well, perhaps they'll decide to put in an outlet store later.

24. Default Re: Fossil to open in Penn Square

Fossil has decent bags- not as expensive as LV or Coach obviously, but well constructed and a good selection. Of course, you can get them at any department store or Zappos...

It's definitely an improvement over what's there now, that hideous Nue Trendz store. And this will be one of Fossil's flagship stores.

They also have planned a two level flagship XXI Forever store, but haven't had the space. That may soon change. Read on....

On a different note, I have been in contact with the mall manager, and they are currently in talks to expand the mall. One proposed expansion plan included a plan that was presented here and that I submitted to mall management.

The image is shown below:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PSM1.jpg 
Views:	1126 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	881

Thread Information