Widgets Magazine
Page 44 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1703

Thread: Penn Square Mall

Default Re: Penn Square Mall

I agree that this is more an issue of bad luck and bad timing timing than anything else. Penn Square Mall is absolutely not "ghetto" but it's possible it may develop that reputation due to these events.

Do we know if this started inside The Footlocker as well?

Has Penn Square Mall released a plan to address the issue? If they do not release a plan it could hurt business and if they are to heavy handed it could hurt business.

Edit: I quoted someone by mistake.

I found the answer to my own question at the link below. Penn Square has not released a plan yet.

https://www.news9.com/story/41582158...nn-square-mall

Back to subject -- no politics except for the Politics forum.

Was at PSM both days over the weekend. I could be wrong but it felt less busy Sunday, but that might just be normal traffic pattern.

https://www.koco.com/article/okc-pol...-mall/30614156

Pictures of the suspect and three other people wanted for questioning.

Quote Originally Posted by HHE View Post
    https://www.koco.com/article/okc-pol...-mall/30614156

Pictures of the suspect and three other people wanted for questioning.
    And I don’t bust back because I shoot first . . .

Quote Originally Posted by HHE View Post
    I found the answer to my own question at the link below. Penn Square has not released a plan yet.

https://www.news9.com/story/41582158...nn-square-mall
    They clarified that they use uniformed and plainclothes security, but failed to acknowledge any problems or announce any changes. They restrict media access to the property - nothing to see here, move along. That’s not confidence-inspiring.

Just average, every-day looking teens. The kid was wearing sandals for crying out loud. What a world.

In today’s Oklahoman, reporter Adam Kemp writes that PSM security “reported seeing two men arguing outside the movie theater.” Security said “they were about to step in when the attacker pulled a gun from his waistband and fired three to four shots before running away.”

It’s almost as if security personnel were visible and in immediate proximity, but the suspect still decided to shoot the intended victim.
    Last edited by CloudDeckMedia; 01-22-2020 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Insert “intended” before the word “victim.”

Quote Originally Posted by CloudDeckMedia View Post
    It’s almost as if security personnel were visible and in immediate proximity, but the suspect still decided to shoot the victim.
    He did not shoot the victim--there actually was no victim aside from a girl who was hit by a shell casing. Security was plain clothed so suggesting that the shooter knew security was present and fired the gun anyway is incorrect.

Went to Apple last night and noticed a police officer posted up near the front. Is there always an officer in Apple or is this related to the event last weekend?

I have learned through the years that industries with large amounts of public attendance are usually adjusting the appearance of their security force. A couple incidents in a month might lead a store or mall to ask their plain clothes store detective to wear a uniform. The line between lawless wasteland and police state is very fine and always shifting in the eyes of the public.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeDub2 View Post
    Went to Apple last night and noticed a police officer posted up near the front. Is there always an officer in Apple or is this related to the event last weekend?
    There's always a cop in the Apple store.

Quote Originally Posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
    There's always a cop in the Apple store.
    There’s always Money in the Banana Stand.

Does anybody know why the PSM vehicle exit just northwest of The Container Store and the vehicle exit east of JC Penneys are blocked off with concrete barricades? Was this due to the fear of vandals and looters from the recent protesters? Someone please enlighten me. TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Does anybody know why the PSM vehicle exit just northwest of The Container Store and the vehicle exit east of JC Penneys are blocked off with concrete barricades? Was this due to the fear of vandals and looters from the recent protesters? Someone please enlighten me. TIA
    I called and asked about this as I was very peeved about these closures. The management office said they were temporary, and put up due to the civil unrest. The lady I spoke with also said they would be removed in a few days. So, yes, it was due to fears of vandals and looters from the recent protests.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    I called and asked about this as I was very peeved about these closures. The management office said they were temporary, and put up due to the civil unrest. The lady I spoke with also said they would be removed in a few days. So, yes, it was due to fears of vandals and looters from the recent protests.
    That’s funny. It’s a seldom used obscure exit way away from the mall. It leads to basically a cemetery. Any unrest was miles away. There are two larger entryways a few hundred feet away that haven’t been blocked and others all around the perimeter. They didn’t have a bunch of guards or barriers. This road block would do NOTHING to stop anybody from getting on the premises. Their security director would be pretty silly if that was caused by protestors miles away. Maybe he was afraid of rioting Nichols Hills people who live nearby... I hear that Rich Lives Matter is a pretty violent group. Lol.

It’s a dangerous exit that leads onto a buy street in an odd way. Maybe, just maybe THAT’s why it’s blocked off.

Looks like the Ann Taylor store at Penn Square is closing after the parent company declared bankruptcy.

I was at the mall this afternoon --- I was surprised, despite the fact that several stores were closed (either permanently or temporarily) how busy it was. I wanted to park in the covered parking or garage area, and it was difficult finding a space. I know school is out and many young people are out shopping before school and or college starts again, but with Covid I was just surprised to see quite a few people there.

^

Especially with the theater stil being closed.

Is the Apple store closing permanently? thought it had opened temporarily but heard it was closing all the way down? can anyone confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by ahumphery View Post
    Is the Apple store closing permanently? thought it had opened temporarily but heard it was closing all the way down? can anyone confirm?
    No, not closing permanently.

They just spent millions upgrading that store.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    No, not closing permanently.

They just spent millions upgrading that store.
    That store does so much business no way it would close for good! If i remember correctly - when they started rolling out the upgrades it was one of the first to get remodeled.

Thread Information