Widgets Magazine
Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445 LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1102

Default Re: Penn Square Mall

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    When do people work?? I am stuck in my office until 4:45 today...
    No kidding.

I felt guilty for being there myself but there was just a huge crowd. This mall seems to be doing very well.

Shooting incident going on at the mall right now. Only heard about one victim so far, so hopefully it isn't a mass shooting event.

I live near the mall and can hear and see a police helicopter.

Reminds me of the ghetto birds in L.A.!

From KOCO's article: Oklahoma Highway Patrol said the I-44 eastbound and westbound off ramps to Northwest Expressway will be shut down until further notice.

Seems I'm going the long way around today.

I'll bet dollars to donuts this was one person in an altercation with one other person.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'll bet dollars to donuts this was one person in an altercation with one other person.
    I don't know, those Nichols Hills gangs roll deep.

A witness was just interviewed on TV who said, "From now on I'm doing all my shopping on Amazon".

You can almost hear the Simon Mall owners screaming.

Also, very little violent crime is random. In most cases, the parties know each other.

Or, at the very least, they get into some sort of altercation then things escalate.

For years, I worked in an area considered among the worst in Los Angeles, and that's saying something. I was always very respectful to everyone and only one time did I sense some really bad energy; I was waiting in a bank and I could hear guys behind me starting to hassle over something. I just left, thinking that I would return at another time, and later saw on the news there had been a shooting outside in the parking lot.

If you are smart and respectful to people, you almost never have anything to worry about. The minute you start 'standing up for yourself' you are at the mercy of someone who likely has much less to lose than you do.

Somebody cuts you off in traffic or is rude in a bar or store? Just let it go and move forward with your life. Absolutely nothing good can come from confrontation.

Police just said it was an argument then fight between two men at Footlocker, and that one shot the other in the chest and is now in critical condition.

They are systematically going store to store and clearing the stores, as most businesses pulled down their gates and employees and customers sheltered in the back of the stores; mainly storage rooms.

Police spokesman said they can't confirm if the shooter is still in the mall.

Mall will reopen tomorrow at 8AM.

NW Expressway between Penn and I-44 is shut down, so there is a traffic nightmare right now.

They just showed video of a couple of guys absolutely brawling inside the Foot Locker.

Good grief, what could possibly happen where you couldn't just walk away instead of getting into a full-on fistfight (and then much worse) at a bloody shoe store??

There are just too many people out there who don't value their own lives and it's always best to never square off with anyone.

They just showed video of a couple of guys absolutely brawling inside the Foot Locker.

Good grief, what could possibly happen where you couldn't just walk away instead of getting into a full-on fistfight (and then much worse) at a bloody shoe store??

There are just too many people out there who don't value their own lives and it's always best to never square off with anyone.
    Well said. Nothing in that mall, that store, is worth losing your life over or going to prison for.

A guy in grey sweat pants, red underwear pulled up and no shirt arguing in a foot locker with someone?

After all that, they determined the suspect had left the mall not long after the shooting, then he ultimately turned himself into the police.

Good grief, a huge part of the city goes into lockdown and hundreds of police and firemen spend half a day... Over a fight in the Foot Locker.

Also sounds like the shooting victim is going to be okay.

I was in the mall at the time of the shooting and people certainly went into a panic. To me, it was obvious that the shooting was due to an altercation and not an "active shooter" situation simply by how few shots were fired, however, in today's climate, it's not surprising that folks assumed so. People were trampling over one another to reach the exit in the store I was in. Strange experience.

Hard to believe that just that caused so much havoc yesterday evening. The commute, even several miles away, was a nightmare. It really snarled up the northwest side.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    Hard to believe that just that caused so much havoc yesterday evening. The commute, even several miles away, was a nightmare. It really snarled up the northwest side.
    I think a gunshot in any public place will cause a similar reaction for quite some time now. Mass shootings are so commonplace these days that folks will immediately assume that is what is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    I was on my way home northbound on I44. About 10th two police cars going at least 90 on the left shoulder flew by. At about 23rd a police SUV did the same. Never seen that before.

20. Default Re: Penn Square Mall

Glad to hear the guy turned himself in. Best case scenario.

The issue here is accessibility. Penn Square Mall serves a majority of the Oklahoma City population & suburbs. Most people from Norman/Moore/Midwest City/Del City area go to Penn Square for extensive mall shopping. Yea Sooner Fashion is ok, but only has so many stores. The outlet mall is out west and serves mostly west OKC and Yukon. Quail serves north OKC and Edmond area. So you have an influx of shoppers that go to Penn for shopping which can cause overcrowding & issues like the one Wednesday afternoon are more likely to happen.

The shutdown of Crossroads Mall left a big hole of mall accessibility, as that mall served south OKC, Moore, & Norman.

I live nearby and that mall is always packed. During the day, night, Christmastime or not.

It's also 100% full and when a store goes out, they quickly slot in a new, quality tenant. They've maxed out their outparcels with the Container Store, Whiskey Cake and Cheesecake Factory.

It has to be one of the more consistently stable malls anywhere.

I went to PS about 10:15 the morning after the shooting. Foot Locker was the only store closed as they were still micro-cleaining. Got the gift cards I needed from 4 stores and was done in an hour. Only Williams-Sonoma had a line for checkout.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    The issue here is accessibility. Penn Square Mall serves a majority of the Oklahoma City population & suburbs. Most people from Norman/Moore/Midwest City/Del City area go to Penn Square for extensive mall shopping. Yea Sooner Fashion is ok, but only has so many stores. The outlet mall is out west and serves mostly west OKC and Yukon. Quail serves north OKC and Edmond area. So you have an influx of shoppers that go to Penn for shopping which can cause overcrowding & issues like the one Wednesday afternoon are more likely to happen.

The shutdown of Crossroads Mall left a big hole of mall accessibility, as that mall served south OKC, Moore, & Norman.
    I agree about Penn always busy and a great location. But don’t sell short the Town Center Plaza in MWC. Its a nice layout and huge draw for East county.

Made sure to go by today as a show of solidarity, seemed to be plenty of people in the mall for last minute shopping.

Thread Information