Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141560 ... LastLast

Thread: Penn Square Mall

Default Re: Penn Square Mall

We were out there this weekend and they're clearly doing something fairly extensive to the old Express/Rothschild's location (okay, that latter reference dates me). They're pulling out walls down to the metal studs and old brick.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    We were out there this weekend and they're clearly doing something fairly extensive to the old Express/Rothschild's location (okay, that latter reference dates me). They're pulling out walls down to the metal studs and old brick.
    I believe it's going to be a 2-level Forever 21.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerman View Post
    I believe it's going to be a 2-level Forever 21.
    This looks promising: http://newsok.com/renovation-project...rticle/3701601

New stores plus some fancy new entrances.

Quote Originally Posted by okcfollower View Post
    This looks promising: http://newsok.com/renovation-project...rticle/3701601

New stores plus some fancy new entrances.
    I really hope they get a new one of these:

That thing is piece of crap!

L
    Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    I really hope they get a new one of these:

That thing is piece of crap!
    Agree. They need REAL upscale signage, like the Galleria in Dallas and the street signage near the Galleria in Houston.

Sara Sara Cupcakes just pulled a building permit for a location in Penn Square.

HangryHippo Guest

Pulled as in had one before the committee and "pulled" it off the table or is "pulling" for a space to build in the mall?

I meant they filed for one today and they are usually granted within a day or two.

HangryHippo Guest

When I was at the mall yesterday I noticed that the little sushi stand was gone. Any idea if it's gone for good? I hope not as they had pretty tasty sushi.

Yes, I can say, from an extremely reliable source, that Sara Sara Cupcakes plans to enter a retail space in Penn Square Mall at some point in 2013. Eventually, Penn Square Mall will be expanding their Food Court as well to include the existing Starbucks location, and Sara Sara will be a part of that expansion. But, Sara Sara will be in the mall long before the expansion in an interim location while the expansion of the food court goes.

Default Re: Store change coming to Penn Square

Don't expect a Sak's in OKC any time soon, they are closing a couple of stores including the Austin location in The Arboretum and one in a Chicago burb.

Statesman.com - Saks Fifth Avenue to close Austin store

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    Don't expect a Sak's in OKC any time soon, they are closing a couple of stores including the Austin location in The Arboretum and one in a Chicago burb.

Statesman.com - Saks Fifth Avenue to close Austin store
    Wow surprised about the Saks in Austin. I could see the Tulsa store being closed before Austin? I do not see Saks opening a full fledged department store in OKC in the near future. However saw today in the DO that upscale store Michael Kors will be opening shop in Penn Square. I also saw where L'Occitane will be opening a store in Penn Square. It appears that slowly PS is attracting more upscale tenants.

On the Journal Record's Web site today was this: "High-end retailers including Michal Kors Lifestyle and L’Occitane En Provence, along with local favorite Sara Sara Cupcakes are among some of the new stores coming to Penn Square Mall as part of a makeover of the shopping center that will cost at least $5.3 million."

This thread has been dormant since May except for recent posts by BlueDog & Progressive - anybody have an update?

There were actually two threads that have now been merged.

The owners Website.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    LANGUAGE PLEASE!!!!!! This isn't an adult only forum. Minor's do read these posts.
    thank you..I was just about to leave again as I detest that ....then thought I should say something...thank you for saying it for me...

Quote Originally Posted by soonergal View Post
    thank you..I was just about to leave again as I detest that ....then thought I should say something...thank you for saying it for me...
    That's always one of my pet peeves about many posters. Sometimes I think I'm just beating my head against the wall when I protest about it.

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    Wow surprised about the Saks in Austin. I could see the Tulsa store being closed before Austin? I do not see Saks opening a full fledged department store in OKC in the near future. However saw today in the DO that upscale store Michael Kors will be opening shop in Penn Square. I also saw where L'Occitane will be opening a store in Penn Square. It appears that slowly PS is attracting more upscale tenants.
    Penn Square is big enough to be a truly upscale mall. They would just need to somehow nudge out downscale tenants like Payless. Northpark Mall in Dallas doesn't have Payless and I think its really a waste of space at Penn Square.

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    The Arboretum in Austin has had many retailers move over to The Domain, at one time Saks was slated to move to the Phase 3 retail portion close to where Nordstrom was supposed to be located. The last time that I was there (last fall) there were many empty store fronts. We did a project for a pharmaceutical company in Domain 5 because all of their manufacturing area (metal building added onto the main Domain 5 building back when it was an IBM manufacturing campus) was slated to be the parking garage between Saks and Nordstrom. They were supposed to be moved by December 2009, when the Phase 3 portion was put on hold, they put their move on hold and ultimately terminated the lease on their new facility. I heard right before I moved to Denver that it might be coming back which meant Phase 3 was maybe starting back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Sara Sara Cupcakes just pulled a building permit for a location in Penn Square.
    That kinda surprises me. Thought the Cupcake fad had already started to fade....

You know speaking of high-end stores, a Gucci store would be nice. What would be even better is if a Galleria was built somewhere in or near downtown and they placed a Gucci store there.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    That kinda surprises me. Thought the Cupcake fad had already started to fade....
    It seems people just aren't as open about it as they used to be. I don't think the fad is fading, it's just become very silent until you start talking with a married couple, it always finds a way to show itself if you talk to a married couple longer than 45 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by MDot View Post
    It seems people just aren't as open about it as they used to be. I don't think the fad is fading, it's just become very silent until you start talking with a married couple, it always finds a way to show itself if you talk to a married couple longer than 45 seconds.
    Not sure what there is to be "closed" about. It's a cupcake, I think you are correct though, the fad hasn't faded. It's just become "normal". Like the Devon tower, people have gotten used to it, so talk about it isn't as much as when it first started getting going.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Not sure what there is to be "closed" about. It's a cupcake.
    Most people call it 'dry sense of humor'. lol glad you got my point through all that jibberish though.

Thread Information