Widgets Magazine

Thread: Places with vegetarian options on the menu?

Default Places with vegetarian options on the menu?

My folks are coming to visit, my mother is a pesci-vegetarian, meaning she does not eat anything that had legs at one point.

I know the Red Cup has vegetarian-friendly menu, however that is more of a cafe than a restaurant. From what I remember the wedge has some interesting vegetarian pizza options.

I want to go out to some decent sit-down places, price is not an issue. I have not been to a lot of restaurants here yet that have vegetarian options so I figured I would see if anyone else has.

2. Default Re: Places with vegetarian options on the menu?

Personally, one half of the couple we hang out with the most is vegetarian. We all love to go out and eat and have never really had a problem at any of the nicer restaurants. They either offer vegetarian dishes or she simply orders what she wants minus any animals. We tend to frequent Paseo Grill, Cheever's, Red Prime, 1492, and 501. I think all those places have their menu posted online.

Default Re: Places with vegetarian options on the menu?

Picasso's in Paseo as well has a vegetarian section on the menu

4. Default Re: Places with vegetarian options on the menu?

What about 105 Degrees? I haven't been there, but its hard to get much more vegetarian.

Quote Originally Posted by SSEiYah View Post
    My folks are coming to visit, my mother is a pesci-vegetarian, meaning she does not eat anything that had legs at one point.
    Serious question. Does she eat lobster? I am trying to think of animals with no legs and I coulndt figure out if lobster would count or not. I mean they walk around, but come on its not exactly a chicken leg.

105 Degrees is your best bet

I am a vegetarian and agree with BBates suggestions, they are some of my favorites. Also, try Iron Starr (veggie plate) and Republic (ask the wait staff who are good with suggestions) which are owned by the same people who own Cheevers and Red Prime but a bit more casual. I also like Jason Deli for something casual. Also, Cafe Antigua for breakfast. While I like 105 degrees my family loathes it and it is quite pricey. I also like Casa Perico for Mexican since they have a vegetarian section to the menu. Also, most Italian restaurants have numerous vegetarian options.

8. Default Re: Places with vegetarian options on the menu?

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    105 Degrees is your best bet
    I would only recommend 105 if all in attendance are fans of vegetarian meals ~ and small expensive ones at that.

He said price wasn't an issue ....

10. Default Re: Places with vegetarian options on the menu?

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    He said price wasn't an issue ....
    Price wasn't what I was making an issue of (more of an after thought jab at an already bad restaurant). My issue was that if only one person in the group was a vegetarian then the others may be disappointed with the overall offerings at 105.

Saturn Grill. Hands down the best veggie food in the city.

105 is the only raw vegan restaurant here, but Cheevers has a vegetarian dish.

Unless cheese is excluded as a byproduct from something that once had legs, take the family and go southside to Bella Vista.
    You can enjoy wonderful Italian or Greek dishes during a relaxed paced eve with ample time for conversating.

They do of course have meat based items, mighty,mighty tasty ones in fact, for those who prefer that direction (aka moi). Yet there are several opportunities to go meatless for those who prefer to settle for no meat in their meal.

West side of S. Western, just a bit north of where S. Western and SW 59th cross.

So far everyone had some good options. However Cafe Antigua has no vegetarian options for breakfast but do for other meals. Cocina Guatalinda has some vegetarian options as well. The Wedge has the Vedge pizza and my wife's new favorite is the truffle shuffle without chicken. Republic finally added a vegetarian item to the menu, hand made gnocchi. Also Queen of Sheba at 23rd and MacArthur has some options also. Most restaurants here can accommodate vegetarians but few actually have many options besides ordering sides or salads

The Metro always has a well-thought-out and tasty vegetarian entree on their seasonal menu. Currently it is:
    Beluga Lentil & Parsnip Puree Tart
    with Balsamic Pearl Onions, Arugula Pesto, Brown Beech Mushrooms, Turnips, Carrots & Brussels Sprout Petals
    and it is absolutely divine.

My sister is a vegetarian. Once, my dad and step-mom were taking us out for dinner, but my step-mom never would tell us where we were going. She assured my sister they had vegetarian options- she said she had even called to check on it. We arrived at the restaurant- Joe's Crab Shack. My sister enjoyed a nice salad for dinner. Sis lives in Tulsa now so I don't think much about vegetarian options anymore. But, I don't recommend Joe's Crab Shack!

ludivine deep fork red prime all have great fish dishes on the menu daily

Thread Information