Widgets Magazine

Thread: Fiesta Bowl Highlights 2011

Default Re: Fiesta Bowl Highlights 2011

Siesta Bowl IMO. Sorry Sooner Fans but that was a ho-hum game.

Quote Originally Posted by stick47 View Post
    I agree. A sloppy win over a vastly inferior team. OU is lucky they weren't playing TCU or Wisconsin.

Quote Originally Posted by skyrick View Post
    I agree. A sloppy win over a vastly inferior team. OU is lucky they weren't playing TCU or Wisconsin.
    Or Stanford....

or Okie st. or Texas oooooo wait nevermind!OU played very well down the stretch of the later part of the year and look for The Sooners to be in the top 3 when next year starts!

Quote Originally Posted by stick47 View Post
    Sorry, non-Sooner fans, but that's the kind of ho-hum game we like. We would have enjoyed a similar ho-hum game earlier this year against inferior teams in both Missouri and A&M. Only non-Sooner fans would have enjoyed a close competitive game.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    ...Only non-Sooner fans would have enjoyed a close competitive game.
    You're joking, right? Sadly, I suspect you're not. A ho-hum, at least it's a W, who cares how it became a W, it's a W, is probably what actually does work for many who call themselves Sooner fans. What you consider a Sooner fan I consider a dime a dozen W fan.

I don't like it when the Sooners lose, and hate it when they lose one they should not lose, but I find no dishonor or shame with the Sooners, or any team, being bested in a hard fought and competitive contest.

Run away games, whew that was lucky games, and thank ya lawd for dat weak opponent or that odd call that went in the team's favor games ... those are just sad. I'd rather nail bite my way through the final 5 minutes of this year's bedlam game for every game, all season long, than endure any ho-hum game.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    You're joking, right? Sadly, I suspect you're not. A ho-hum, at least it's a W, who cares how it became a W, it's a W, is probably what actually does work for many who call themselves Sooner fans. What you consider a Sooner fan I consider a dime a dozen W fan.

I don't like it when the Sooners lose, and hate it when they lose one they should not lose, but I find no dishonor or shame with the Sooners, or any team, being bested in a hard fought and competitive contest.

Run away games, whew that was lucky games, and thank ya lawd for dat weak opponent or that odd call that went in the team's favor games ... those are just sad. I'd rather nail bite my way through the final 5 minutes of this year's bedlam game for every game, all season long, than endure any ho-hum game.
    That's what I was talking about earlier in the thread, the TCU/Wisconsin Rose Bowl was one of the best college games of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post

Kevin, I've been attending Sooner games for about 50 years and have seen more nail biters than I care to talk about and I guarantee I enjoy a good rout much more, especially when it's a game that's supposed to be in doubt like the Texas Tech game in Norman a couple of years ago. I was certainly not joking and there is nothing sad about a fan wanting to see his team do well. I love to see my Sooners dominate a game. The notion that any avid football fan would rather see a close nailbiter when watching their team is silly and that's true at any school. Now, I agree that if I'm watching other teams that I don't have that much interest in, a well played close game is more entertaining.

That's what I was talking about earlier in the thread, the TCU/Wisconsin Rose Bowl was one of the best college games of the season.
    I agree it was a great game but I'm not a TCU or Wisconsin fan. I promise you the avid Wisconsin fans would have rather seen a 60 - 0 score in their favor.

This guy has amazing highlight videos!

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    I agree it was a great game but I'm not a TCU or Wisconsin fan. I promise you the avid Wisconsin fans would have rather seen a 60 - 0 score in their favor.
    I guess a better way to put it is that OU played a sloppy game against an inferior opponent. The score SHOULD have been 60-0 against UConn. Too many sloppy wins in 2010. I know, a W is a W, but these aren't wins to be thumping our chests about.

I'm a big Sooner fan and to be honest I didn't look forward to or enjoy this year's Fiesta bowl. It was the kind of game you're not so much excited the sooners won as you're just glad they didn't lose.

Looking forward to next year for sure.

I guess a better way to put it is that OU played a sloppy game against an inferior opponent. The score SHOULD have been 60-0 against UConn. Too many sloppy wins in 2010. I know, a W is a W, but these aren't wins to be thumping our chests about.
    I don't see anyone thumping their chests. I just see a lot of Sooner fans happy to be celebrating a BCS bowl game win for a change. We played inferior opponents in the last two Fiesta Bowl games and lost so why shouldn't we be happy?

Thread Information