Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: R.i.p.

Default Re: R.i.p.

Brown Suga's location on Memorial/Santa Fe (I think that's the cross-street it was near on Memorial), which they relocated to from NW 122nd/May. Happened very early in 2009, IIRC.

Bruno's is closing? More parking for cock o' the walk

The Cellar on NW Expressway/Rockwell lost their lease and will not be opening in that area again, they're just gone. And why don't they have a website that tells you their locations, phone numbers, general idea of what they stock (winemakers, breweries, just a general thing, not a list of all their stock), etc.? C'mon, it's the 21st century! Oh wait, I forgot where we are...

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    The Cellar on NW Expressway/Rockwell lost their lease and will not be opening in that area again, they're just gone. And why don't they have a website that tells you their locations, phone numbers, general idea of what they stock (winemakers, breweries, just a general thing, not a list of all their stock), etc.? C'mon, it's the 21st century! Oh wait, I forgot where we are...
    Just can't pass up a chance to take a swipe at OKC, can you?

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Just can't pass up a chance to take a swipe at OKC, can you?
    Nope. I'm not alone, though - I was taking a friend there who had never been, we found out it was closed, came back to the office, I tried to find their website to give him other locations, couldn't find a website, and told him. His reply was (verbatim) "What year is this again?!?!?" Trust me, there are lots of other people here frustrated over this kind of thing, not just me.

Nope. I'm not alone, though - I was taking a friend there who had never been, we found out it was closed, came back to the office, I tried to find their website to give him other locations, couldn't find a website, and told him. His reply was (verbatim) "What year is this again?!?!?" Trust me, there are lots of other people here frustrated over this kind of thing, not just me.
    Tons of businesses in the area have websites. Some don't. It's not like OKC doesn't have internet. It's just a personal business decision, albeit a bad one. There's no point in insulting the whole area for their business decision. Lame.

A local liquor store without a website...The horror

My thoughts exactly Easy180. I bet there are other business TheTravellers purchases from that do not have websites.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass as you leave OKC. Good riddance.

The Western Sizzlin/Mackie McNears (or whatever they called it) just east of MacArthur on NW 23rd is closed, signage down etc. Has a closed banner up telling people to visit the Meridian location (is the one on sw 74/Penn still open?) Didn't get to the southside this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCTalker View Post
    Galleria Furniture at 3700 W. I-40 Service Road – Turns out they’re not really going out of business, just closing their doors.
    I think it is Amini's Galleria on NW Expressway, not Galleria Furniture. They are temporarily closing to restock or remodel or something.

Noticed this closure last night. There is a sign on the door that says "Temporarily Closed. Will Reopen Soon." The sign is still up, but changed- the Cellar is gone, and now it's a guy's name- Sean's maybe?

Interurban downtown on Robinson is closed. Nothing left in the place at all.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanieamous View Post
    Interurban downtown on Robinson is closed. Nothing left in the place at all.
    I think a Cool Greens will be there, check other threads on it.

Quote Originally Posted by OSUPokeFan View Post
    Noticed this closure last night. There is a sign on the door that says "Temporarily Closed. Will Reopen Soon." The sign is still up, but changed- the Cellar is gone, and now it's a guy's name- Sean's maybe?
    I got the info about the lease when I called the Britton/May Cellar, they said that location is closed permanently, don't believe the sign.

Hemi's on 23rd ST is closed and boarded up.

Know this is slightly off topic but is Neptune's on Classen still alive? Wife may be taking a spot near there and she used to love that place

18. Default Re: R.i.p.

Quote Originally Posted by blangtang View Post
    Hemi's on 23rd ST is closed and boarded up.
    You aren't talking about the building next to O'reilly's are you?

Hemi's on 23rd has been closed for a few years. They opened in another location on Classen for awhile but that location is closed also. I have wondered why they moved then closed. Nothing new has gone into the location since.

Bigray in Ok

Neptune's is still there. It is the only Neptune's still open in OKC. I remember when Neptune's had multiple locations. It is my favorite sandwich shop. I like their bread better than Subway, Quizno's, City Bites, etc.

Bigray in Ok

Uptown needs a good pizza place. Somewhere along 23rd and Walker across from Big Truck Tacos, would be good.

I would like to see a good New York style pizza by the slice or the whole.

I know it's not OKC, but Norman Iron Starr closed. It's really too bad because it was a great building that went well with In the Raw...

I got the info about the lease when I called the Britton/May Cellar, they said that location is closed permanently, don't believe the sign.
    I believe that the Cellar is gone, but it appears that a different liquor store is reopening in the same spot. The neon sign has been changed from the Cellar to something else.

Market C is closing. This Friday is their last day, and everything is 50% off. They just made the announcement on their Facebook page. Says the space will be taken over by Cheever's Catering.

I noticed this weekend Falcones in MWC closed shop.

Thread Information