Widgets Magazine

Thread: Worst drivers by state.

Default Worst drivers by state.

2010 GMAC Insurance Driver's Test Results

(Ranked in order of worst drivers by state to best drivers by state)
    Scoring is from 1 to 100 on a 20 question test.

National Drivers Test - GMAC Insurance

You do not need to enter your name and email at the end of this test.

1. (WORST) New York - 70.0
    2. New Jersey - 70.5 :moon:
    3. Dist. of Columbia - 71.9
    4. California - 73.3
    5. Rhode Island - 73.8
    6. Louisiana - 74.1
    7. West Virginia - 74.8
    7. Hawaii - 74.8
    9. New Hampshire - 74.9
    9. Kentucky - 74.9
    11. Florida - 75.2
    12. Mississippi - 75.6
    13. Pennsylvania - 75.8
    13. Massachusetts - 75.8
    15. North Carolina - 75.9
    15. Arkansas - 75.9
    17. Texas - 76.0
    18. Connecticut - 76.3
    19. Illinois - 76.6
    20. Georgia - 76.7
    21. Alabama - 77.1
    22. South Carolina - 77.2
    23. New Mexico - 77.3
    24. Virginia - 77.5
    24. Ohio - 77.5
    26. Maine - 77.6
    26. Delaware - 77.6
    28. Colorado - 77.8
    29. Utah- 77.9
    30. Vermont - 78.1
    30. Nevada - 78.1
    32. Maryland - 78.2
    33. Tennessee - 78.3
    34. Wyoming - 78.4
    35. Arizona - 78.5
    36. Missouri - 78.8
    37. Michigan - 79.0
    38. North Dakota - 79.1
    39. Oklahoma - 79.3
    40. Wisconsin - 79.4
    40. Washington - 79.4
    42. Alaska - 79.8
    43. Montana - 80.0
    44. Idaho - 80.1
    45. Indiana - 80.4
    46. Nebraska - 80.5
    47. Iowa - 80.8
    48. Minnesota - 81.1
    49. South Dakota - 81.2
    50. Oregon - 82.1
    51. (BEST) Kansas 82.3

Default Re: Worst drivers by state.

I took the test and got 100% on the first try.

I wish they had used a question about changing lanes in a working school zone.

Quote Originally Posted by FRISKY View Post
    I took the test and got 100% on the first try.

I wish they had used a question about changing lanes in a working school zone.
    Just because someone can answer the questions correctly doesn't mean they actually do that in real-life driving. Surveys like this are almost meaningless because of that. How about tallying up the accidents, tickets, and all the real-life indicators of bad driving rather than a quickie questionnaire? That's be a bit more accurate.

Never had any idea that changing lanes in a school zone was illegal (I wonder how many people *do* know that?) - if someone's going 10 MPH in a school zone, then nobody would be able to pass that driver unless they were already in the lane next to him, how strange. It's also apparently just an OKC municipal code, not a state statute (AFAICT). Wonder how widespread in the USA that type of statute/muni code is? Surprised OKCPD doesn't enforce this one...

Here's the code:

§ 32-201. - Overtaking and passing in school zones.

(a) Passing prohibited during certain hours. No driver of a vehicle shall pass any other vehicle which is in motion and being driven in the same direction in any school zone between the times designated in Section 32-171 of this chapter on all days when schools are in session.

(b) Passing on multiple-lane streets. Wherever a school zone is located on a multiple-lane street which is divided into three or more clearly marked lanes for traffic where the right half of the roadway has been divided into two or more lanes, or on one-way streets, vehicles shall be allowed to pass slower-moving vehicles being driven in the same direction where passing does not involve a change of lane movement.

(Code 1970, § 34-63; Code 1980, § 32-201; Ord. No. 18027, § 1, 2-26-85)

I've improved a whole 3% since my driving test back in 1994! AWESOME!!

MadMonk Guest

Huh. I thought the no-passing rule in an active school zone was common knowlege. I distictly remember going over that in my high school driving course. But, then again, I see idiots passing school busses that have their stop signs/lights on too. If ever there was a need for a vehicle-mounted chain gun...

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    Huh. I thought the no-passing rule in an active school zone was common knowlege. I distictly remember going over that in my high school driving course. But, then again, I see idiots passing school busses that have their stop signs/lights on too. If ever there was a need for a vehicle-mounted chain gun...
    I honestly don't ever remember hearing about it in driver's ed 30 years ago and must've missed it in the "Rules Of The Road", or whatever OK calls it.

I think we should have a paintball system - easily washable paint after a day or so, red is for really really stupid things, yellow is just for stupid things. Someone does something really really stupid, and their car gets shot with red, otherwise yellow. Public shame can work sometimes. And yeah, I know, the system would be horribly abused, but one can dream...

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    Agreed. If you pass a school bus loading or unloading your ticket to continue to live has been punched and goodbye to you!!!

Thread Information