Widgets Magazine

Thread: Happy Hours

Default Happy Hours

What are the best happy hour places around the metro?

2. Default Re: Happy Hours

I belive happy hours are illegal

http://www.ok.gov/able/documents/T37.pdf

37-537. Enumerated prohibited acts
    B. No licensee of the ABLE Commission shall:
    4. Advertise or offer “happy hours” or any other means or inducements to stimulate the consumption of alcoholic beverages including:
    a. deliver more than two drinks to one person at one time,
    b. sell or offer to sell to any person or group of persons any drinks at a price less than the price regularly charged for such drinks during the same calendar week, except at private functions not open to the public,
    c. sell or offer to sell to any person an unlimited number of drinks during any set period of time for a fixed price, except at private functions not open to the public,
    d. sell or offer to sell drinks to any person or group of persons on any one day at prices less than those charged the general public on that day, except at private functions not open to the public

3. Default Re: Happy Hours

Quote Originally Posted by akd View Post
    What are the best happy hour places around the metro?
    Drunken Fry: all day, every day they have $5 PBR and a shot. CanNOT beat that deal.

4. Default Re: Happy Hours

Sonic every day at 2-4pm. Can't think of any other places, sorry.

5. Default Re: Happy Hours

Are you looking for a crowd? A place to get a buzz? See and be seen/fancy?

Another great deal is bin 73 on Western. Until 7 (or is it 6?) they have like $5 martinis that are a great deal.

Default Re: Happy Hours

Buffalo Wild Wings on I-35 was the worst Happy Hour I ever seen! They ran "specials" on 22oz draw beers, but it was cheaper by the oz to buy 16oz pints. It was not long after they opened and their manager was obsessed with getting his store into the top 20 in sales. That was when the jacked up their wing prices up as well. My friends and I stopped going at that point...

7. Default Re: Happy Hours

Paseo Grill doesn't offer any drink specials, but they do have their yummy fried green beans for free at the bar during happy hour time. Plus, the drinks are delish.

Red Prime has a great happy hour menu, as well, but not many drink specials.
    Still corrupting young minds

As far as some food happy hours, Pachinko Parlor has half price rolls from 4-6 and Red Prime has lots of snacks for $3 til 6pm I think.

9. Default Re: Happy Hours

I would say Belle Isle Brewery has a great combo of cheap prices and micro brewed beer

Mickey Mantles has a great happy hour if you don't mind being the only one drinking domestic beer

Woodcrest Tavern has the most interesting happy hours. Their system is a progressive happy hour. Meaning the beer is cheapest starting at noon and gets more expensive as the day goes on. A real great place to have a beer.

12. Default Re: Happy Hours

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremistPullup View Post

4. Advertise or offer “happy hours” or any other means or inducements to stimulate the consumption of alcoholic beverages including:
    b. sell or offer to sell to any person or group of persons any drinks at a price less than the price regularly charged for such drinks during the same calendar week, except at private functions not open to the public,
    c. sell or offer to sell to any person an unlimited number of drinks during any set period of time for a fixed price, except at private functions not open to the public,
    d. sell or offer to sell drinks to any person or group of persons on any one day at prices less than those charged the general public on that day, except at private functions not open to the public
    Doesn't apply to low point beer.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremistPullup View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Doesn't apply to low point beer.
    or food specials which many do in place of drink specials.

I agree with Easy 180 on Belle Isle. Hubby and I go there about twice a week, but unfortunately due to work schedules, don't make it for Happy Hour. Since I don't beer (I'm more of a Merlot or LIT person) I'm not sure what their beer specials are, but all appetizers are 1/2 price before 7 p.m. Tu-Fri. On Mondays, is their "Pizza and Pints" night. We love the place because the food and drink prices are very reasonable and everything is very good. Where else could you get a good dirty martini for $6? The wait staff is experienced and friendly, and the owners care about their clientele. No, we're not owners, just big fans of the restaurant! Try it if you haven't been there yet!

15. Default Re: Happy Hours

Steak 'n Shake has double Happy Hours from 2-4pm and 2-4am for shakes and drinks.

To add, a lot of places have beer specials during Thunder games which often takes place during happy hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    I would say Belle Isle Brewery has a great combo of cheap prices and micro brewed beer

Mickey Mantles has a great happy hour if you don't mind being the only one drinking domestic beer
    I agree with the Belle Isle Brewery... good bunch of bartenders too.

Looking for any taco tuesday deals. Please post

I believe Mexican Radio has $3.50 tacos Monday- Thurs from 2pm to 6pm

OSO in the Paseo has half price tacos and beer M-F from 2-5 and all day on Tuesdays. They are usually my go to.

Thread Information