Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chuy's

Default Re: Chuy's in OKC

BG918,
    Didn't Mi Cocina start in San Antonio? Just curious. That's the only one I have ever been to.
    C. T.
    Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Where are they opening in Tulsa? I know there is a Mi Cocina opening there pretty soon. I could see Mi Cocina opening in OKC or Norman in the near future. It's a great place, upscale Mexican, with multiple locations in the DFW area and one opening in Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    BG918,
    Didn't Mi Cocina start in San Antonio? Just curious. That's the only one I have ever been to.
    C. T.
    I thought it was Dallas. There are close to a dozen here in DFW. According to their website there isn't one in SA. Not to say that there is not a local, non-chain MC there.

Skyrick,
    My mistake, I was thinking of the one at the Market Place in San Antonio, and I believe it's called Mi Tierra. It isn't a franchise as far as I know, open 24 hours per day.
    C. T.
    Quote Originally Posted by skyrick View Post
    I thought it was Dallas. There are close to a dozen here in DFW. According to their website there isn't one in SA. Not to say that there is not a local, non-chain MC there.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    Skyrick,
    My mistake, I was thinking of the one at the Market Place in San Antonio, and I believe it's called Mi Tierra. It isn't a franchise as far as I know, open 24 hours per day.
    C. T.
    Yes, Mi Tierra is a local San Antonio institution and the Market Place location is their only one. It is one of my wife's favorite places and when we are in San Antonio it is one place we usually eat at.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesimpsons82 View Post
    In the past, I've gone straight off of manager's of other restaurants so I'm not doing that anymore. This time I went straight to the VP of Real Estate and Development Michael Hatcher and asked him if there was any chance there would be a Chuy's in the OKC area ever and got the response below. For those of you that don't know, Chuy's is a Tex-Mex place in Texas (and a couple of other states). Some may not think it's the greatest place in the world, but it's head and shoulders better than Ted's.

"Mike,

My brokers are looking at potential sites in OKC for Chuy's. I don't have anything nailed down at this point, so it will probably be early 2012 before I have one open.

Thanks,

Michael"

http://www.chuys.com
    Chuy's = meh. Mi Cocina, on the other hand, is damn good chain Tex-Mex.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Chuy's = meh. Mi Cocina, on the other hand, is damn good chain Tex-Mex.
    Opposite, IMO, after trying both. Mi Cocina for about 15 years, Chuy's for a couple. Mi Cocina = pretentious.

Quote Originally Posted by skyrick View Post
    Opposite, IMO, after trying both. Mi Cocina for about 15 years, Chuy's for a couple. Mi Cocina = pretentious.
    Dallas = The pretentious city

Quote Originally Posted by bandnerd View Post
    Now, if Rick Bayless decided to do a Mexican restaurant here, I'd be allllllll over that.
    Amen. I would think especially Xoco would be a concept that is easy to put in other places than Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Another reason I don't live in Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I'm still upset that Casa Bonita disappeared. Childhood memories destroyed forever. I mourn it daily.
    yes horrible food needs to be remembered ..

Mi cocina is opening on cherry street in Tulsa, for whoever it was that asked.

To Mike Simpson, the author of this thread: Is Chuy's coming to OKC or Norman, or both ? I've seen this thread and the other in the "Norman" section. Thanks.

Cool Re: Chuy's in OKC

I like both Mi Cocina's and Chuys. Both are great in their own way. I would have to say Mi Cocina is probably my favorite because I want Metro to think that I am a pretentious person living in a pretentious city. LOL.....................just kidding Metro

If I was to pick the locations for a new Tex Mex restaurant, I'd look seriously at Edmond and Moore. Both are relatively underserved in that category, particularly, north Edmond. Forget NWOKC, too much market saturation, and you won't be able to compete with Ted's or Ables, both of which are excellent and have huge followings. Stay off of the Memorial corridor unless you have a truly unique and quality product. The demographics might attract you, but I don't know whether the Chamber will provide you with demos to show how many restaurants have already closed in that corridor due to market saturation.

I don't get to excited about chains either. I'm more of a keep it local type of person. That said, Edmond and Moore particularly appreciate chains, so that ought to be something you strongly consider.

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    I like both Mi Cocina's and Chuys. Both are great in their own way. I would have to say Mi Cocina is probably my favorite because I want Metro to think that I am a pretentious person living in a pretentious city. LOL.....................just kidding Metro
    No worries.

1492 will open their second location in about a month ..and are looing for a spot for a 3rd location

Where is 1492's 2nd location ???

Quote Originally Posted by bandnerd View Post
    So, am I supposed to do some sort of happy dance to the chain restaurant gods
    Yes! Because of Chuy's Elvis Fried Chicken.

This thread made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    1492 will open their second location in about a month ..and are looing for a spot for a 3rd location
    Good for them.

3rd location will be in Norman, right?

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    Where is 1492's 2nd location ???
    according to an ad in the Gazette. . . .Britton and Penn in Casady Square.

Quote Originally Posted by foodiefan View Post
    according to an ad in the Gazette. . . .Britton and Penn in Casady Square.
    Horrible location IMO

Horrible location IMO
    I feel the same way about the location. Casady Square doesn't get much attention.

I hate to say this, as I do like their food, but I have a strong feeling that this will fail.

So anyway... Where is the Chuy's location opening? Specific - Norman (where) and/or OKC (&where?)

Thanks

Thread Information