Widgets Magazine
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Weather Discussion - Jan/Feb 2011

1. Default Re: Winter Weather Discussion - Jan/Feb 2011

Quote Originally Posted by SSEiYah View Post
    some shots from the local walmart, sold out of everything I was looking for:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4441850...50730858/show/
    That was NOT nice of those Oklahomans to become so greedy, selfish, and self-centered. They do not think, do not care, and do not respect for others. PIGS! Is what they are. There are so many people out there, now some of those people will go home empty.

Default Re: Winter Weather Discussion - Jan/Feb 2011

Maybe I can understand the school, and business, and government closings today, but why were some of them closed yesterday? Our tax dollars at work?

3. Default Re: Winter Weather Discussion - Jan/Feb 2011

It's not like you didn't have a 5 day warning.

Quote Originally Posted by UnclePete View Post
    Maybe I can understand the school, and business, and government closings today, but why were some of them closed yesterday? Our tax dollars at work?
    What entities shut down on Monday? I was curled up on thehome couch doing a bunch of reading and dinna get out and about after 1.

5. Default Re: Winter Weather Discussion - Jan/Feb 2011

If you've got an idevice (iPod, iPad, iPhone) it's kind of interesting to listen to one of the many scanner apps. You can follow weather related dispatches for fire, EMSA, sheriff, OHP, etc. Plus short wave transmissions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    It's not like you didn't have a 5 day warning.
    I went to Buy for Less yesterday during lunch and their shelves were fully stocked and they had several registers open to handle everybody.

7. Default Re: Winter Weather Discussion - Jan/Feb 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Roadhawg View Post
    I went to Buy for Less yesterday during lunch and their shelves were fully stocked and they had several registers open to handle everybody.
    Same here, went shopping around 3 and they had everything I needed. Sounds like whoever couldn't find anything in stock must have waited till midnight last night.

8. Default Re: Winter Weather Discussion - Jan/Feb 2011

Last band of snow moving through Kingfisher/Canadian/Grady and Garvin counties. Moving due east mostly with the lightest area in Canadian county. After this, falling snow should mostly end but ground blizzard conditions will continue until the winds come down.

You know, we constantly make fun of our weathermen on tv for being overzealous, but man they hit the nail on the head with this one!

It looks like you will be having peanut butter on hamburger buns with a side of marshmallows (photo #3). You can then wash it down with prune juice (photo #4).

11. Default Re: Winter Weather Discussion - Jan/Feb 2011

12. Default Re: Winter Weather Discussion - Jan/Feb 2011

I like how NWS somehow made OKC stand out with the snow total surrounded by lower totals. Bias, much? lol

This reminds me of the Simpsons episode where an approaching hurricane led to a rush on the local Kwik-E-Mart, leaving Marge only Creamed Eels and Wadded Beef.

In another scene, Homer tells the kids not to worry, they have plenty of food and goes on to make a meal from pie crust, Tom Collins mix and cloves.

I just saw that the banjo museum closed today...What a bunch of crap

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    This reminds me of the Simpsons episode where an approaching hurricane led to a rush on the local Kwik-E-Mart, leaving Marge only Creamed Eels and Wadded Beef.

In another scene, Homer tells the kids not to worry, they have plenty of food and goes on to make a meal from pie crust, Tom Collins mix and cloves.
    Speaking of which, where's Mr. Plow when we need him?

Or the Plow King!

Another great Simpson's line on the subject of media weather hyperbole...

Kent Brockman: Roads closed, pipes frozen, albinos...virtually invisible. The National Weather Service has upgraded Springfield's blizzard from "Winter Wonderland" to a "Class 3 Kill-Storm"!

LOL Pete - I read that during a meeting and everyone wondered what I was laughing about.

Smile Re: Winter Weather Discussion - Jan/Feb 2011

State Employees (non-essential) off work Wednesday too!

Baby boom 9 months from now.....

Banner week for Cox On Demand

I asked in the chat too, but, does anyone know if UPS is picking up tomorrow?

looks like it was time for wal mart to clean their shelves anyway

23. Default Re: Winter Weather Discussion - Jan/Feb 2011

Ya'all enjoy the snow while its NOT melting. Finally these snow will actually stick around, but there is a surprise for next Monday. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Ya'all enjoy the snow while its NOT melting. Finally these snow will actually stick around, but there is a surprise for next Monday. :-)
    It's hardly going to be a surprise, Thunder. The forecasters are already predicting more snow for the first part of next week. And I'm certainly not enjoying the snow. I needed to be at work today and couldn't get there. Some of my customers had problems that I couldn't help them with. It's not all fun and games.

25. Default Re: Winter Weather Discussion - Jan/Feb 2011

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    It's hardly going to be a surprise, Thunder. The forecasters are already predicting more snow for the first part of next week. And I'm certainly not enjoying the snow. I needed to be at work today and couldn't get there. Some of my customers had problems that I couldn't help them with. It's not all fun and games.
    Just saying... It could be a major one. heh

Thread Information