Widgets Magazine
Page 57 of 93 FirstFirst ... 75253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 2314

Thread: I-235 / I-44 Interchange

Default Re: I-235 / I-44 Interchange

Quote Originally Posted by bucktalk View Post
    Nice pics...thanks for sharing them! I know this is a crazy thought BUT what are the chances ODOT will provide some regional trees to plant in the open areas around the loops. If ODOT had the funds and some creative insight they would really, really make that area look beautiful. I know, I know....beautification of our highways isn't a priority. Dang it.
    The evaluation methods tend to have highway departments sees trees as fixed hazardous objects in a runoff area and depending on placement reducing site lines. Plus they are not likely going to want to do anything that increases yearly maintenance costs.

This is fully funded right? Cause budget cuts are coming next fiscal year

Right-click to open in new window/tab for hi-res version:

That lone, unconnected bridge on the right in all the pics...what is it's role?

Quote Originally Posted by 5alive View Post
    That lone, unconnected bridge on the right in all the pics...what is it's role?
    That will be the exit ramp for N I235 to E 44.

Will be much less of a turn on the current off ramp.

I could be very wrong but I believe that's eventually going to be part of the ramp that is used to get from NB I-235 to EB I-44.

Got it! Looks good.

I believe what they will do is construct the new offramp along the approximate path of the arrows, then demolish the old bridge over the creek (circled) and then build the new, wider version that is aligned with the approach lanes from the south:

Thanks for the update pete, with working remotely it is nice to still see progress

Blog Entries

Maybe I missed it, but where is the south to east ramp?

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but where is the south to east ramp?
    They will build a new larger radius cloverleaf outside the old one

Thanks for updates Pete.

Its a massive project with so many “pods” of work going on.

And its amazing to drive in rush hour and maintain 45-50 all the way through!

Is there a good viewing area where we can view the progress of the intersection?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by I235+I44 View Post
    Is there a good viewing area where we can view the progress of the intersection?
    Thanks!
    No, there is really nowhere other than driving through or flying a drone.

It's such a massive area, no easy way to get close other than driving on the highways.

Thanks for the aerials. Was wondering how they actually laid down bridge platforms and concrete for the overpasses.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It's such a massive area, no easy way to get close other than driving on the highways.
    Actually there is one pretty good spot. Try the south parking lot at the Paragon building (59th and Robinson). Sits up pretty well and you can see a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Thank you, Pete. I just wish the time slows down to 0.01x when I'm driving through every day. But, we are glad to be able to view your drone pictures.

I wonder what goes through minds of the powers in the state that be and OkDOT officials when they drive through the infrastructure 3 hours south. I live in Los Angeles with some incredible freeways and driving on the 635 I was blown away by it with the new reconstruction. Obviously nowhere in OKC warrants that, but every freeway in SoCal should be 28 lanes minimum with this setup and ROW should be preserved in OKC so these projects can happen in the future.

This will be a beautiful interchange regardless and I am impressed by it every time I drive through it. I am also very wowed by the new I-40 crosstown. Hopefully OKDOT keeps pushing the bar. I know our state is limited by lack of funding. I pray and hope the 2 trillion dollar infrastructure investment stimulus happens. Anyone here thinks it has a chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Actually there is one pretty good spot. Try the south parking lot at the Paragon building (59th and Robinson). Sits up pretty well and you can see a lot.
    Thank you for the suggestion, Rover. Our office used to be at the Paragon building until a few years ago. I thought about that once, but I'm worried about security showing up next to my car.

Not a chance. There’s no money for it. Not to mention. It would be a huge win for democrats. The two trillion for Infrastructure went into rich folks pockets with the tax scam.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I wonder what goes through minds of the powers in the state that be and OkDOT officials when they drive through the infrastructure 3 hours south. I live in Los Angeles with some incredible freeways and driving on the 635 I was blown away by it with the new reconstruction. Obviously nowhere in OKC warrants that, but every freeway in SoCal should be 28 lanes minimum with this setup and ROW should be preserved in OKC so these projects can happen in the future.

This will be a beautiful interchange regardless and I am impressed by it every time I drive through it. I am also very wowed by the new I-40 crosstown. Hopefully OKDOT keeps pushing the bar. I know our state is limited by lack of funding. I pray and hope the 2 trillion dollar infrastructure investment stimulus happens. Anyone here thinks it has a chance?
    If it does, OK would get the short end of the stick. We here always seem to get minimal federal money. It sucks, and I am not sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    If it does, OK would get the short end of the stick. We here always seem to get minimal federal money. It sucks, and I am not sure why.
    Not sure what you mean by minimal, but it looks like OK gets a reasonable amount of money according to this:

https://www.transit.dot.gov/funding/...998-2020-excel

Also, according to this, we get 61% of our transportation budget from the feds:

http://t4america.org/maps-tools/fisc...eport/table-1/

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Not sure what you mean by minimal, but it looks like OK gets a reasonable amount of money according to this:

https://www.transit.dot.gov/funding/...998-2020-excel

Also, according to this, we get 61% of our transportation budget from the feds:

http://t4america.org/maps-tools/fisc...eport/table-1/
    Given OKs immaculate highway system and roads, I do not think we get much from them. Either that, or our officials would manage to screw up whatever was given to us anyway.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I235+I44 View Post
    Thank you for the suggestion, Rover. Our office used to be at the Paragon building until a few years ago. I thought about that once, but I'm worried about security showing up next to my car.
    I live close so I swing by there about once a week to see progress. I've never been approached by security and I doubt that right now they want to go out and approach anyone. If I were pulling up close to the building itself and stay there a long time, maybe... but even then I doubt it.

Thread Information