Widgets Magazine
Page 72 of 93 FirstFirst ... 226768697071727374757677 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 2314

Thread: I-235 / I-44 Interchange

1. Default Re: I-235 / I-44 Interchange

Quote Originally Posted by Of Sound Mind View Post
    Why would you be driving at night without lights on?

In all seriousness, it can be quite treacherous driving through that zone with wet pavements.
    I had my lights on but still couldn't see because the state didn't have theirs on. ...

^ the above is what I'm referring to, esp at night with no overhead lighting or lane warning signs. ..
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Default Re: I-235 / I-44 Interchange

There are some new light towers going up with this project, but who knows how long they remain operational after the project is completed. Hopefully, they are not using copper.

Some details of the lane shifts, etc in the coming weeks.

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...on/7199525002/

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post

So I guess no 63rd street closure?

Lisa Salim, spokeswoman with the Oklahoma Department of Transportation, said the NW 63 exit shift could occur as early as Thursday afternoon and remain in place for up to two weeks before shifting back to north of the junction.
    A more accurate description would be 63rd street off ramp traffic will be the first to use the new NB bridge to access the new ramp, and the rest of I-44 NB traffic will join it a couple weeks later. Its the same new ramp structure that's being used.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post

Talk about lazy reporting

Once the current phase is finished by Allen Contracting, the corridor will be eight lanes from Edmond to downtown Oklahoma City.
    The bridges over 23 and south to downtown aren’t 8 lanes. The road through the interchange isn’t 8 lanes. What metric is he using because it isn’t GP lanes.

6. Default Re: I-235 / I-44 Interchange

??

The article claims Broadway extension corridor after the interchange project is 8 lanes to DTOKC which is not true.

8. Default Re: I-235 / I-44 Interchange

no I know Plu, I was ?? the thinking at the D-Oh'k.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    The article claims Broadway extension corridor after the interchange project is 8 lanes to DTOKC which is not true.
    It looks like in that paragraph they were intending to only reference Broadway Extension specifically about being eight lanes, referring to i235 as a separate road which technically there is no overlap between the two designations, Broadway Extension will be eight lanes it's entire length after this is done, since that only runs between this intersection and the first stoplight of Broadway in Edmond. So while it could be stated heads 'to' downtown OKC, it still does not go all the way there, and that naturally reads more the way you took it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    It looks like in that paragraph they were intending to only reference Broadway Extension specifically about being eight lanes, referring to i235 as a separate road which technically there is no overlap between the two designations, Broadway Extension will be eight lanes it's entire length after this is done, since that only runs between this intersection and the first stoplight of Broadway in Edmond. So while it could be stated heads 'to' downtown OKC, it still does not go all the way there, and that naturally reads more the way you took it.
    Nice try! But, it isn't 4 lanes until the first stoplight of Broadway in Edmond. It is only 4 lanes from 63rd to Hefner.

They have not switched the 63rd off-ramp as of yesterday, but here is the path it will take; the exit will be a mile to the south, right under 50th and where motorists also exit N 235 to E 44.

Blog Entries

Post Re: I-235 / I-44 Interchange

Traffic changes ahead at OKC's I-44 and I-235 junction

The Oklahoma Department of Transportation said new lane and exit changes could begin as soon as this week at the I-235 and I-44 junction.

Video Link: https://www.oklahoman.com/videos/new...on/7226788002/

As of yesterday, they still haven't switched to the new NB 235 to 63rd Street exit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    As of yesterday, they still haven't switched to the new NB 235 to 63rd Street exit.
    I could be wrong but it looked as if they made the switch today.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    it was switched as of yesterday if not a little before

The point where we exit the I-235, is switched when they mentioned in the article that it would be switched (end of April). However, it still wasn't switched to the new ramp and it still comes back and uses the old off-ramp to 63rd. So, in other words, half is switched, the other half isn't yet.

I was wondering about that, my route is using the new flyover and I haven't seen a difference yet in how the 63rd exit works.

They have to remove that temp off-ramp to 63rd in order to complete the northbound lanes.

And they can't switch traffic to the northbound side until that is done and then they can rework the southbound bridges.

Those are the biggest chunks of work left and standing in the way of completion this fall.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	giphy-1-1.gif 
Views:	42 
Size:	2.19 MB 
ID:	16846

Now that they've done the saw cutting, I would foresee the changeover happening this week (rain dependent).

I'd complain about the signage at this exchange, but it's only temporary and honestly, if you're driving through this area and you don't pad your schedule by 10 minutes due to traffic, you've accepted that risk.

24. Default Re: I-235 / I-44 Interchange

I'll be honest. I look at the pictures and don't really see the end product. How close are we do you think?

It's all supposed to be finished by this fall.

Once they shift both north- and south-bound traffic to what will be the northbound lanes, they can then rework the south-bound bridge and pretty much be done.

Thread Information