Widgets Magazine
Page 53 of 93 FirstFirst ... 34849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 2314

Thread: I-235 / I-44 Interchange

Default Re: I-235 / I-44 Interchange

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    I dare you to take a drink every time they say 'routine".
    don't tell him that... he will get Alcohol Poisoning

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    I dare you to take a drink every time they say 'routine".
    Why do you think I have a hangover this morning lol

Took these about 10AM Sunday:

Thanks Pete! Fascinating!

Great pics Pete thanks!

Wish they coulda hung the north to west bridge too my guess that will be next pretty soon. Once they get those flyovers open it will be less cars going over the main bridges (235/44), which will help congestion. Currently cars entering/exiting that clover circle are what messes ip rush hour. We basically have little over 1 year left! Can’t wait.

Then to help pay for it the cops will be out in full force since traffic will unimpeded from Edmond to downtown and thats a lot of speeders lol. As is they catch em from turnpike down to 63rd then 50th to I40.

This is my favorite project to watch right now.

I love that Pete loves taking photos of the progress.

Good thing the weather was good. Looks like once they get the crane down and finish the NB to EB ramp, they can move NB traffic onto the new bridge over the Deep Fork.

HangryHippo Guest

Why do these flyovers swing out so far? Seems like these take up much more land than the flyovers in Texas - or is that just the photo?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Why do these flyovers swing out so far? Seems like these take up much more land than the flyovers in Texas - or is that just the photo?
    They are built cheaper than the ones in Texas. OkDOT building them on berms as much as possible to save money and IMO cheap out. I like the Texas stacks better.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    They are built cheaper than the ones in Texas. OkDOT building them on berms as much as possible to save money and IMO cheap out. I like the Texas stacks better.
    Mainly because Texas gets way more federal dollars than OK ever could. Like, ever.

If you mean the closest one, non of the main road lanes have been built, so between travel and breakdown lanes there will be 8-10 more lanes built in that area.

The unusual priority given to nearby entrances/exits at Lincoln & 63rd are factors on the design as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
    Mainly because Texas gets way more federal dollars than OK ever could. Like, ever.
    OK is also a quarter of the land mass AND population of Texas.

Texas can build a 100 of those stacks and Oklahoma can’t even build one.

To me it looks like a reasonable degree of turn lol

it is just the photo they don't take up more land than the texas ones

OK is also a quarter of the land mass AND population of Texas.

Texas can build a 100 of those stacks and Oklahoma can’t even build one.
    Again, because they get more money. I don't even think it is proportional, either. I think they get infinitely more money from the Fed than OK does.

Quote Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
    Again, because they get more money. I don't even think it is proportional, either. I think they get infinitely more money from the Fed than OK does.
    Surely it has something to do with Oklahoma being one of the lowest taxed states as well as federal funding goes.

20. Default Re: I-235 / I-44 Interchange

Surely it has something to do with Oklahoma being one of the lowest taxed states as well as federal funding goes.
    Its all of the above but also, the state authorized the TX dept. Of Transportation to issue something like $6 billion of bonds for freeway construction. On top of that, the state has several regional toll road authorities which have resulted in the construction of around 25 toll roads.

The Texas Legislature has imposed a moratorium on any further toll road construction.

21. Default Re: I-235 / I-44 Interchange

TxDOT probably hires better staff, too. Some of ODOT's quality control leaves a lot to be desired, even on things where doing it right costs nothing (things like proper spacing and centering on signs, for instance).

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Beams were going up this morning on the south-most part of the NB to WB flyover, the bottom left in this picture.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scott5114 View Post
    TxDOT probably hires better staff, too. Some of ODOT's quality control leaves a lot to be desired, even on things where doing it right costs nothing (things like proper spacing and centering on signs, for instance).
    So it's not just me? Hooray! lol I find their lack of attention to detail frustrating as hell. And who decides on the spacing between signs and other visual barriers (light poles, other signs, bridges)? ODOT is a sham of an organization.

There was a death here early Saturday morning. I wonder if poor visibility in the construction zone contributed (no lights).

https://www.news9.com/clip/15011133/...orth-okc-creek

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    There was a death here early Saturday morning. I wonder if poor visibility in the construction zone contributed (no lights).

https://www.news9.com/clip/15011133/...orth-okc-creek
    Do you know where the car went off and ended up? They have concrete barriers lining the project I am trying to figure out where it got away from road. The car ended upside down in 2 feet of water and she drowned. It might be at the entrance to the work zone?

Thread Information