Page 62 of 93 FirstFirst ... 125758596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 2314

Thread: I-235 / I-44 Interchange

Default Re: I-235 / I-44 Interchange

About a year to go?

Looks like the north to west bound flyover is pretty close to being done. Any idea when it will open?

They are going to have to open both those flyovers before they can complete the northbound lanes on I-235, as that stretch will go through the existing cloverleafs for both those transitions.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Looks like the north to west bound flyover is pretty close to being done. Any idea when it will open?
    I would imagine they need both flyovers done. The NB to WB cloverleaf offers an alternative to drivers coming from the EB to NB clover in case they don't have time to merge.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    I would imagine they need both flyovers done. The NB to WB cloverleaf offers an alternative to drivers coming from the EB to NB clover in case they don't have time to merge.
    i would think they would open the N-W fly over and close that clover leaf ASAP then at a later time close the W-N clover leaf

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    The NB to WB is a major cause of jamming the other cloverleaf, reducing conflicting traffic should help merging from EB to NB. Also this would leave way more room to merge than they have at other times, which clearly would cause jams. Plus if they felt they had to have an option to route people who might have issues merging, it would not be hard to route them to the stoplight at 63rd, where they could just continue on though, verses go a direction they did not intent, so plausibly might get more people willing to take that option, plus reducing how many lanes they need to cross.

You guys are probably right. 63rd is supposed to close down for a month here soon. This may happen at the same time as the NB to WB switchover so that they can build out the connections north of the new bridge. This removes a lot of traffic from the equation once this switch over takes place.

From OkDOT social media:
    "Thank you Governor Kevin Stitt for coming to view the progress at the I-235 and I-44 interchange in Oklahoma City as the new northbound to westbound flyover ramp nears completion, potentially opening later this week if weather permits."

I was wondering if it would be soon. On the drive in to work yesterday I saw a couple construction trucks driving the full length of it.

Once they move NB-235 to WB-44 traffic to the flyover, they can continue on the NB-235 section that will go over the creek and tie it into the bridge over I-44.

From there, they will then have to open the EB-44 to NB-235 flyover so they can finish that final section (north of I-44) of NB-235.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Once they move NB-235 to WB-44 traffic to the flyover, they can continue on the NB-235 section that will go over the creek and tie it into the bridge over I-44.

From there, they will then have to open the EB-44 to NB-235 flyover so they can finish that final section (north of I-44) of NB-235.
    i think you have the 2 sections reversed the N-235 to WB44 flyover will let them finish the section of the new NB 235 bridge (north of I44)

The signs for the new N-235 to WB44 flyover ramp were being installed this morning. The lines are painted on the ramp so I would not be surprised if the ramp opens later today.

Quote Originally Posted by vaflyer View Post
    The signs for the new N-235 to WB44 flyover ramp were being installed this morning. The lines are painted on the ramp so I would not be surprised if the ramp opens later today.

https://www.ok.gov/triton/modules/ne...ticle_id=61923

"The afternoon and evening commute will be different today for I-235/I-44 interchange motorists, impacting the way drivers on northbound I-235/US-77 will access westbound I-44. Crews completed final striping at noon today and opened the new flyover ramp to traffic."

Quote Originally Posted by riflesforwatie View Post
    https://www.ok.gov/triton/modules/ne...ticle_id=61923

"The afternoon and evening commute will be different today for I-235/I-44 interchange motorists, impacting the way drivers on northbound I-235/US-77 will access westbound I-44. Crews completed final striping at noon today and opened the new flyover ramp to traffic."
    Just travelled on it tonight and it was an exciting feeling, although I got the feeling to be cautious when driving, thinking about what if the ramp is unfinished.
    The merge area is really harsh, especially at night. Well, glad that the one ramp is completed.

Quote Originally Posted by I235+I44 View Post
    Just travelled on it tonight and it was an exciting feeling, although I got the feeling to be cautious when driving, thinking about what if the ramp is unfinished.
    The merge area is really harsh, especially at night. Well, glad that the one ramp is completed.
    From the way people seem to drive in that area, I am sure plenty will come to a full stop and wait for no one to be visible on the other ramp before proceeding.

Drove the new flyover today on my way back home from downtown, it is such an improvement. Merge area is bad, but that will change time.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Even Amarillo is planned to have multiple five stacks. It’s simply about money and an underfunded infrastructure Oklahoma sadly sees.
    Do not confuse future planning with actual or near term construction. Those stack interchanges in Amarillo aren’t being built for many many many years.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Do not confuse future planning with actual or near term construction. Those stack interchanges in Amarillo aren’t being built for many many many years.
    At least TxDOT is planning for them. Volleyball interchanges built in the interim. Probably will get built before a single full stack interchange is built anywhere in Oklahoma unless OkDOT gets more funding. Bottom line is Oklahoma thinks small and budgets small. Talk about a tax raise to get nicer things for the state like Texas and you’re met with why it can’t be done or anti tax mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    At least TxDOT is planning for them. Volleyball interchanges built in the interim. Probably will get built before a single full stack interchange is built anywhere in Oklahoma unless OkDOT gets more funding. Bottom line is Oklahoma thinks small and budgets small. Talk about a tax raise to get nicer things for the state like Texas and you’re met with why it can’t be done or anti tax mentality.
    Speaking of five stack interchanges. The newest one in San Antonio opened last month on the far north side near Stone Oak.

That SA stack is impressive. That is major infrastructure investment right there. Hopefully one day we will see more of these in OKC and Tulsa.

From this morning:

Now, they can demolish that old cloverleaf and pretty much finish everything north of I-44.

Then they can open the westbound 44 to northbound 235 flyover, demo the existing cloverleaf and then finish south of 44.

Seems that westbound 44 to northbound 235 flyover has quite a lot still to be completed.

Thread Information