Widgets Magazine
Page 61 of 89 FirstFirst ... 115657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 2314

Thread: I-235 / I-44 Interchange

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Post Re: I-235 / I-44 Interchange

ODOT needs to look a our two largest Metro Areas (OKC-TUL); the major interchanges should be built to accommodate future growth.

I-235 Kellogg to Central & I-235 Kellogg Red Project, Wichita, KS (K-DOT)

Default Re: I-235 / I-44 Interchange

^^^Josh, just curious, what is SAs highest ADT count freeway? I think OKC’s is I-44 by the fairground pushing 230k cars a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    ^^^Josh, just curious, what is SAs highest ADT count freeway? I think OKC’s is I-44 by the fairground pushing 230k cars a day.
    OKC's largest AADT is 167,200 on I-44 just south of Lake Hefner Pkwy/Hwy 74.
    https://www.odot.org/maps/aadt/2018/...MetroAreas.pdf

4. Default Re: I-235 / I-44 Interchange

Quote Originally Posted by Lazio85 View Post
    wow, OKC crushes Tulsa's numbers. i wonder why the map has Tulsa much larger illustrated when the numbers are much smaller; almost half, of OKC's in most spots.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Highest count is 300,000 on Loop 410 at Blanco Road in north central San Antonio. The entire northern arc of 410 averages over 250,000 cars.

If you want to know more, there’s an entire website dedicated to San Antonio freeways.

^^^Josh, just curious, what is SAs highest ADT count freeway? I think OKCÂ’s is I-44 by the fairground pushing 230k cars a day.
    According to the link lazio85 posted, that area of 44 only has a count of about 150,000. I wonder why the large difference between your number and his.

Oh wow I was way off. Thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Highest count is 300,000 on Loop 410 at Blanco Road in north central San Antonio. The entire northern arc of 410 averages over 250,000 cars.

If you want to know more, there’s an entire website dedicated to San Antonio freeways.
    Nice! I figured SA had to have some near or over 300k per day.

According to the link lazio85 posted, that area of 44 only has a count of about 150,000. I wonder why the large difference between your number and his.
    Im not sure. I swear I saw somewhere the stretch of I-44 by the fairgrounds had over 200k per day or maybe I read that was a projection in the future.

Oh wow I was way off. Thanks for the information.

Nice! I figured SA had to have some near or over 300k per day.

Im not sure. I swear I saw somewhere the stretch of I-44 by the fairgrounds had over 200k per day or maybe I read that was a projection in the future.
    Two of those 410 stretches are definitely over 300,000 by now. The Blanco and McCullough stretches.

I referenced ODOT's 2018 number from the link I provided.

I referenced ODOT's 2018 number from the link I provided.
    Yes I know. I was questioning the large difference between both numbers. It just seems like Platonic misheard or misremembered.

I couldn't point at the final solution in the plans, but there's pretty much no way it isn't a temporary, mid-construction solution that will be different once everything is finished.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rte66man View Post
    True. Lack of funding is why the Santa Fe flyover was eliminated. That will be missed whent here is a wreck at this interchange.
    Is there a rendering of the Santa Fe flyover?

I'm slightly confused by it being called a flyover so this might be something else, but early plans had a Santa Fe bridge. I've attached a rendering of the design with it I have saved from years back.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	l5transbrdg-i44i235-big.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	16455  

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I'm slightly confused by it being called a flyover so this might be something else, but early plans had a Santa Fe bridge. I've attached a rendering of the design with it I have saved from years back.
    That is what I was referring to. A great relief route for the times traffic is snarled on 235/77.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Thanks, David. I didn't realize that bridge had been cut.

I didn't realize the I-235/I-44 interchange is also located in Seattle and San Antonio.

Quote Originally Posted by Of Sound Mind View Post
    I didn't realize the I-235/I-44 interchange is also located in Seattle and San Antonio.
    Thanks for bringing it up. I was wondering the same too.

Plus 1 here.

Are we sure that Santa Fe bridge has been deleted?

I've been watching this big embankment, not understanding the purpose:

It looks like it is just where they had the dump trucks drop off soil that will be used later around the rest of the project

Here is a closer look:

Well, you have to put the dirt somewhere. You could either spend a lot more money to haul it off somewhere or you could put it in a spot where you could maybe someday actually build a new bridge/road extension if you get the funding or when growth demands it.

It seems the dirt is formed up too nicely just to be a dumping area for extra soil.

Quote Originally Posted by 5alive View Post
    It seems the dirt is formed up too nicely just to be a dumping area for extra soil.
    I was thinking that too - way too structured/groomed and looks exactly like a base for a future ramp.

Quote Originally Posted by 5alive View Post
    I'm sure the contract did call for the dirt to be formed up in that area. Whether or not they actually do something with it is another question. There is nothing on the eight year plan that I recall that mentions a Santa Fe bridge at this point in time.

Thread Information