Widgets Magazine
Page 60 of 93 FirstFirst ... 105556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2314

Thread: I-235 / I-44 Interchange

1. Default Re: I-235 / I-44 Interchange

Are there any renderings or schematics someone could point me to? ODOT's website is not the easiest to navigate.

Default Re: I-235 / I-44 Interchange

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    Are there any renderings or schematics someone could point me to? ODOT's website is not the easiest to navigate.
    https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.p...331#post387331

3. Default Re: I-235 / I-44 Interchange

^Appreciate it!

I remember at the beginning of this project, they said there would be five weekend closings. We’ve already had two. What would the next three be for? I expect the demo of the original N/S bridge over 44, but couldn’t figure out what else.

6. Default Re: I-235 / I-44 Interchange

install of new N bound I-235 span
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Looks like they transitioned over to the new north to eastbound off ramp.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Looks like they transitioned over to the new north to eastbound off ramp.
    yes they have and they already started demoing the north bound bridge

Thanks as always pete for the updates. cant wait to see it in person. i love stuff like this.

It is interesting that eastbound 44 to northbound 235 seems to have priority in resource allocation, since one end it gets connected to still has a lot of work before it will be done, where the other flyover already has both ends it connects to completed

Great shots Pete. Next time you are out there, can you grab a shot of the new northbound 50th St exit ramp back to Santa Fe? Curious as to how they are handling access to the businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

That second shot really shows how not acquiring the office building on the northwest really screws up the interchange.

Quote Originally Posted by rte66man View Post
    That second shot really shows how not acquiring the office building on the northwest really screws up the interchange.
    in what way??

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    in what way??
    The only way I can think of is in the future it's going to be nearly impossible to create a southbound to east bound fly over because of it.

As far as the current project, I don't see how the office building impedes traffic at all.

Its nice how 63rd is getting dedicated ramps to/from I-44 so you don't have to deal with I-235.

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    The only way I can think of is in the future it's going to be nearly impossible to create a southbound to east bound fly over because of it.

As far as the current project, I don't see how the office building impedes traffic at all.
    there will never be a reason for a south to east flyover

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    there will never be a reason for a south to east flyover
    Safety and standards are two reasons. TxDOT builds flyover galore whereas many other states would side with you and say “there’s no reason to build a flyover for this ramp.” This entire interchange should be entirely direct connects as should every other urban interchange.

Even Amarillo is planned to have multiple five stacks. It’s simply about money and an underfunded infrastructure Oklahoma sadly sees. I

Another reason this office building should have been demoed would be to straighten the freeway where it is curved but it isn’t that big of an issue since it would still curve further north. Judging by interchanges built in Texas, japan, and China, there is a way to build all direct connects here it just wouldn’t be cheap. The engineering exists.

Drove through this two times day. Amazing progress since the last time I saw it. There was a convoy of trucks delivering bridge spans for I assume the northbound i-235 bridge.

21. Default Re: I-235 / I-44 Interchange

i too can't see a reason for a I-235 S to I-44 E flyover, the demand just isnt ever gonna justify it.

But I can see a reason for I-44 W to I-235 S flyover to Downtown Oklahoma City. This should have been included IMO in the original plan as although I-35 S is signed with downtown OKC directions at I-44, the most direct route (and should be the main route) is actually I-235 S, so this provides an alternative. Consider rush hours as the NE quarter continues to grow and the events that create crush crowds, this flyover is an opportunity missed that should (and would have) been fulfilled in other major cities.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    But I can see a reason for I-44 W to I-235 S flyover to Downtown Oklahoma City. This should have been included IMO in the original plan as although I-35 S is signed with downtown OKC directions at I-44, the most direct route (and should be the main route) is actually I-235 S, so this provides an alternative. Consider rush hours as the NE quarter continues to grow and the events that create crush crowds, this flyover is an opportunity missed that should (and would have) been fulfilled in other major cities.
    Yep, that's the one I'm surprised they didn't include.

i too can't see a reason for a I-235 S to I-44 E flyover, the demand just isnt ever gonna justify it.
    Have you ever been through there during AM rush hour? That is THE way for Edmond traffic to get to Lincoln and the State offices. The demand and justification are there today.

After being a part of the area all my life I find it hard to say one bridge is more justified than the other. You build out the highway regardless of what the demand is, make it look complete and practical, because the demand may not currently be there but it could increase over time.

There needs to be at least 1 flyover between south>east & west>south because the 2 cloverleafs sharing 1 merge lane is gonna cause a bottleneck issue heading south. I think they should have built both as flyovers, especially since we have no idea what the city will look like 20/30 years from now. The demand CURRENTLY would justify, let alone the future.

Thread Information