Widgets Magazine
Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6515253545556
Results 1,376 to 1,383 of 1383

Default Re: I-235 / I-44 Interchange

People that wait until the last minute to merge are assholes.

It may be the most efficient way, but it is still an asshole thing to do.

I say this, as being one of those assholes.

2. Default Re: I-235 / I-44 Interchange

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    People that wait until the last minute to merge are assholes.

It may be the most efficient way, but it is still an asshole thing to do.

I say this, as being one of those assholes.
    Guilty as charged!

As long as it remains legal to do so, I will continue to be an "undefeated" zipper merger.

Quote Originally Posted by Of Sound Mind View Post
    A close look at this rendering would suggest that there will be three full thru lanes.
    It merges back to two. There is only 4 lanes past the junction, and each direction of i44 traffic will get a dedicated lane, it may be so the junction can handle later expansion of the roads past it

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    Wow, quite a feisty group here they are digging deep on the interwebs to argue a small point lol.

1. The backups happen for about 4 hours per day (2 each morning/afternoon).

2. In the other 20 hours the merging at end works exactly fine because no traffic is backed up.

3. The arguments do not hold water because the thru lanes are never fully backed up for miles. This means there is ample time to merge over beforehand.

4. Those who cannot wait in line an extra minute of their life put many others at risk by speeding (breaking the law) by traffic that is going between stopped to 20)

5. Those having to jump the line are selfish in trying to cut in line.

6. It works perfectly in the southbound merging area south of Hefner because traffic is flowing at speed.

7. I love being undefeated and the road ragers have to get in somewhere behind me - because I am legally entitled to my lane and if they hit me they are at blame for improper lane change.

8. Still undefeated and not selfish as I waited my turn in line

9. Those who are always speeding in the merge lane are the same ones who would outjump a kid trying to catch a homerun baseball and thump their chests at beating a kid to it.

10. When you cause a wreck by speeding and someone is killed or hurt, I hope you finally realize that 1 minute you tried to save wasn’t worth it

To recap, in normal traffic (non rush) it works fine. Its only the 2 hours from 4-6 that has some thinking they are better than others and warrant special treatment by butting in line. I will still be undefeated while you road rage and pay tickets. I just hope you don’t crash into someone who is hitting their brakes hard causing the car behind to move left and you coming at 60-70 hit them from behind moving 0-10. Yes, I have seen some close calls like where an accident was narrowly averted all because someone can’t wait 1 extra minute and speeds in the merge lane.

Signed: Undefeated and staying that way. (Note: I love how you focus on the word undefeated vice the actual safety hazards you are creating lol)
    Remember to go out and vote, people.

5. Default Re: I-235 / I-44 Interchange

Quote Originally Posted by Of Sound Mind View Post
    Guilty as charged!

As long as it remains legal to do so, I will continue to be an "undefeated" zipper merger.
    ::shakes fist at you:: Sometimes I ride both lanes to make your all's lives harder

6. Default Re: I-235 / I-44 Interchange

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    ::shakes fist at you:: Sometimes I ride both lanes to make your all's lives harder
    Seen that several times as well... and I typically drive around those "undefeated" as well.

Shouts to everyone in the last 2-3 pages of this thread for reminding us why traffic jams and road rage occur.

8. Default Re: I-235 / I-44 Interchange

What exactly do you get for winning at Interstate 235? Do you get a golden traffic cone to put on your mantle? Do the toll booths start to pay you instead? Dying to know.

Thread Information