Widgets Magazine

Thread: The Mont - Closing?!

Default The Mont - Closing?!

It's all rumors and speculation at this point, but a damn shame if true. If I remember correctly, we had someone associated with those new condos posting on in the Norman/OKCTALK forum. Hopefully he/she can offer some insight into this?

Warning: some of the language on this OU fan message board might be NSFW. It's an uncensored forum.

http://www.landthieves.com/forums/vi...hp?f=12&t=2345

Heard this tonight. The group that is putting in apartments across the street by the tracks bought the property earlier this year and will be putting in more apartments.

Someone please tell me this is a horrid nightmare.

Default Re: The Mont - Closing?!

My wife will be devastated. I am not sure I have the nerve to break this news to her. Here are the four things I dread ever having to tell me wife, and in this order.

1. Mother died
    2. Child died
    3. The Mont closing
    4. I'm dying.

One of the owners, Dick Talley died a few years back. He was a really good guy.

Just a rumor, folks. I called the restaurant this morning and the staff there said the place isn't closing. I think maybe people are getting the Mont mixed up with the Old O'Connell's on Lindsey, which is closing soon.

The Mont has not been sold nor is it closing. All of these rumors are false.

Mont is alive and well, for those who enjoy it.

O'Connell's on Lindsey has had several will be gone dates in recent years, ever since OU bought up the corner area which includes them a while back.

My understanding as of this morning, is that O'Connell's on Lindsey now has a final, this is actually it, His Omnipotence King D has spoken and all necessary jesters have tipped their tops, and sadly, at least to this writer, O'Connell's on Lindsey has a final date of January 22, 2011.

I will be an unhappy fat man come January 23.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Mont is alive and well, for those who enjoy it.

O'Connell's on Lindsey has had several will be gone dates in recent years, ever since OU bought up the corner area which includes them a while back.

My understanding as of this morning, is that O'Connell's on Lindsey now has a final, this is actually it, His Omnipotence King D has spoken and all necessary jesters have tipped their tops, and sadly, at least to this writer, O'Connell's on Lindsey has a final date of January 22, 2011.

I will be an unhappy fat man come January 23.

Kevin, do remember when O'Connell's had a back entrance as well as a front one?

O'Connell's is the one that's closing. Not The Mont. I'm actually really sad about the first O'Connell's officially being replaced by the new one. We knew it would happen, but I just prefer the vibe in the old one. It's funny because I was in a frat for a while myself, I just don't like to confine myself to that crowd.. I'm sure the O'Connell's crowd will move on to somewhere else though.

The O'connells location on campus corner was a plasma center about 10 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by blangtang View Post
    I saw the new O'Connells when we were up for the Tech game. I believe it was The Jockey Strap Saloon before that back when I was in school there....before the beer law changed to 21.

My wife and I used to frequent O'Connells and play trivia. Those were the days. We went there the first night we met. That was almost 19 years ago.

The Mont is not closing trust me, the place is minting money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Kevin, do remember when O'Connell's had a back entrance as well as a front one?
    Can't recall ever entering the place from the south side or the west side. In fairness to the place, there's lots I don't recall about lots of things during the 80's, not just O'Connell's entryways.

I sometimes (greatly) enjoyed myself instead of always being a dedicated student. Fortunately, everyone and their dawg dinna have cell cameras back then

I remember when they (o'Connell's) had the Excuse Booth. This was before cell phones and their pay phone booth would play one of 99 background noises so you could make your call. They had everything from traffic, to hospitals, to an airport. If you were supposed to be at the airport you could make your call and a speaker in the booth would announce arriving and departing flights and page people to pick up a white courtesy telephone.

Quote Originally Posted by blangtang View Post
    Cool avatar after I nearly had a heart attack that there was a bug running around loose.

16. Default Re: The Mont - Closing?!

The Subway at that corner will be going as well, there's a sign on the door stating it will be closing Jan 1st due to OU apartments construction for student athletes (something like that anyway).

Thread Information