Widgets Magazine

Thread: Sooner Mall

Default Sooner Mall

We never talk about this place much, anyone know if they will ever fill the void of the old Stein Mart with a real retailer?

Default Re: Sooner Mall

Wasn't that a Service Merchandise or Garfield's at one time?

'

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerman View Post
    Wasn't that a Service Merchandise or Garfield's at one time?'
    If memory serves correctly , Service Merchandise was located where Old Navy is today. I think Steinmart's predecessor was a smaller JC Penney before it moved to the west end, but I may be all wet on that. I've never been much of a maller.

The Old Steinmart location is for the most part, vacant, during Hoildays, they have set up a couple of temporary stores (Halloween, Eskimo Joe's, etc')

5. Default Re: Sooner Mall

While the space is a little large and the mall doesn't have the right number/types of stores, an H&M would probably do really well considering the demographics of Norman.

Glow in the dark miniature golf was there for a short while, recently.

currently being divided into 3 spaces...supposedly all already leased.

I saw Abercrombie and Fitch is closing, there was a sign there yesterday and the place has been boarded.

Quote Originally Posted by OUman View Post
    I saw Abercrombie and Fitch is closing, there was a sign there yesterday and the place has been boarded.
    Read a recent article in he Dallas paer, they are closing a large number of stores.

I heard the Quail A&F is closing too.

I worked at the Norman mall for 3 years - it seems as if people from Norman mostly avoid the place. The weird thing I noticed is that actually sees alot of patronage from the exurbs to the south of Norman. Many people are from Blanchard, Paul's Valley, Purcell etc frequent the mall. Like most other malls, it seems to be dying a slow death. They want outrageous rent prices. Our store was 970 sq. feet and rent was around $6000/month. Our district included stores mostly in the Dallas area, and parts of Kansas. Our rent was by far the highest and we had the lowest number of customers in our district.

Who owns this mall?

We go there on occasion, specifically to Dillard's. Wish that particular store could be expanded or relocated.

Quote Originally Posted by jdcf View Post
    Who owns this mall?

We go there on occasion, specifically to Dillard's. Wish that particular store could be expanded or relocated.
    GGP owns Sooner Mall. They also own Quail Springs.

to bad the original vision for unp is pretty much chewed to bits, the south metro only has one real mall and thats sooner.. pretty sad

A&F closed on 1/15 and Radio Shack on 1/28...Sun and ski sports to open in late spring/summer

So, when is Hollister going to close? Where will all the local lemmings go to shop if this happens?? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jettmiester View Post
    So, when is Hollister going to close? Where will all the local lemmings go to shop if this happens?? lol
    American Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by phl1331 View Post
    A&F closed on 1/15 and Radio Shack on 1/28...Sun and ski sports to open in late spring/summer
    sun and ski sports is awesome. it will be a great addition to the mall and to the area. it should do very well.

Thread Information