Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lee's Sandwiches

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Classen Lee's Sandwiches

Hey, I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about Lee's sandwiches. I've been watching them build out this place north of 30th on Classen (east side) for the past year or more. They had a little sign on the marquee that said "coming in 2007, Lee's sandwiches," but I thought "there's no way that huge building will be a sandwich shop." Then, adding to my disbelief, they started expanding the already huge structure.

Anyway, a few weeks ago, they put up real signage on the building and sure enough, it's Lee's Sandwiches. I just don't understand how any sandwich shop can be that big. But the signs span the whole building. They speak of Euro-American specialties and ice cream and what not. It's still not open.

Anyone have insight into this. Is it a chain? Is it the world's largest sandwich shop?

Thanks,
    Tim
    EatAroundOKC.com

2. Default Re: Lee's Sandwiches: the biggest sandwich shop ever?

I've been watchin' too, but don't know nuttin! Anxious to find out, like you ...

3. Default Re: Lee's Sandwiches: the biggest sandwich shop ever?

Ok, I should be shot for posting this before doing a bit of research. I have now discovered that you can just type Lee's Sandwiches into Google and you'll find:

Lee Sandwiches

Check it out. It claims to be "The #1 Vietnamese & Euro-Asian Sandwiches Franchise in the world!"

Pretty impressive from the info on their website, including free Wifi, which I love of course. And what a selection of sandwiches. But, it's a chain and we've got such a great selection of local places right around there. I hope this doesn't hurt our locals!

4. Default Re: Lee's Sandwiches: the biggest sandwich shop ever?

Cool...I've never had a Vietnamese sandwich.

Default Re: Lee's Sandwiches: the biggest sandwich shop ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post

[ot] Maybe you should ask them after a few drinks?
    Sorry - the line was right there, begging to be said!

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    you have to try the milk bottle place @ 24th and Classen...great V Sandwiches.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck View Post
    you have to try the milk bottle place @ 24th and Classen...great V Sandwiches.

It's called Saigon Baguette I believe. They use their own ingredients except they get their bread from La Baguette. They take cash only, but a little hidden treasure of a place.

8. Default Re: Lee's Sandwiches: the biggest sandwich shop ever?

What exactly is a Vietnamese Sandwich?
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

9. Default Re: Lee's Sandwiches: the biggest sandwich shop ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Karried View Post
    What exactly is a Vietnamese Sandwich?
    Ask Lauri, she knows what I'm talking about.

/volley

i have been watching it too, can't wait to try it!!

11. Default Re: Lee's Sandwiches: the biggest sandwich shop ever?

Looks cool. According to the website, the OKC location is only one of a few restaurants outside of Cali. I guess that has to do with the vietnamese population here...pretty cool.

Yeah, if anything I see Lee's finally opening here as a good sign to our ever growing Asian community and an investment in the area. Now if that Sun-Moon Plaza will ever open up and we get the city to build the Asian Archway and streetscape as promised in a past bond issue, we will have a nice little asian district.

I kind of hate to see that place opening with Saigon, Neptunes (although I don't see them losing business because of Lees), the sandwich shop in the big grocery, etc...

By the way, Neptunes is UNBELIEVABLE. I don't know why I've never tried it before but I was very pleasantly surprised.

Wow! Lee's menu looks fabulous. And they're not too far from where I work. I can't wait to try them!

They are Vietnamese sandwiches but slightly influenced from the French colonial rule..hence the use of french baguette. Anyways, I love LEES!!!! They are cheap and deeee-lish. If you go, I highly recommend the FRENCH ICED COFFE (pronounced "caphe sua da"). It's cheap, refreshing, and addicting. Do not order the EURO sandwiches. That's like going to a chinese restaurant and ordering a corn dog and french fries. Just cuz it's on the menu doesn't mean you should order it.

If you like Lee's, try my aunt's bakery..it's more authentic and the real deal..."LANG'S BAKERY" It's nearby on Military Ave. They serve sandwiches, rice based, noodlebased dishes, pastries, cakes, etc.... It tastes better than Lee's.

What I like about Lee's is that it is like McDonalds of viet food minus the trans fats and other processed crap.

Lees= Viet fast food/McDonalds

Lang's = ma and pa style burger joint

If you go to Lees or Lang's, try the "BANH MI THIT NGOI(viet cold cuts)" and the "BANH MI THIT NUONG(charbroiled pork)"

banh mi = bread (french)

See you guys there! It'll be my new lunch and hangout place because I hate getting too much discount and free food from my aunt's bakery haha

16. Default Re: Lee's Sandwiches: the biggest sandwich shop ever?

you can get the same thing at subway!!! no need to drive all the way to viet ville-

dude, the carrots and veggies at your dime a dozen subway are not the same pickeled veggies as the viet kind! The bread is also quite different!

Forget viet sandwiches... WHOPPERS ARE BEING SOLD AT TASTY THAI RIGHT NOW!!! COME GET THEM WHILE THEY'RE HOT!

And Chili's Baby Back Ribs!

20. Default Re: Lee's Sandwiches: the biggest sandwich shop ever?

This place is looking really close to opening, but it looks like they are still in training. Sign on the door says they are still closed but doesn't say when they open. Anyone know anything?

Friend of a friend has been to some of the Lee's in CA and says they are excellent. But I don't know anything about an opening date.

I drove by after church Sunday afternoon, it appeared as if people were inside eating. They also had tons of ballons by the door. I'm wondering if it was a pre-opening training or something. I imagine they will be open by this next weekend from the looks of it.

Nope...they announced an official grand opening on the 28th of last month which they delayed...they said to return back on Monday (today) ...still no luck Their opening is delayed and they won't know when it will happen because they are waiting to get the place inspected by a fire marshal. I took their card to call next time so I won't make a wasted trip.

They are now open. If you guys plan on visiting I would highly recommend waiting a couple of days. It was very chaotic during our visit.

It wasn't that chaotic...I just came from there an hour ago. It was obviously not running as optimally as it should but the sandwiches and coffee beverages taste just like the ones in California and Texas. Their credit card machines aren't working yet so bring cash!

Thread Information