Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lee's Sandwiches

Default Re: Lee's Sandwiches on N. Classen

Has anyone ever looked at the Lee's sandwiches locations?

Locations = California, Las Vegas, Dallas, Houston, Korea, Vietnam, China, and Okc.

Sometimes people complain that Okc is last on getting chain restaurants and stores but this list Okc was one of the first.

Excellent place to eat unique sandwiches too, although I like the original Vietnamese sandwich store under the Braum's bottle on Classen. Saigon Baguette, http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/46/50133...-Oklahoma-City

2. Default Re: Lee's Sandwiches on N. Classen

I've never done the milk bottle store before but have heard good things. I may have to do it next time.

3. Default Re: Lee's Sandwiches on N. Classen

Lee's has a Groupon offering $10 of food for $5. Offer expires today..... http://www.groupon.com/r/uu1254809

4. Default Re: Lee's Sandwiches on N. Classen

Hi Brian, I agree with you about Lee's - great place!

About the search - it's awful. However, there is an excellent way to search OKCTalk. Just use Google with the site parameter. For example, look in the Google search box in the screenshot below and look at the results.

It's a far better way to search the site. I have a quicklink that goes to Google with the okctalk.com site parameter already typed in. I just add what I want to search.

5. Default Re: Lee's Sandwiches on N. Classen

EXCELLENT MikeOKC, kinda embarrassed I didn't think of that. I remember reading about that type of search on LifeHacker or similar blog.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOKC View Post
    About the search - it's awful. However, there is an excellent way to search OKCTalk. Just use Google with the site parameter.

<image deleted>

It's a far better way to search the site. I have a quicklink that goes to Google with the okctalk.com site parameter already typed in. I just add what I want to search.
    If you use Firefox and are more keyboard-inclined, you can make it a Firefox keyword search with the following steps (Mac users substitute Cmd for Ctrl):
    • Go to Bookmarks -> Organize Bookmarks (Ctrl + Shift + B). Select a folder from the list at left to create the bookmark in, then right-click and select "New Bookmark".
    • - In the "Name:" field, put whatever description makes sense to you ("OKC Talk site search" or something of the sort).
      - In the "Location:" field, put:
      Code:
      http://www.google.com/search?q=%s+site:okctalk.com
      - In the "Tags:" field, apply whatever tags make sense to you, or leave it blank (I tag all my keyword search bookmarks "keyword").
      - In the "Keyword" field, type whatever you want to use as your custom keyword to perform this search - I chose "okct".
      - Leave the "Description:" field blank, or put in whatever description makes you happy.
    • When you want to perform a search, you can do "ctrl +l" or click the Firefox location bar, then type in "<your keyword> <your search query>", or "okct lee's" for this thread's example using my chosen keyword.

Ate there last night. Had ham and cheese croissant, the wife had turkey on a baguette, and others with us had eggrolls and a vegetarian baguette and tapioca.

Ham& Cheese was average, but the croissant itself was amazing, as was the baguette. The fresh baked bread on site makes all the difference IMO. This is the 2nd or 3rd time I've been, but will probably be back more often now that they are taking debit cards (I rarely keep cash on me).

As an inner North resident, Lee's is a staple of life. It is very well managed, and CHEAP! The night time can be great there too, they often run awesome one night only dinner specials. On occasion they have a deal for a Vietnamese beef stew and a full length baguette for $5, it's an AWESOME deal.

Quote Originally Posted by okclee View Post
    Excellent place to eat unique sandwiches too, although I like the original Vietnamese sandwich store under the Braum's bottle on Classen. Saigon Baguette, http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/46/50133...-Oklahoma-City
    I will agree whole heartedly, if it is proper Banh Mi you want Saigon Baguette is the king of the neighborhood. Also, if you haven't eaten at Saigon Baguette, you have no idea how cheap a lunch can be. We're talking $2 here people.

Default Re: Lee's Sandwiches

They are adding a drive-thru.

Blog Entries

Oh boy. I wonder which street will feel the drive-thru overflow's wrath, Classen or 32nd?

In addition to their excellent iced coffee, Lee's has really good chicken wings and crab rangoons, if anyone hasn't tried them yet. The hot case is often out or low on one or both but they will cook them fresh on request.

Quote Originally Posted by okclee View Post
    Has anyone ever looked at the Lee's sandwiches locations?

Locations = California, Las Vegas, Dallas, Houston, Korea, Vietnam, China, and Okc.

Sometimes people complain that Okc is last on getting chain restaurants and stores but this list Okc was one of the first.

Wow! Vietnamese food in Korea is super, super competive and also way more expensive than in OKC. Good pho in greater Seoul is at least 50% more expsive than here.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    In addition to their excellent iced coffee, Lee's has really good chicken wings and crab rangoons, if anyone hasn't tried them yet. The hot case is often out or low on one or both but they will cook them fresh on request.
    I need to try them again. Tried Lee's when it first opened and they had shrimp spring rolls just wrapped in saran wrap on the counter for you to take. Not refrigerated and just sitting there at room temp which scared me off.

Lee's is good stuff.. and it's super cheap. One of my favorite lunch haunts.

Across the street there's another banh mi place, quoc bao bakery. If you're not in for the fusion bits at Lees. Cash only though.

Blog Entries

not exactly across the street, quite a bit south, just next to Classen Coffee

18. Default Re: Lee's Sandwiches

nice that OKC does have many options in the Asian District, including an asian chain in Lee's and I did note that on my last visit to the city.

Hope it success leads to more; and encourages more local restaurants of various Asian ethnicity/techniques.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    I need to try them again. Tried Lee's when it first opened and they had shrimp spring rolls just wrapped in saran wrap on the counter for you to take. Not refrigerated and just sitting there at room temp which scared me off.
    It’s bc refrigerating them will dry out the rice paper. Kind of ruins it.

Quote Originally Posted by soonermike81 View Post
    It’s bc refrigerating them will dry out the rice paper. Kind of ruins it.
    Maybe so but food poisoning from bad shrimp left out will ruin your day. Hopefully they rotate it but prefer mine to be freshly made, Cooked shrimp has a two hour shelf life at room temp.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Maybe so but food poisoning from bad shrimp left out will ruin your day. Hopefully they rotate it but prefer mine to be freshly made, Cooked shrimp has a two hour shelf life at room temp.
    I’m sure they have some sort of system in place to make a certain amount of product at specific times to avoid waste. But with that said, I doubt they’re trashing spring rolls that have been sitting out for two hours.

Having recently had Riviere, I decided to finally try the bahn mi at Lee's...

Had the #5 which is grilled pork; $6.

REALLY good and in fact I preferred it to what I had at Riviere. Less bread, more fillings and the meat was more flavorful.

I have to admit that I have never really understood Lee's; so many different items I've found it overwhelming. But I need to start trying other things but it's going to be hard to go in there and not get one of those sandwiches.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

REALLY good and in fact I preferred it to what I had at Riviere. Less bread, more fillings and the meat was more flavorful.

I have to admit that I have never really understood Lee's; so many different items I've found it overwhelming. But I need to start trying other things but it's going to be hard to go in there and not get one of those sandwiches.
    If they ever have durian ice cream, give that a try.

When I lived there I used to get the curry lunch special with a baguette for dipping. It is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

It's a great place. Really reasonable prices and they have tons of options. The 80s mall vibe is unique but I have yet to see the baguette factory in action.

Thread Information