Widgets Magazine

Thread: 809 Sports Grill

Northwest OKC 809 Sports Grill

Has anyone been to the 809 Sports Grill? Its on NW Expressway and May in one of the new hotels built there (NW corner). Just curious about some reviews of the place.

Default Re: 809 Sports Grill???

Yes, I went there one night with some friends to watch a Thunder game on their TVs. Nice layout. Very upscale. Think Cafe Nova. There's a private room off to the side (the double doors were open) where we watched the game on the big screen. They have the flat LED TVs (very primo). There's also a pool table in this room. And for all the complainers on this site about bars being full of smoke yadi, yadi, yada, this place is non smoking. Drinks were reasonably priced. I checked the food menu out but didn't eat anything (my cash flow was low on that night, lol). I didn't see anything on the menu below $7. I haven't been back but I'd enjoy going again.

I've been there several times. Great service, good layout, and several big screens. It is not really set up as a true sports bar though: the seating does not focus around the TVs. It is more of a bar/lounge.

I went there last saturday night and the bartenders there sucks! I was waiting on friends to get there and ask one of the girl bartender there for a drink. There was a drink in the servers well that I saw there before I sat down and she was trying to give it to me. I ask her to make a new one, but she kept trying to give it to me. She also said that she made it 10 minutes ago and it was fine. I ask her if she would give it to me for free, since it was there for a while and she said no and I would have to pay for it. She made me a new one, but she was very rude about it. The other girl bartender was very rude to me girlfriend and our other friends. My friends and I will not go in there if the two girl bartenders are in there. All I know is they work on saturday nights. Don't go in there if they are working.

The bartenders there on saturday nights are very rude. Place is nice, but will not go back there in saturday nights. There is a bleach blonde girl and a short girl they are very rude and did help much.

Will not go back. The two girl bartenders that work there on saturday nights are very rude and helpful at all.

I went there a couple of times and did not experience the two girls. I had a male waiter/bartender and he was great! The food and layout are also good, different type choices, I'd recommend at least trying it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Awright View Post
    I went there last saturday night and the bartenders there sucks! I was waiting on friends to get there and ask one of the girl bartender there for a drink. There was a drink in the servers well that I saw there before I sat down and she was trying to give it to me. I ask her to make a new one, but she kept trying to give it to me. She also said that she made it 10 minutes ago and it was fine. I ask her if she would give it to me for free, since it was there for a while and she said no and I would have to pay for it. She made me a new one, but she was very rude about it. The other girl bartender was very rude to me girlfriend and our other friends. My friends and I will not go in there if the two girl bartenders are in there. All I know is they work on saturday nights. Don't go in there if they are working.
    The bartenders there on saturday nights are very rude. Place is nice, but will not go back there in saturday nights. There is a bleach blonde girl and a short girl they are very rude and did help much.
    Will not go back. The two girl bartenders that work there on saturday nights are very rude and helpful at all.
    Let me help you on your 4th overall post in this thread:

Girl, bartenders, Saturday, Rude.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Let me help you on your 4th overall post in this thread:

Girl, bartenders, Saturday, Rude.
    Does that mean we shouldn't go there on Saturday night because the girl bartenders are rude? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Does that mean we shouldn't go there on Saturday night because the girl bartenders are rude? LOL
    If nothing else, probably means ya ought not to go on a Sat. night with Awright.

I've heard the girl bartenders can be quite rude on a Saturday Night.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage34 View Post
    I've heard the girl bartenders can be quite rude on a Saturday Night.
    Does that mean that Friday night is OK?

I'm closing this thread. These comments frm brand new posters sound more like personal conflicts than honest reports/reviews.

Thread Information