Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 15 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave & Buster's coming to OKC

Default Dave and Busters

I seen a commercial the other day advertising a Dave and Busters here in Oklahoma. I didn't know that we had one now. Does anyone know where it is at? I have been to one in San Antonio and had a great time. It is like an Adults Incredible Pizza. I checked their website and didn't see anything about an Oklahoma location....
    When it rains it pours... but when the blessings come they overflow!

Default Re: Dave and Busters

I'm beginning to think maybe it was just a dream now...... I have looked on the net and can't find anything referencing a Dave and Busters in Oklahoma.
    When it rains it pours... but when the blessings come they overflow!

I saw the commercial also but was wondering if they were advertising for some state that is neighboring for some reason. I have been to the one in San Jose and it can be fun.

I saw the commercial too. More than likely it was a part of a regional buy and probably advertising for one of the locations in Dallas. They are franchise owned so get some investors together and we can have our own here.

Hint: Do not look to Randy Hogan to be one of your investors. lol.

Dave and Busters is opening a new location in Tulsa. You can go to Tulsaworld.com and search for dave and busters and it will advise you.

7. Default Re: Dave and Busters

Tulsa World: Week in review: Dave & Buster's coming to town

Week in review: Dave & Buster's coming to town

By Staff Reports
    5/25/2008
    Last Modified: 5/25/2008 4:12 AM

Dave & Buster's Inc., a Dallas-based restaurant chain known for its entertainment options, is planning a Tulsa location.

The Tulsa World learned that the company has purchased three acres of land at 71st Street and 101st East Avenue, between Best Buy Co. and Mathis Brothers Furniture.

A company spokesman said in a telephone interview that a Dave & Buster's restaurant will be built in Tulsa, with a tentative opening date next January, but would offer no other details.

Each Dave & Buster's location features American-style food, adult beverages and entertainment choices such as video games, billiards, air hockey, virtual reality games and sports simulators.
    -------
    Comment: Sad that Tulsa is able to land this, but OKC cannot.

8. Default Re: Dave and Busters

Grrrrr...I wish they'd have bought out Toby Keith's joint and put it there.

I fear if they do come to OKC it will be to the Quail Springs area, which is more of their m.o.

However, they would be a good anchor for more development in or around Bricktown.

I spoke to Dave this morning and he said they are actively trying to acquire land currently occupied by the <former> Fox Collision Center. I rang Buster to see if he'd confirm but got his voice mail. I'll post again should Buster return my call.

11. Default Re: Dave and Busters

LOL /sigh

I think Bricktown is the best place for them in OKC. Pete your comment on Quail Springs is probably right, I would except that UNP in Norman would be another. However, both locations effectively kill off customers from half the Metro.

12. Default Re: Dave and Busters

Quote Originally Posted by Turanacus View Post
    I spoke to Dave this morning and he said they are actively trying to acquire land currently occupied by the <former> Fox Collision Center. I rang Buster to see if he'd confirm but got his voice mail. I'll post again should Buster return my call.
    When you've got him on the phone, tell him to bring back the bacon wrapped BBQ shrimp kabobs.

I wants a Dave and Busters! It is like Chuckie Cheese for adults with beer! I can play Galaga for hours and sip on Bass. Good times.

count me in on dave and busters, I live in moore and will drive o the north side to go to that place, just build it in he okc metro and i will come..Message o dave and busters ( If you build it we will come)

15. Default Re: Dave and Busters

Umm...if it is on Memorial on the North side...I'm not paying $4/gal of gas to go there from SE Norman.

Dave & Buster's Inc., a Dallas-based restaurant chain known for its entertainment options, is planning a Tulsa location.

The Tulsa World learned that the company has purchased three acres of land at 71st Street and 101st East Avenue, between Best Buy Co. and Mathis Brothers Furniture.

A company spokesman said in a telephone interview that a Dave & Buster's restaurant will be built in Tulsa, with a tentative opening date next January, but would offer no other details.

Each Dave & Buster's location features American-style food, adult beverages and entertainment choices such as video games, billiards, air hockey, virtual reality games and sports simulators.

New developments on D&B from Steve in today's paper.

Dave & Buster's, a popular entertainment and restaurant chain, is seeking zoning to serve alcohol at a new Oklahoma City restaurant.

The agenda for Thursday's meeting of the Oklahoma City Planning Commissions shows a new Dave & Buster's is to be built at 5501 N May Ave., the former site of Smicklas Chevrolet. A site plan shows pads reserved for two more restaurants and a hotel in the block bounded by May Avenue, Northwest Expressway, NW 52 and N Brookline Avenue.

Read more: http://newsok.com/dave-busters-prepa...#ixzz17V4gmMIP

Default Dave & Buster's coming to OKC

From Newsok.com:

Dave & Buster's, a popular entertainment and restaurant chain, is seeking zoning to serve alcohol at a new Oklahoma City restaurant.

Dave & Buster's prepares entry into Oklahoma City

The agenda for Thursday's meeting of the Oklahoma City Planning Commissions shows a new Dave & Buster's is to be built at 5501 N May Ave., the former site of Smicklas Chevrolet. A site plan shows pads reserved for two more restaurants and a hotel in the block bounded by May Avenue, Northwest Expressway, NW 52 and N Brookline Avenue.

Read the rest of Steve's article at:

http://newsok.com/dave-busters-prepa...ad_story_title

Default Re: Dave & Buster's coming to OKC

Bummer it's not in Bricktown, but for D&B, I think this was the smart move. Right in the middle of several hotels and aside from Hooters, they're the only thing to do.

GREAT Location!!! I hope the format is more full-scale as oppose to Tulsa's junior store.

21. Default Re: Dave & Buster's coming to OKC

Coolio! However, I wish that Steve's attempts to communicate with company reps had been answered. I want to know whether this will be a "full scale" D&B or the "smaller market" version a la Omaha/Tulsa. If I recall correctly, the smaller versions don't even have pool tables. I'm inclined to think that the OKC site will be full scale given that it seems to be new construction. I believe that smaller formats are molded into strip centers, but I could be mistaken. Should be a great addition to the Penn area, but like Mid, I wish they had built downtown.

Was Tulsa's D&B built brand new or converted from existing building?

Tulsa's store was new construction.

Default Re: Dave & Buster's coming to OKC

At least this will be some good in-fill development.

Last edited by Pete; 06-24-2011 at 10:35 AM.

25. Default Re: Dave & Buster's coming to OKC

Thank gawd. This has been such a big issue for so long on this board!

Thread Information