Widgets Magazine
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Dave & Buster's coming to OKC

Default Re: Dave & Buster's coming to OKC

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    No, Opens JAN 30th as previously posted.
    passive aggressive much?

They may be doing some advance semi-private nights as part of training for their staff.

I know that we have all been complaining about how the building looks during the day. But at night it dosen't look all that bad. The white areas on the building have been outlined with a subtle blue neon light. It actually looks kinda good. Noticed it on my way home from work this evening. I'll try to get some pics posted soon.

Quote Originally Posted by swilki View Post
    I know that we have all been complaining about how the building looks during the day. But at night it dosen't look all that bad. The white areas on the building have been outlined with a subtle blue neon light. It actually looks kinda good. Noticed it on my way home from work this evening. I'll try to get some pics posted soon.
    The only times I've drove by Dave & Buster's is at night and I agree with you, swilki.

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    Is it open? I drove by yesterday and the parking lot was completely packed and the lights were on inside.
    I drove by there a couple of times last saturday and the parking lot was full both times. I assumed it was due to workers finishing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by swilki View Post
    Not all of us have been complaining, I like it day and night.

Yeah....I should retract part of that. I know that there have been some complaining about it (including myself). But with the signs on the building and cars in the lot, it isn't looking all that bad and is starting to grow on me. I think it will grow on people over time. It just unfortunate that this building is located near some of the ugliest painted buildings in the city, imo.

Default Re: Dave and Busters

Going to an opening party tonight. Will post a review. Should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by icecold View Post
    Going to an opening party tonight. Will post a review. Should be fun.
    Lucky dog!

Hi, we were invited last night and had a great time. Really nice job Dave and Busters!

I must disclose that I have been a fan for a long time. I have been to a few in Dallas and this one is more modern and open looking. Higher ceilings, smaller footprint without the pool rooms and dark wood like the larger concepts.

The food was everywhere and it was really, really good. Brand new game machines; something for everyone. Loved the GIANT claw machine. Great drink menu if you like foo foo stuff or good beer. They even had Coop (whoo).

Everyone seemed to be have a great I think it will be a hit! Thanks again to whoever put me on the list!

Photos from last night's event:

Feels like Vegas!

What happens at Dave & Busters, Stays at Dave & Busters!!

Quote Originally Posted by ksearls View Post
    The food was everywhere
    What does that mean?

Thanks Pete for the pics! I've never been to D&B. Do the arcade games dispense tickets that are redeemable for prizes? If so, what are some of the prizes?

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Thanks Pete for the pics! I've never been to D&B. Do the arcade games dispense tickets that are redeemable for prizes? If so, what are some of the prizes?
    Yes

Ljbab728,

Ha, I guess that did sound weird. What I was trying to say was that they were very generous with massive amounts of food at the party. It was all very good, options for everyone on the menu, great salads, grilled shrimp, steaks and really great burgers.

Really great snacky/app choices. I know this won't win any health food awards but they have these egg rolls that are filled with Philly cheese steak. Please don't eat one because you will be hooked! Everyone was raving about them.

The staff was very well trained and extremely friendly.

To those who have been inside D&B: What games do they have?

Here's a game list from their website:

http://www.daveandbusters.com/play/games.aspx

I know of the website. But I don't know whether or not they actually carry all the games they have listed on their site at the okc location. I figured not all of D&B locations have the same exact amount of games as listed on the website. So that's why I asked.

I think that list shows the games they pretty much have at all their locations, which is why it is featured on their national website.

Some big locations may have more, but OKC is one of their smaller stores.

I think we can all agree it looks much better than a run-down, empty car dealership.

I like the way it looks and OKC gets the very first one of these new D&B prototypes.

Quote Originally Posted by crs4380 View Post
    I know of the website. But I don't know whether or not they actually carry all the games they have listed on their site at the okc location. I figured not all of D&B locations have the same exact amount of games as listed on the website. So that's why I asked.
    D&B isn't really for hardcore gamers going there for a certain game, it's more of a place where adults can be a kid, an adult Chuck-E-Cheese if you will, all while they can sip a beer playing skee-ball.

The lot was full from the window to the wall again tonight. Whats that all about? Thought the official opening was on the 30th?

Probably another "invitation only" event, possibly a charity fundraiser, and another "dress rehearsal," if you will, for the D&B staff to prepare for the formal opening on Monday.

Thread Information