Widgets Magazine

Thread: Medians on Classen between NWExp. and Classen Curve

Default Medians on Classen between NWExp. and Classen Curve

Does anyone know what they are doing with the medians between NW Exp and Classen Curve? They've been doing dirt work for a week or two now, but it is rapidly taking shape. My suspicion all along; and now even more is that Chesapeake is paying to install a sprinkler system and landscaping for them. As everyone knows CHK has nice landscaping on Classen facing their campus, Triangle at the Curve, and Classen Curve developments and they also are paying for the lighting and landscaping in front of the medians in front of Penn Square Mall. My guess is they are trying to create and relandscape a giant retail corridor from Penn Square, Belle Isle, around NWExp turn on Classen and around the Classen Curve so it is contiguous and consistent. It appears they laid a sprinkler system in the last day or two and today they were out there putting some nice, fine grain potting soil in the medians and I could have swore I saw some decorative stone tiles stacked up under the I-44 bridge this morning. I'm guessing they will tile the concrete there under the bridge. Anyone know anything more?

Default Re: Medians on Classen between NWExp. and Classen Curve

today they were out there putting some nice, fine grain potting soil in the medians and I could have swore I saw some decorative stone tiles stacked up under the I-44 bridge this morning.
    They are laying in decorative, slate colored stone tiles on a large portion of that median between NW Expy and Classen Curve. I saw them yesterday on the drive home, they look really nice...

Thread Information