Widgets Magazine
Page 109 of 126 FirstFirst ... 959104105106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 3141

Thread: Paycom Center (formerly Chesapeake Arena)

Default Re: Paycom Center (formerly Chesapeake Arena)

OKC Paycom Center ranked among Top 50 arenas in the world

https://okcfox.com/news/entertainmen...cember-20-2022

Looks like it is based on ticket sales and not quality of arena

(which I say without any judgment; I just assumed it was the latter when it was the former but I think either is potentially interesting although I don't personally know about Arena Culture to say whether this means anything or not)

Quote Originally Posted by therhett17 View Post
    OKC Paycom Center ranked among Top 50 arenas in the world

https://okcfox.com/news/entertainmen...cember-20-2022
    Is there a link showing the top 100?

4. Default Re: Paycom Center (formerly Chesapeake Arena)

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Is there a link showing the top 100?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00155423-2812-44C7-A690-B5D333555012.jpeg 
Views:	163 
Size:	2.54 MB 
ID:	17797

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00155423-2812-44C7-A690-B5D333555012.jpeg 
Views:	163 
Size:	2.54 MB 
ID:	17797
    I wonder what it would take to turn into a Gainbridge Fieldhouse levels of revenue. Seems as they have about double the ticket sales. I wonder if approaching 50 concerts a year get us close. Great chart!

Also in the top 50 (#42) for the 2023 concert market in general, based on 2022 gross sales.

2023 Pollstar Concert Market Rankings

7. Default Re: Paycom Center (formerly Chesapeake Arena)

I'm sure the Thunder has something to do with the ticket counts. That's about 3 times that of the BOK.

Cool to see it's in the top 50 arenas in tickets....that's pretty stinking cool. If we had an NHL team or lured back the Big 12 (or maybe the SEC) BBall tourneys, that could knock it up a few spots too.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    I'm sure the Thunder has something to do with the ticket counts. That's about 3 times that of the BOK.
    Pollstar is a concert industry publication.

For the 2021/2022 Thunder gate receipts were a little less than twice what is shown on the Pollstar chart ($45MM v. $27MM) , so they're not included.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...l-association/

9. Default Re: Paycom Center (formerly Chesapeake Arena)

Nice to see Tulsa in at 80 on the list.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Doesn't the BOK usually have quite a bit more than OKC, in terms of non-NBA tickets sold?

11. Default Re: Paycom Center (formerly Chesapeake Arena)

from the list I'd say no.

Interestingly, it appears the list doesn't include NBA games (for OKC). 41 NBA games X 18000 = 738,000 tickets where OKC had been full sellouts; whereas they list OKC tickets at about half that at 348,771. I'd love to learn of their criteria, they mined their data Nov to Nov 2021-22 but you'd still expect higher counts due to the NBA.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    from the list I'd say no.

Interestingly, it appears the list doesn't include NBA games (for OKC). 41 NBA games X 18000 = 738,000 tickets where OKC had been full sellouts; whereas they list OKC tickets at about half that at 348,771. I'd love to learn of their criteria, they mined their data Nov to Nov 2021-22 but you'd still expect higher counts due to the NBA.
    Pollstar is not including sporting events. It's a concert industry publication, so they don't track that.

As you pointed out, Paycom's totals on the list would be much higher for the arena if they did, especially considering that the thunder is not the only non-concert gate receipts for the arena.

This chart is definitely not a "tickets sold for all events at Paycom Center" list.

The average home attendance for the Thunder for 2021-22 season was 14, 877. While including those numbers would be interesting keep in mind there are other arenas whose numbers do not include hosting NBA and NHL teams.
    I hope the concert numbers continue to be robust and this is the new norm.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Doesn't the BOK usually have quite a bit more than OKC, in terms of non-NBA tickets sold?
    BOK was ranked in the Top 50 from 2015-19 so either total concerts are less now or other arenas have stepped up, including Paycom. Possibly a combination of both.

I seem to remember something bout SMG bringing in a new GM when the contract was renewed a few years ago with a focus on concerts. I think they even did some acoustic treatments around that time. Of course, the pandemic wiped out the industry for a couple years.

2019 Is interesting. It's ranked by ticket sales instead of gross $$. A few more tickets were sold at BOK, but Chesapeake grossed about $3MM more:

https://data.pollstar.com/chart/2019...Arenas_797.pdf

16. Default Re: Paycom Center (formerly Chesapeake Arena)

^^^^^^^
    The most recent iteration of the ASM (previously known as SMG) agreement has performance stipulations that require a minimum number of top 50 acts annually as ranked by Pollstar.

Contrary to popular speculation, this addition was actually driven in large part by the Thunder, who want MORE concerts at Paycom rather than fewer. Preferred booking status for non-Thunder events is a perk for suite and premium seat holders.

https://twitter.com/hpeteokc/status/...0feIrDR-ZNmLbQ New scoreboard rendering (possibly)

In this PDF from Populous, it seems you can see the plan for the Loud City Signature Bar along with the confirmed scoreboard plans. Looks like everything should be complete by September. Not sure if this has been posted in here yet.

https://okc.primegov.com/meeting/attachment/431335.pdf?name=M4-VA021%20Phase%202A%20Scoreboard%20Replacement%20Fi nal%20Plans%20Presentation

^

Thanks for that. Here are some images:

Long overdue. Excited for this!

21. Default Re: Paycom Center (formerly Chesapeake Arena)

Think they'll hold on to the old one for the Fairgrounds? No reason to save it for the Myriad anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettJ33 View Post
    In this PDF from Populous, it seems you can see the plan for the Loud City Signature Bar
    i believe the loud city bar has been removed from the planned upgrades

for sure the loud city opening has been removed

Item No. 4, Upper-Level Fixed Seats, $8,767:
    The construction contract excluded 44 seats in Section 301 for a proposed Loud City pedestrian
    opening to be completed under a separate contract. The opening has now been removed from the
    Paycom Center upgrades, and 44 new seats must be added to complete the seating replacement in
    that section. This item pays for the labor and material to provide 44 seats in Section 301.

If they build the new arena on the Cox site will they eventually demolish the current paycom arena or will we just be the city of twin arenas?

Quote Originally Posted by mgharfeh View Post
    If they build the new arena on the Cox site will they eventually demolish the current paycom arena or will we just be the city of twin arenas?
    They will almost certainly continue to operate both arenas for the foreseeable future, as they did with both the Cox and Paycom.

It would be a nice workaround for scheduling conflicts for concerts and there are some conventions that require an arena (like the FFA).

Paycom Center: Home arena of the Oklahoma City Coyotes. /s

Thread Information