Widgets Magazine
Page 62 of 124 FirstFirst ... 125758596061626364656667112 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 3090

Thread: Paycom Center (formerly Chesapeake Arena)

Default Re: Chesapeake Arena

Quote Originally Posted by Mballard85 View Post
    This would be my guess as well, they advertise pretty much everywhere they can and this is about as big as it gets. They may be a little "weird" with their money, but every decision they make is to make them look good, this would certainly put them in the limelight.
    i agree and i will say my comment was is more than a guess ...

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Interesting discussion on the naming rights while this Pandemic continue to put our large corporations and small businesses in peril. No one knows how long this pandemic will impact our lives.

Our city/citizens has shown its commitment to its venues like the OKC Zoo, ASA Hall of Fame Stadium (expansion/renovation), Bricktown Ballpark (new seats) and Chesapeake Arena (new seats planned) with updates/upgrades to accommodate use--to name a few.

The funding mechanism is where we need to focus our efforts. The Census--make sure you're counted, so many institutions like our schools will be impacted by these funds.
    Paycom has done very very well in the last 6 months

Blog Entries

NBA Re: Chesapeake Arena

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Paycom has done very very well in the last 6 months
    Agree, Paycom would benefit from a Thunder sponsorship. Since the Thunder are the recipient of naming-rights revenue--this would be a win-win for both. Really IMO boost Paycom's national brand.

Paycom Colosseum

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Agree, Paycom would benefit from a Thunder sponsorship. Since the Thunder are the recipient of naming-rights revenue--this would be a win-win for both. Really IMO boost Paycom's national brand.

Paycom Colosseum
    The number of people that would misspell Colosseum

Paycom Center or Paycom Arena....or just for fun The Paycom Cloud

All I hope for is that it doesn't get named Oklahoma City Arena.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsmooth View Post
    All I hope for is that it doesn't get named Oklahoma City Arena.
    Ha, yes, this x1000!

I hope Sonic gets it, the anger in Seattle would be hilarious

I just wish Gigglez hadn't gone out of business. They could have been a great sponsor for the arena name.

Blog Entries

NBA Re: Chesapeake Arena

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    The number of people that would misspell Colosseum

Paycom Center or Paycom Arena....or just for fun The Paycom Cloud

Proposed exterior with northwest entrance to Chesapeake Energy Arena's $104 million MAPS 4 funds.

'Colosseum instead of Coliseum' would make the name more of a challenge and draw more attention with the ancient spelling format.

I'm hoping for Love's Arena, just so I can see everyone thinking they're so original by calling it "The Love Shack".

It would be embarrassing and stereotypical to have our arena be named after a truck stop on international TV.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    It would be embarrassing and stereotypical to have our arena be named after a truck stop on international TV.
    yes, that would be much worse than naming after mattresses or milk shakes. Lol

Blog Entries

“Express Center” would be good, but they’d probably want it to be “Express Personnel Center”. But, my bet is Paycom is the odds leader at this time.

Improvements proposed for the arena as part of MAPS 4.

They plan to start in the summer of 2021 and take 5 years to complete.

Very nice......but 5 years, wow.

5 years because: 1) they have to work around the Thunder schedule; and 2) they can only spend money as it is collected.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    5 years because: 1) they have to work around the Thunder schedule; and 2) they can only spend money as it is collected.
    Ya, good point. Too bad we can't kick the dust up and get after it since we only have 1 National TV broadcast slated this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Paule4ou View Post
    Ya, good point. Too bad we can't kick the dust up and get after it since we only have 1 National TV broadcast slated this year.
    There are a bunch of MAPS 4 projects who are all lobbying to get the MAPS 4 collections ASAP.

The exact order of construction/expense has yet to be determined but I can guarantee you everyone involved with each of these projects will not want to wait.

Blog Entries

I like it all, but actually like the infrastructure improvements over anything else as I want this set of improvements to take this arena to 2035-40 at least.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    There are a bunch of MAPS 4 projects who are all lobbying to get the MAPS 4 collections ASAP.

The exact order of construction/expense has yet to be determined but I can guarantee you everyone involved with each of these projects will not want to wait.
    lemme guess state fair arena is at the tippy top (probably even more so if the Blue will have to go there eventually)

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    lemme guess state fair arena is at the tippy top (probably even more so if the Blue will have to go there eventually)
    You can almost count on that given the sway the power brokers exerted over the priorities of the last MAPS.

Those Loud City upgrades are AWESOME. Won't feel like peasant seats anymore. Basically just another club level.

23. Default Re: Chesapeake Arena

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Those Loud City upgrades are AWESOME. Won't feel like peasant seats anymore. Basically just another club level.
    Which makes me happy because unless someone gives us their seats loud city is where we are.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Chesapeake Arena

IIRC The MAPS 4 Initiative set aside $115 million budget for arena & practice-training facility renovations & upgrades.

$104 million budgeted for the Chesapeake Energy Arena.
    $11 million budgeted for Thunder Training & Practice Facility.

A part of the original agreement with the NBA franchise relocation included the arena & practice facility which are city own venues.

The arena renderings are nice; hope to see what improvements will be made on the training-practice facility which cost $10.1 million for initial construction in March 2011; $11 million will be used to renovate the training & practice facility (The OKC Blue G-League now uses the original practice facility that was renovated in Edmond when the Supersonics relocated).

Erik Horne
    @ErikkHorne
    The Thunder/OU Medicine partnership is alive and well. Announcement Wednesday. Digital billboards around OKC. And an official name change of the Thunder’s practice facility to Thunder ION (Innovation Optimization Network) powered by OU Medicine.

Finally something I'm excited about.

Thread Information