Widgets Magazine
Page 72 of 126 FirstFirst ... 226768697071727374757677122 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 3131

Thread: Paycom Center (formerly Chesapeake Arena)

Default Re: Chesapeake Arena

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    S&P 500 is not the Fortune 500. But the more money a company makes, the more likely they will be to spend on a frivolous arena naming. I am not bashing Paycom, just tired of those who hate on Love's, when they would be another Fortune 500 for this state, which it needs.
    But being listed in the S&P 500 is a very very big deal.

Fortune 500 is by revenue.

But S&P 500 is by market cap, which tells you the market thinks they are one of the 500 most valuable/important/growth etc etc companies in this country.

This isn't Loves v Paycom.

It's some posters are placing more value on Paycom having the naming rights because of the perception it would drive for OKC.

I am amazed at how some discount business located in Oklahoma that could be located anywhere but chose to stay in state and contribute significantly to all things OKC. It's not MY money being paid to be placed on a building. It's not like OKC is a destination for fortune 500 companies. I think bashing private companies who bring attention to a City that otherwise is an afterthought is frankly stupid. Paycom could be anywhere, Hobby Lobby could be anywhere. Hasn't OKC lost enough Big companies, do we want to continue to under appreciate the companies that do stay and expand and support the City/State. Geez

Nobody is bashing any of the local companies.

4. Default Re: Chesapeake Arena

Not a single negative comment that I can find on social media from when the Love's Travel Stops Nascar car won the Daytona 500!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Nobody is bashing any of the local companies.
    Won't bother pointing to the post #'s. each can reach their own conclusion whether the comments come across as negative

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    Won't bother pointing to the post #'s. each can reach their own conclusion whether the comments come across as negative
    I have a feeling you are referring to my post. I never commented on the employees in a negative light. In fact I mentioned most of the stores seem well run and have had a few problems with them.

They do carry the reputation of their industry; and there is no escaping that. I would have the same comments about TA Truck Stops Arena; Maverick Truck Stops Arena; or Pacific Pride Refueling Center Arena. Heck I would be okay with Hobby Lobby Arena despite my personal feelings towards their corporate activism. They are not a truck stop!

The citizens have every right to be concerned with the name of a facility that will be used in every national and international sporting event coverage of it for the foreseeable future. There are going to be varying opinions of that no matter what.

If it is Love’s I hope they leave the Travel Stop part out of the name. I can live with that as a compromise lol

Blog Entries

If it's not Loves who obtain naming rights, we're all going to surprised.

8. Default Re: Chesapeake Arena

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    If it's not Loves who obtain naming rights, we're all going to surprised.
    I'm thinking it's going to be Paycom.

Dark horse candidate: the Chickasaw Nation.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    I'm thinking it's going to be Paycom.

Dark horse candidate: the Chickasaw Nation.
    Real possibilities. I thought about the Chickasaw Nation because of the Bricktown Ballpark.

Sonic Arena has a nice ring to it.

Super dark horse: LifeChurch

11. Default Re: Chesapeake Arena

It's Hobby Lobby
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Canoo Coliseum. They just came into a pile of cash.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    It's Hobby Lobby
    What! You are kidding...

It's Hobby Lobby
    Burn it down.

Hobbly Lobby spends very little in OKC outside their campus; that is other than to forward bible-based curriculum in public schools.

Quote Originally Posted by soonergolfer View Post
    Yum arena isn’t a professional arena. It’s a college arena. Like comparing apples and chimpanzees.
    The arena is in the middle of their downtown and the signage hovers over the entire area. Have you been to Louisville? It’s about as visible of a downtown arena as you’ll see. It is not some quaint college arena. And, no, I don’t think people all judge the city on it. How many people here even knew which city had SLEEP TRAIN ARENA? Lol.

I honestly think Love Shack would be endearing and fun. Low Shack is associated with a pop song for most people, not an actual shack. I agree that the full Love’s name is lame, but that’s even more a reason that an idiosyncratic nickname would be a good brand.

Love’s Arena or Love’s Center doesn’t sound bad

That song is over 30 years old, and while it's well-known and very catchy, people under a certain age have no connection with it at all (and this will only become more and more the case as time goes by). Outside of that song, the word shack has mostly negative connotations and denotations. I wouldn't want our city's premier venue to be referred to as a shack. Also, it wouldn't work with the company's name. It would have to be the Love's Shack, which I guess could still be fun.

I know this discussion is all in jest, so I'm not taking the Love Shack discussion too seriously. But my guess is that a poll of a younger demographic would look a lot different than a poll of this forum. Lol.

I still think SONIC arena wouldn't be so bad. And it's kind of a jab at Seattle lol.

Remember, Sonic is now owned by Inspire Brands based in Georgia.

Yeah, that ship has sailed.

It's Hobby Lobby
    I’d be fine with either them or Braum’s.

The pink ice cream logo would look really sharp on that building.

23. Default Re: Chesapeake Arena

doesn't matter who the parent company is or where they are.

OKC had arguably the best mark in the entire NBA with the Ford Center which was a marketing agreement with the OK Ford Dealers using the Ford brand. Similar could be done here with Sonic where either they or the parent buys the rights and name it whatever they want. BTW, Sonic is a subsidiary not fully run by the parent therefore they still retain their corporate structure and identity - hence also why the commercials haven't changed and dont even identify the parent company at all. .. Arena naming rights would be similar despite the $$ likely coming from the parent.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

^

The huge difference being that the decisions of the OK Ford dealers were made locally, not by investors in Georgia.

25. Default Re: Chesapeake Arena

Quote Originally Posted by WheelerD Guy View Post
    I’d be fine with either them or Braum’s.

The pink ice cream logo would look really sharp on that building.
    I'll only support Braums if they show those 1980s commercials they keep showing to this day on the big screen.

Thread Information