Widgets Magazine
Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Prairie Surf Studios (formerly Cox Center)

Default Re: Cox Center

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The city is PAYING for the Blue to move out of the Cox Center to make way for this movie studio. Says so right in the lease:
    right i understand that .. i was talking about events not counting the blue ... the blue clearly didn't want to be out now ..

I keep thinking PSM is Penn Square when reading through this thread... Haha

3. Default Re: Cox Center

wouldn';t it be great if this is a success and they build a new studio (or at least Hq offices) in Film Row district. ..

I wonder if the city would consider selling those buildings near the jail (currently used for storage), they'd be perfect for studio sets.

It will also be great if they could get a few movies and/or tv shows set and about Oklahoma City. Hope we can become another Albuquerque at least ....
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Blog Entries

My favorite pic of the Cox Convention Center.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    wouldn';t it be great if this is a success and they build a new studio (or at least Hq offices) in Film Row district. ..

I wonder if the city would consider selling those buildings near the jail (currently used for storage), they'd be perfect for studio sets.

It will also be great if they could get a few movies and/or tv shows set and about Oklahoma City. Hope we can become another Albuquerque at least ....
    I don't think the low ceiling clearances, narrow hallways and doors make it desirable for storing anything very big, let alone sets. Then there is the issue of transporting them. Seems like they need storage near or on site where they will be used.

6. Default Re: Cox Center

Just for clarification, I’m meaning the metal buildings not too far from the Oklahoma county jail and 21C Museum hotel.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

What’s up with all the cars parked on the grass and sidewalks every day on the east side of the fox center. It looks very tacky and should be allowed. There’s parking garage below so there should be no excuse.
    Isn’t that against city code…

With all the vacancies downtown, they're probably overjoyed there's enough people to use the building and park on the sidewalk.

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    What’s up with all the cars parked on the grass and sidewalks every day on the east side of the fox center. It looks very tacky and should be allowed. There’s parking garage below so there should be no excuse.
    Isn’t that against city code…
    Contact the Action Center at okc.gov

Ever since Continental co-bought the Santa Fe garage with BancFirst and moved all their parkers to that structure, the Cox Center parking has seen low occupancy -- and this was before the pandemic.

So, at any given time there are hundreds of available spots down there.

In fact, preserving that parking is the main reason the Cox Center is still standing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Contact the Action Center at okc.gov
    Reported on 1/25 and 2/1.

Nothing had changed. Cars still parking there this morning.

And I can’t seem to find any report for the address on action center website. It’s like they are ignoring it because it’s their own property

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    Reported on 1/25 and 2/1.

Nothing had changed. Cars still parking there this morning.

And I can’t seem to find any report for the address on action center website. It’s like they are ignoring it because it’s their own property
    They can take days, if not weeks, to respond to things sometimes, which is sad. Next step would be to contact either your city councilperson or the one for the ward the Cox is in (Hamon is that one).

Can you explain exactly where this is happening? The east side of the CCC has very little grass. Are you talking about the area directly across from the Santa Fe Hub?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Can you explain exactly where this is happening? The east side of the CCC has very little grass. Are you talking about the area directly across from the Santa Fe Hub?
    Along Gaylord in the small patches of grass. Probably 5-10 cars parked out there on the grass daily

I reported it again and asked for the service report # so I could track and make sure it was actually reported and entered this time
    It’s C21-07918

https://ibb.co/gztCmqp
    Here is a picture of what is happening every day. Not that there any many visitors to town right now but just doesn’t look good when you’re coming into downtown to see vehicles parked on the grass like this.
    There were 4 cars on the grass as of 7am today already

Yea that is bad. I am guessing they are workers doing something inside those CCC doors.

Yea that is bad. I am guessing they are workers doing something inside those CCC doors.
    It's for the Prairie Surf Studios project.

I suggest someone tweet the photo to Holt. He is one of OKC's biggest proponents of cleaning up the city image. He will know who to contact.

3rd week of it. Been paying attention everyday to it. It looks tacky. Prairie surf already acting like your typical rental tenants - I joke.

Blog Entries

I don't understand why they'd do that if they have access to the parking below ground, wouldn't you want your car to be warm and ice free?

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    I don't understand why they'd do that if they have access to the parking below ground, wouldn't you want your car to be warm and ice free?
    I have a friend who is on the crew there and she mentioned that they cannot park in the garage, that someone else has it and that they are having parking issues. Not sure if that is accurate but that's what she said.

According to the action line page for that report number they are scheduled for an inspection today.

Request Number Request Type Request Status Request Date Request Resolution Resolution Date Action Type Action Schedule Date Action Date Action Taken
    C21-07918 CODE ENF - Yard Parking Received 2/8/2021 Open First Inspection 2/9/2021 Scheduled

Quote Originally Posted by ksearls View Post
    I have a friend who is on the crew there and she mentioned that they cannot park in the garage, that someone else has it and that they are having parking issues. Not sure if that is accurate but that's what she said.
    If that is the issue, they need to use some common sense and find other parking accommodations (there are plenty). Parking on grass is a trailer park mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by theanvil View Post
    If that is the issue, they need to use some common sense and find other parking accommodations (there are plenty). Parking on grass is a trailer park mentality.
    Plenty of other parking options around. Century center the surface lots on south side of Reno. There are options if you look.
    Just not free and right at the door.

I’m assuming the garage underneath is not available for free…it’s $10 a day and that’s why is not “available”
    As I know a couple coworkers who park there on a monthly basis and they are having no issues parking there

There are thousands of parking spots within a two block radius of the cox center. The cox center is built on a parking garage. The Cox Center is connected to the Santa Fe Garage via a sky walk. There is a surface lot literally across the street and two more just east of the bridge. This is just naming a fraction of available parking off the top of my head. If this doesn't work for them there just happens to be a streetcar that will literally drop you off at the front door of the Cox center. If the company/employees are to cheap to get an agreement with one of these lots for parking they shouldn't be rewarded with front grass parking along E.K Gaylord. Absolutely ridiculous.

Thread Information