Widgets Magazine

Thread: Video / Music Slideshow of OU Campus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Video / Music Slideshow of OU Campus

I couldn't find anything very comprehensive out there, so I grabbed a bunch of photos and tried to showcase the many beautiful aspects of the campus:

Default Re: Video / Music Slideshow of OU Campus

Thats an awesome video Pete. BOOMER!!!

Not bad at all. Thank you sir.

Thanks, Pete! Great presentation of our beautiful campus! I'm actually in the very last photo with the Pride!

Truly stunning, Pete. I grew up near there and spent half my youth on the OU Campus--you made this presentation exceptional! Bravo!

Thank so much for putting this slide show together, it’s very nice.

A few weeks ago before we played Texas Tech a few Tech fans had posed on their message board that they didn’t think OU had a nice looking campus. I was looking for something exactly like this to post but I couldn’t find anything like a slide show.

I would like to suggest that you contact OU and suggest to them that they post this or something similar on their main web site.

Quote Originally Posted by ou48A View Post
    Thank so much for putting this slide show together, it’s very nice.

A few weeks ago before we played Texas Tech a few Tech fans had posed on their message board that they didn’t think OU had a nice looking campus. I was looking for something exactly like this to post but I couldn’t find anything like a slide show.

I would like to suggest that you contact OU and suggest to them that they post this or something similar on their main web site.
    Interesting. I met an elderly couple the day of the game as I was walking towards the union. They asked me where the Bizzell clock tower was located. I pointed them in the right direction. As I left them, they thanked me and commented on our beautiful campus.

Tech has a nice campus. They don't have very many trees, but the Spanish architecture is wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew4OU View Post
    Interesting. I met an elderly couple the day of the game as I was walking towards the union. They asked me where the Bizzell clock tower was located. I pointed them in the right direction. As I left them, they thanked me and commented on our beautiful campus.

Tech has a nice campus. They don't have very many trees, but the Spanish architecture is wonderful.
    It was only a few Tech fans that said they didn’t care for OU’s campus but several did say complementary things about OU's campus.
    I did post a hand full of pictures but it’s wasn’t near as much or near as convincing as what has been posted by Pete on this thread.

It seems like a lot of visiting fans park south of the stadium and never see or know very much very about of the nicer parts of the OU campus.

I agree with you about the Spanish architecture being wonderful on the Tech campus. They too have seen a good deal of new construction on their campus. My wife graduated from Tech so anytime we go to Lubbock we take plenty of time to tour their campus.

Not only has there been a massive amount of new construction and renovation, but there has been tons of extensive, although subtle other changes over the last 10-15 years. Notably:

- Fantastic, high-end interior lounges in dozens of buildings
    - Landscaping has been greatly enhanced
    - Dozens more courtyards and patios
    - Teak outdoor furniture everywhere -- tons of benches
    - Scores of fountains and public art displays
    - Several streets converted into pedestrian walkways

This is just the main campus, not taking into account everything at the South Campus and Health Sciences Center.

If people take time to walk from Lloyd Noble up around and through the two ovals and into Campus Corner, there are a tremendous amount of fantastic spaces and architecture.

Very nice. I'm sending the link to OU friends.

Thread Information