Widgets Magazine
Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 37828384858687
Results 2,151 to 2,161 of 2161

Thread: Oklahoma liquor laws

Default Re: Oklahoma liquor laws

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Nope, nope, nope, not for me, way too much danger of abuse of the info gathered.
    It wouldn’t be required. Just an option.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Ha, as long as it's not political, we probably agree on more than you'd think. I've only had to deal with biometrics once, when I was working somewhere in Seattle, I believe, and the data center had a mantrap door with a palm reader and weight scale, but that was mandatory and was way before cloud, etc. was a thing.
    lol true though we probably agree more politically than we both realize as well. Differences seem to get magnified and blown out of proportion online. Probably the case for most of us here.

Got a weird image in my head when I read that you had a palm reader at the door at the data center. Sounded like you had Zoltar out there for a sec lol. The cloud has definitely added a level of concern to what once wasn’t that big of deal from biometrics to photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    It wouldn’t be required. Just an option.
    Slippery slope. Option today but tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Slippery slope. Option today but tomorrow?
    Well yeah then I’d be against that.

I wouldn’t count on that being implemented there, at least not now. Although, I think the inevitable is that type of thing will happen all over within most of our lifetimes.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    I wouldn’t count on that being implemented there, at least not now. Although, I think the inevitable is that type of thing will happen all over within most of our lifetimes.
    biometric id for buying stuff but no id for voting .... parts of this country are truly insane ..

New law allows buckets of beer to be sold

https://www.city-sentinel.com/arts_a...et%20of%20beer.

Never knew there was a 2 drink limit. I know we've got pitchers of beer at Bell Isle Brewery. More than 2 drinks in a pitcher. Seems like we've got a bucket of beer somewhere before also but can't remember where.

9. Default Re: Oklahoma liquor laws

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    Never knew there was a 2 drink limit. I know we've got pitchers of beer at Bell Isle Brewery. More than 2 drinks in a pitcher. Seems like we've got a bucket of beer somewhere before also but can't remember where.
    I played league pool for years and every bar I ever played in that sold beer by the bucket would sell individuals a bucket of beer.

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    It's one of the last legacies of the 3.2 beer era. One of the reasons changing Oklahoma's liquor laws was so difficult is because there were so many restrictions on strong beer that didn't apply to 3.2 beer, and those would need to be changed for Oklahomans to have access to strong beer everywhere that 3.2 beer had previously been available. This looks like something that was simply overlooked.

11. Default Re: Oklahoma liquor laws

^^^^^^
    This is it, exactly. Everyone remembering buying buckets is forgetting that they were (by law at least) limited to 3.2 beers. Bars that followed the law would only sell you a bucket built on their 3.2 options. There no longer ARE 3.2 options (not saying that there aren’t low point beers; there are).

Thread Information