Widgets Magazine
Page 84 of 87 FirstFirst ... 34798081828384858687 LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 2161

Thread: Oklahoma liquor laws

Default Re: Oklahoma liquor laws

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I suspected that when it became obvious that curbside and delivery of alcohol would work that it might become permanent. I like it because I’ve come to like curbside and delivery of everything. If I can going forward I’ll be doing a lot more business this way.
    OTOH, my wife and I have always done in-store shopping and prefer it that way. If they're out of certain ingredients we need for a recipe we planned on that week, we can always adjust on the fly, not so much with delivery and curbside. Also, we find new items by just browsing up and down the aisles.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    OTOH, my wife and I have always done in-store shopping and prefer it that way. If they're out of certain ingredients we need for a recipe we planned on that week, we can always adjust on the fly, not so much with delivery and curbside. Also, we find new items by just browsing up and down the aisles.
    I feel the same way. Also if I am cooking a roast, fish, or even fruits and veggies I want to pick out that item to my satisfaction.

3. Default Re: Oklahoma liquor laws

As far as groceries and such I will never change from in person shopping for the reasons you mention. But for booze, prescriptions, general household supplies, car and house maintenance and repair items and other things that I know what I want without thinking about it ordering for delivery keeps me away from exposure.

This bill has advanced. Looks like it will pass. Hopefully Postmates, Uber Eats, and other apps of the like will deliver alcohol soon.

https://journalrecord.com/2020/05/13...ohol-advances/

I will say I miss out on the browsing, but we made the transition to using shipt for our grocery shopping. It's been hard for me since I'm the cook, and I'm pretty picky on my ingredients. Across the board the shoppers have been great on back and forth communication and adjustments to my shopping list when certain things are out (which has been a more regular occurrence during the outbreak). I'll also say this - my shopping trips have dropped about 25% in size.... we don't end up buying tons of impulse items. It really forces you to plan out your trips in advance.

Blog Entries

I guess the liquor store will have to finally create websites with their inventories, like everyone else across the country, especially if they want to compete with others that ship. Right now, only Tulsa Hills Wines actually has a wine inventory on their sight, anyone else?

everything old is new again. wish i could find a picture, but liquor delivery reminds me of the prohibition-era business cards that had a phone number and a short list of the products/prices that the "supplier" had available to deliver.

And maybe the next step is we can get delivery from out of state by mail. There are a lot of good whisky that can be bought online that never comes to Oklahoma.

9. Default Re: Oklahoma liquor laws

Quote Originally Posted by Mott View Post
    I guess the liquor store will have to finally create websites with their inventories, like everyone else across the country, especially if they want to compete with others that ship. Right now, only Tulsa Hills Wines actually has a wine inventory on their sight, anyone else?
    Sean’s on NW Exp has a very good website.

10. Default Re: Oklahoma liquor laws

Quote Originally Posted by Mott View Post
    This industry has been tired for some time. It's about time they are forced to innovate (using this lightly, really just doing what everyone else does) and compete.

Petition going around in Canadian county to allow Sunday liquor sales there.

https://kfor.com/news/local/group-in...es-on-sundays/

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Petition going around in Canadian county to allow Sunday liquor sales there.

https://kfor.com/news/local/group-in...es-on-sundays/
    The county commissioners must have been too conservative Christian to enable a vote.

New bill proposed to allow delivery apps like Postmates, Uber Eats, Door Dash, etc. to deliver alcohol. It made it out of the committee. This will be nice if passed.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/state-an...199be8fab.html

To go cocktails can officially be ordered today but unfortunately not by any third party apps like Grubhub or DoorDash. Hopefully they change it soon to allow for 3rd party deliveries.

https://kfor.com/news/local/cocktail...o-in-oklahoma/

https://www.405magazine.com/a-green-...cktails-to-go/

15. Default Re: Oklahoma liquor laws

The Mont in Norman has swirls to go. 10 bucks a pop and they limit you at 4. Game days are going to be a little more wild.

16. Default Re: Oklahoma liquor laws

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    The Mont in Norman has swirls to go. 10 bucks a pop and they limit you at 4. Game days are going to be a little more wild.
    I saw where the Jones / Fuzzy's are doing this, but they're required to put it into your trunk (i.e. you can't order one and walk out). I assume this restriction was included in the bill, but it seems a little silly.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    I saw where the Jones / Fuzzy's are doing this, but they're required to put it into your trunk (i.e. you can't order one and walk out). I assume this restriction was included in the bill, but it seems a little silly.
    i think the law is that you must transport it in your trunk / back of SUV ...... not that the business has to put it there .. that is weird of them ..

18. Default Re: Oklahoma liquor laws

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    i think the law is that you must transport it in your trunk / back of SUV ...... not that the business has to put it there .. that is weird of them ..
    I thought it was strange as well, but here it is:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jones.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	17064

19. Default Re: Oklahoma liquor laws

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    I thought it was strange as well, but here it is:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jones.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	17064
    That's not very clear: https://www.instagram.com/p/CTAzGAMl..._web_copy_link

Yep, the employee must place the drink(s) in the trunk

Yeah that’s kind of weird. If you want to drink and drive it’s not hard to do without ordering a to go drink. Plus the to go drinks have that tamper proof seal which shows if it has been opened.

Quote Originally Posted by kzizok View Post
    Yep, the employee must place the drink(s) in the trunk
    thank you for the correction ..

http://www.oklegislature.gov/BillInf...2&Session=2100

3. The sealed container is placed in the trunk of the vehicle
    or, if there is no trunk, in the vehicle's rear compartment that is
    not readily accessible to the passenger area; and

i guess walkers and bikers are sol

23. Default Re: Oklahoma liquor laws

i guess walkers and bikers are sol
    I'll mount my drink holder on the back of the seat post on my Trek and see what happens.

i'll just leave this here...

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    i'll just leave this here...

Imagine getting pulled over with a straw extending to your trunk.

Thread Information