Widgets Magazine
Page 79 of 87 FirstFirst ... 297475767778798081828384 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2161

Thread: Oklahoma liquor laws

Default Re: Oklahoma liquor laws

Well I'll be sneaking those cold ones on now. Cart girls are not going to make any money now.

2. Default Re: Oklahoma liquor laws

Many years ago when I worked for Kerr-McGee I was in Hooker Texas on an election day. I was stuck there with the biggest a-hole for a co-worker I have ever met and went to a bar connected to the motel just as soon as I could lose the guy. Only to find out they couldn’t serve alcohol. DAMN, the worst I’ve ever needed a beer and I couldn’t get one.

https://fox13now.com/2019/02/11/lds-...-beer-in-utah/

Will be interesting to see how Utah handles this compared to Oklahoma. They are now the last bastion of 3.2 beer.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    https://fox13now.com/2019/02/11/lds-...-beer-in-utah/

Will be interesting to see how Utah handles this compared to Oklahoma. They are now the last bastion of 3.2 beer.
    i thought Colorado, Kansas and Minnesota were still 3.2 in gas stations and grocery stores

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    i thought Colorado, Kansas and Minnesota were still 3.2 in gas stations and grocery stores
    Colorado and Kansas have repealed it. Minnesota still has it but their percentage of 3.2 beer sales is negligible at something like 4% or less of all beer sales.

The proposed Utah reform only increases the ABV limit for grocery and convenience stores to 4.8%, which is still very low. I have to say I'm pretty satisfied overall with Oklahoma's new laws.

Colorado and Kansas have repealed it. Minnesota still has it but their percentage of 3.2 beer sales is negligible at something like 4% or less of all beer sales.

The proposed Utah reform only increases the ABV limit for grocery and convenience stores to 4.8%, which is still very low. I have to say I'm pretty satisfied overall with Oklahoma's new laws.
    cool. thanks for the info

It actually increases it to 4.8 abW. Which is 6.01 ABV. Which covers almost all large scale domestic products

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    It actually increases it to 4.8 abW. Which is 6.01 ABV. Which covers almost all large scale domestic products
    i've never understood the ABW use in laws... like who measures alcohol this way in the past 90 years

I was forced to go to Chili's this past weekend with some folks and noticed on the Beer board they had the Domestics on their beer board still at 3.2%. Its a hand written chalk board with beer selections. made me wonder if its just old stock or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    I was forced to go to Chili's this past weekend with some folks and noticed on the Beer board they had the Domestics on their beer board still at 3.2%. Its a hand written chalk board with beer selections. made me wonder if its just old stock or what?
    very possible... i know of another place that is still getting 3.2 from their distributor, because they are getting an amazing deal on it, because the distributor apparently has old stock... Chili's might be doing something similar.

ahh that makes perfect sense. that they would get a good deal getting rid of that stock. I normally wouldn't pay much attention but when I saw the 3.2 listed I was like.. hmmmm

So, is it still true that you can only buy 2 beers at a time? And they have to open them for you? For the Golf Courses, this has to suck big time.

3.2 is still around in gas stations also, the other weekend my buddy grabbed a 24 pack of Busch gold tops and a couple beers in I looked at the can and noticed we were drinking 3.2.

Any word on when we are going to vote again to allow liquor store sales on Sunday?

14. Default Re: Oklahoma liquor laws

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeBurner View Post
    3.2 is still around in gas stations also, the other weekend my buddy grabbed a 24 pack of Busch gold tops and a couple beers in I looked at the can and noticed we were drinking 3.2.

Any word on when we are going to vote again to allow liquor store sales on Sunday?
    That is county by county. Not sure if it is even on the ballots coming up or not.

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeBurner View Post

I'm surprised places are still selling 3.2. Wasn't the reason most places were out of beer back in September was because a shortage of 3.2 availability?

Went to play Hefner Golf course this weekend. New law only allows 2 beers at purchase. Okay, so I pick the 24 ounce can of Coors and guy behind the counter says, You want to guess of the price of that? I said $6.00 he laughed and said $9.00 each and change. What the hell is going on? This is going to hurt them. Need to open a Marijuana Dispensary. Be cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by brian72 View Post
    Went to play Hefner Golf course this weekend. New law only allows 2 beers at purchase. Okay, so I pick the 24 ounce can of Coors and guy behind the counter says, You want to guess of the price of that? I said $6.00 he laughed and said $9.00 each and change. What the hell is going on? This is going to hurt them. Need to open a Marijuana Dispensary. Be cheaper
    well there is a higher tax rate on them now... but they are basically choosing to charge more, because they believe they can. if it ends up hurting them, that is on them for not adjusting their prices. while yes, the tax rate on the beer is higher... there was no need for them to up the price $3 per can. either they chose to make that choice, or their distributor did, and now they they are able to change distributors, if it's the later, then they need to do their due diligence and research and make sure they are getting the best price they can

That's a pretty standard cost for the 24oz beers at any sporting event or wherever I see them.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    That's a pretty standard cost for the 24oz beers at any sporting event or wherever I see them.
    I can see that price if I was watching NBA or MLB but a Municipal golf course. Wow

I'm sure they're selling it at this price point because they can (and people are paying it). It is high, although I wish I still had access to check the wholesale pricing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I'm sure they're selling it at this price point because they can (and people are paying it). It is high, although I wish I still had access to check the wholesale pricing right now.
    Guy at the register said there beer sales are in the tank. He's not setting the prices. Dollar general has 25 ounce Budweisers for 2.55 before tax. Don't they all get their Beer for the same distribution? I remember the Mansion of a house on Sooner and Britton rd. was Mr. Cresap and I thought he was over the Budweiser distribution back a few years.

Beer on the golf course has always been expensive. Cart girls roll up and a 12oz can is going to cost you 3 or 4 bucks.

Guy at the register said there beer sales are in the tank. He's not setting the prices. Dollar general has 25 ounce Budweisers for 2.55 before tax. Don't they all get their Beer for the same distribution? I remember the Mansion of a house on Sooner and Britton rd. was Mr. Cresap and I thought he was over the Budweiser distribution back a few years.
    They sold it several years ago. The beer distributor...not the house

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    They sold it several years ago. The beer distributor...not the house
    That's what I thought about him selling the distributorship. Worked for a Local window company that did his windows. David Giasson built the house and he was always on site, and one of the best builders in OKC at the time.

Has anybody noticed recently that a lot of beer brands, especially foreign imports, have disappeared from liquor store shelves? Grocery stores, in typical OKC fashion, mostly only sell the basics. I went to Byron's the other day because I wanted to try something new and was surprised how small their beer selection was.

Are these brands gone from Oklahoma permanently or is it just a temporary adjustment? What liquor stores currently have the best beer selection?

Thread Information