Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rococo

Default Re: Rococo Restaurant

Thought about going this past weekend, but Bella's is simple, delicious and has the bonus of being about half the drive time for us.
    Last edited by kevinpate; 01-10-2011 at 06:30 AM. Reason: left a word out

I went this weekend at the invitation of a friend. It's amazing how lazy I've gotten about driving "all the way up there". The decor was alright, but not to my taste. The service was terrible. But, I had their crabcake, which I've had at their more southerly location and I don't remember them using horseradish in it. This one had horseradish, something I'd only had in a crabcake in one other location....Austin, TX, which I agree is a weird place to order crabcakes, but I love them. I had seriously considered a trip to Austin just to have another one of those, and so it was a little bit of heaven to bit into the one at Rococo's and taste horseradish. My husband had chicken marsala, which I ordinarily don't care for, but it was excellent and one of the other people I was with had the spaghetti, which had enormous, and quite tasty, meatballs. So all in all, it was a good experience, but I'm going to check out the old Rococo's and see if the food is the same. If so, I'm not going to bother going north.

Wow! I like Rococo a lot as well as this building. We used to go often to the Penn location but it's just not convenient enough now that we have 3 kids.

We have a serious Italian Mile on Western now. Flip's, Osteria, The Wedge, Upper Crust and now this.

I think this will be a great move for them. Also a great addition to Western. I always thought the barrel left something to be desired.

This will be a major investment into that building. Brian Fitzsimmons does fantastic work and this is an ambitious plan.

I'll be sad to see the Penn location go to private events because I love that space and used to go a lot when it was Tony's Italian Specialties. But it makes tremendous business sense and will be a perfect addition to Western.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ...I'll be sad to see the Penn location go to private events because I love that space and used to go a lot when it was Tony's Italian Specialties. But it makes tremendous business sense and will be a perfect addition to Western.
    We used to go to Tony's too, also sad to see it not be available to the public, but we're about the same distance from it as from the Barrel, so we'll just go to the new place. Barrel's breakfast was really good, bummed when they went poof, but this is an acceptable substitute.

I am sure it will do amazing there. I am also sad to see the penn location change.. I use to go to Tonys most Friday evenings and would end up sitting with Tony and Chris after hours and drink wine. that place has a soft spot in my heart for sure.

Default Re: Rococo

Rococo has started work on their new N. Western location.

New Western location coming along:

Rococo has opened on Western:

Had brunch there today (fried mushrooms (which kick the crap out of Hideaway's), baked eggs, western omelet), and it was all great, actually better than The Barrel's, we're going back there to try probably almost all their other brunch entrees. The decor is also great, brighter, livelier, and more elegant than The Barrel's. Music selection was funk/soul, long version of Papa Was A Rollin' Stone was nice to hear.

Thread Information