Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 44 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 News and Information

Default Covid-19 News and Information

I closed the other threads on Covid-19 because there is way too much disinformation and lashing out at others.

Everyone's opinions on this subject are by now very well known, so no need to keep interjecting your hot take.

From this point forward, only new information from credible sources (NO social media, tabloids, blogs, etc.) will be allowed, along with legitimate questions people may have about the disease, vaccination, testing, etc.

Everything else will be deleted and the poster banned.

Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

3,274 new cases today; last several Thursdays: 4,152; 2,502; 2,468; 2,342; 1,806; 1,203; 705.

7-day rolling average now 2,671.

Compared to same period last week, new cases are +660.

Hospitalizations are 1,581 (+15).

ICU is 448 (+7).

Stillwater Mayor Declares State of Emergency Due to Medical Health of the Community:

http://stillwater.org/news/view/id/7...p2Y6Hcv8N6wj8A

This comes after 12 were on hold in ER on Wednesday.

Edmond Schools announces mask mandate:

https://okcfox.com/news/local/edmond...%20in%20groups.

3,080 new cases today. Last several Fridays: 3,338; 2,851; 2,814; 2,303; 1,777; 1,194; 750.

7-day rolling average 2,634.

Hospitalizations are 1,589 (+8).

ICU is 447 (-1).

Week over week numbers:

New cases: 18,438 (+402).

Deaths: 218 (+101).

Hospitalizations: +24.

ICU +22.

(No Social Media posts. If you want to include that information, go to the source and post that info/link without adding your own editorial comments. Otherwise, this gets us right back to people posting all types of random stuff. ~Pete)

Sorry. Might be late to the party but why are numbers not updated over the weekend and holidays?

Quote Originally Posted by Outhunder View Post
    Sorry. Might be late to the party but why are numbers not updated over the weekend and holidays?
    The state stopped reporting over those days once the numbers went down and they haven't gone back to daily reports since.

They also stopped the Executive Reports which had more detail.

That’s too bad. It makes it seem as Covid is a weekly (mon-fri) event thus people let their guard down over the weekend.

Cases in the OKC metro actually decreased this week. Could be a blip, and with Labor Day throwing off reporting we won't know for sure until late next week.

https://occhd2.maps.arcgis.com/apps/...db9678f4d33cc9 (click on the "trends" button on the bottom)

Researchers see huge increase in virus that causes COVID-19 in Oklahoma's wastewater, no slowing down yet

Through the tracking of wastewater, public health officials have a window into where and how much COVID-19 is spreading in the community. It can predict surges about a week before case counts increase, because it doesn’t rely on individual people developing symptoms and seeking out tests.

(No more opinions and calling out posters. ~Pete)

10,073 new cases for the long weekend. That's +527 from the same period the week before.

7-day rolling average 2,347.

Hospitalizations are 1,518 (-71).

ICU is 422 (-25).

16. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

I was looking at the hospital bed reports on the Dept of Health website. not looking good as far as ICU beds. Of the 9 regions 5 have no available beds and one has only one. Seems like the most are available in Tulsa. Most of the state is in the orange category. I was thinking that low or no ICU beds was a trigger for areas to go into the red. Anyone know anything more about this?

Also I am hoping that we dont see a huge jump in number of cases due to 1. lag in testing due to holiday weekend, 2. people doing stupid things. With the waste water reporting an up tick in virus in waste water, I hate to think about the numbers in the next week or so. I'll just stay home as much as possible. Well I've been doing that but will be limiting my going out so much more so.

Blog Entries

Was in Dallas this weekend. By in large there was a much greater respect for masking than here. It seemed less so in Allen, Frisco, and other outlying areas.

Ops I forgot to check the risk level map. I thought it came out on Weds. It does show all but one county as high or in the red. things NOT looking up for us right now in Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Was in Dallas this weekend. By in large there was a much greater respect for masking than here. It seemed less so in Allen, Frisco, and other outlying areas.
    Yup, it really just depends where you are. There’s huge variation across DFW.

COVID-19 live updates: About 1 in 500 Americans has died from virus

Among other news - over 250,000 pediatric cases reported last week, highest ever (it's 300 times the weekly number in June and over 25% of *all* cases). And the rate of pediatric hospital admissions are up 600% since July 4.

1,310 new cases today; 7-day rolling average is down to 2,066.

Compared to the same week-to-date numbers last week, new cases are -701.

Hospitalizations are 1,511 (-7).

ICU is 420 (-2).

That's interesting considering Collin County (Frisco and Allen) is 56% fully vaxxed compared to Dallas County at just 48%. Oklahoma County is at 51%.

However, I have noticed more masking in the urban core than in the burbs such as Norman, Edmond, and Moore. Shopping in the Target last week in Moore was abysmal, but that's not surprising considering they never had a mask mandate at all throughout the pandemic. On the flip side of that, I'd say 80-90% of people shopping in the new Homeland on Lincoln and 36th were masked up last Friday afternoon/evening.

Anecdotal but on a recent visit back to Denver I noticed very few people wearing masks compared to when there was a mandate last year and into the spring. The vaccine rates in Denver are high though at 75% so that could be part of it.

On a recent trip to California mask wearing was still prevalent even with high vaccination rates

Thread Information