Widgets Magazine
Page 46 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1533

Thread: Oklahoma City, In the Press

1. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

Comcast is the single overriding vendor in the Denver area though others are available such as CenturyLink. In my suburb of Denver, the city is having Ting Fiber Optic lines installed into the neighborhoods and should be available in a few months which should pretty much eliminate XFINITY's stranglehold.

Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

With the 5G rollout, a year from now none of this list will make much difference (as the article itself says). Cox is in trouble as they are stuck with cable for internet delivery to the home. Real 5G will mean our top providers in the home will be the same for our mobile. Huge disruption coming and I’m not sure Cox and a few of the other minor players will survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blue Sky View Post
    With the 5G rollout, a year from now none of this list will make much difference (as the article itself says). Cox is in trouble as they are stuck with cable for internet delivery to the home. Real 5G will mean our top providers in the home will be the same for our mobile. Huge disruption coming and I’m not sure Cox and a few of the other minor players will survive.
    this is a massive overstatement ..

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blue Sky View Post
    It remains to be seen how much 5G will disrupt things. The 5G rollout will take time and money for starters and you can bet they will make customers eat the costs with expensive data plans and caps. I would argue that a lot of customers would love to dump Cox now if it wasn't for data cap limitations and expensive cell phone bills.

If they increase the flowrate of my pipe, but still only give me x amount of data before throttling me down, 5G does nothing for me except for making me more happy, but only for one quarter to one half of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    It remains to be seen how much 5G will disrupt things. The 5G rollout will take time and money for starters and you can bet they will make customers eat the costs with expensive data plans and caps. I would argue that a lot of customers would love to dump Cox now if it wasn't for data cap limitations and expensive cell phone bills.

If they increase the flowrate of my pipe, but still only give me x amount of data before throttling me down, 5G does nothing for me except for making me more happy, but only for one quarter to one half of the month.
    this is well said ..

also true 5g speeds are still several years away ..

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    this is well said ..

also true 5g speeds are still several years away ..
    More BS (Boulder Sooner) one-line pronouncements that are almost never correct. It’s all opinion - all the time, but stated as fact by BS.

Facts —
    https://www.tomsguide.com/us/5g-rele...view-5063.html
    https://www.pcmag.com/news/368728/t-...re-encouraging
    https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/3/18...merger-verizon

Good UK perspective — https://www.pocket-lint.com/phones/n...-do-we-need-it

But... the Tom’s Guide story by Caitlin McGary (who I know is a good reporter) basically says that 5g will be available on phones costing more than $1000 in 15-20 cities in the next year, year and a half.

That is hilarious. I love the tin foil hats.

Fantastic reason to make the news

Great article about Scissortail Park: https://www.citylab.com/design/2019/...ps-tax/599701/

12. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

Best city in North America to do business!

https://product.costar.com/home/news/shared/2116409908?

Quote Originally Posted by fromdust View Post

That’s a bit misleading. The article states “easiest city to do business in for medium to small sized businesses.”

14. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

Thanks for the much-needed clarification, Josh.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Must not have talked to people on this board jkjk! I enjoy OKC. Is it perfect? No. But they are trying to improve, which is more than a lot of cities.

I do have to give it them, OKC does seem to be responsive in trying to improve itself and not stick to the status quo in many regards. I love how responsive mayor holt is. Try even talking to Mayor Garcetti... you might end up in hand cuffs. LOL.

A major thing is beautification. I couldn’t believe how beautiful Denver was and that wasn’t just the mountains, but their freeways were very nice(they need to be wider but still), Phoenix, Salt Lake City, and Dallas should be go to cities on key tips for beautification.

I do have to give it them, OKC does seem to be responsive in trying to improve itself and not stick to the status quo in many regards. I love how responsive mayor holt is. Try even talking to Mayor Garcetti... you might end up in hand cuffs. LOL.

A major thing is beautification. I couldn’t believe how beautiful Denver was and that wasn’t just the mountains, but their freeways were very nice(they need to be wider but still), Phoenix, Salt Lake City, and Dallas should be go to cities on key tips for beautification.
    Dude....we just can't do ALL of it ALL the time.

There's a billion ways to improve the city, but you attack them the same way you eat an elephant

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Dude....we just can't do ALL of it ALL the time.

There's a billion ways to improve the city, but you attack them the same way you eat an elephant
    Seems to me that's exactly what MAPS has always tried to do. Pick some things we can actually do and have a way to pay for them. Measured action to accomplish things within our grasp and capabilities that try to elevate us to a status we would like to be at to accomplish good things for all our citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Seems to me that's exactly what MAPS has always tried to do. Pick some things we can actually do and have a way to pay for them. Measured action to accomplish things within our grasp and capabilities that try to elevate us to a status we would like to be at to accomplish good things for all our citizens.
    A bite at a time

I bet the situation is even worse with Kansas and some other states.

Quote Originally Posted by fromdust View Post

Tulsa needs to get on the ball for Oklahoma. It's not even on the list.

KGOU reporting via State Impact that syphilis rate in newborns exploding in Oklahoma, up 283% since 2014. This follows previous reports from CDC about climbing STD infections in Oklahoma.

Thread Information