Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 59 12345651 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City, In the Press

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Post Oklahoma City, In the Press

Hi Everyone.

I think it might be time to create a thread that captures all of the press that our fine city is generating. Please used this thread to capture all press releases involving Oklahoma City and it's Renaissance.

With this thread, we can have a ready archive of articles, films, and reports of our city's progress and what the press has reported.

Enjoy!
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

2. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

I'll go ahead and begin with a video I found from Corpus Christi, TX. Their city leadership took a CoC trip to Oklahoma City in October 2010 to learn about OKC's Renaissance and determine if there could be takeaways that they could apply to their city.

http://www.kiiitv.com/news/local/Cor...104542809.html

3. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    I'll go ahead and begin with a video I found from Corpus Christi, TX. Their city leadership took a CoC trip to Oklahoma City in October 2010 to learn about OKC's Renaissance and determine if there could be takeaways that they could apply to their city.

http://www.kiiitv.com/news/local/Cor...104542809.html
    Thanks for that video link, Hot Rod. Since I was a kid, Corpus has been my most favorite place to be. My ashes will probably be in the Gulf off of Padre Island some day. I love that area and if I weren't living here, that would be my choice of places to live.

Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

Most affordable city in the United States!

http://www.forbes.com/2010/10/28/aff..._slide_11.html

5. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

Here is the newsprint article from Topeka, where their city leaders came to OKC to get ideas on revitalizing their downtown. I had posted this before, but am archiving it here in the Oklahoma City in the Press mega-thread.

http://cjonline.com/news/local/2010-...es_off_for_okc

6. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

Great ranking and wonderful skyline pic they used!

7. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

Good idea to consolidate these stories here. Will be a great way to go back and look.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

8. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

Hey Hot Rod, Good idea on the thread. I'd like to see the Corpus video but the link is dead. Is it typed correctly? Thanks.

9. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOKC View Post
    Hey Hot Rod, Good idea on the thread. I'd like to see the Corpus video but the link is dead. Is it typed correctly? Thanks.
    Initially I said that I just tried the link and it worked ... but I mistakenly went to the Topeka link which has no video. I'm having the same problem with the Corpus link you described. I'll see if I can located it another way because it's a very nice video.

On edit: the tv station's home page is http://www.kiiitv.com/ but when going there and searching for Oklahoma City nothing about the group of Corpus business and officials visit to Okc turned up. It doesn't look like the station keeps a very big archive of such things.

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner View Post
    I doubt anyone was looking at our downtown while listening to that story.

12. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

very weird, Mike. I just tried and now their whole site is down.

Give them a day or so, maybe they are just experiencing some problems.

I hope Corpus Christi is OK. ..

OKC ranked #2 in private sector job growth (by percent growth; #9 in raw growth) among the 100 largest markets from Sept. 2009 to Sept. 2010. See article here

14. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

Doug, Im not sure what their deal is. I too tried to find it and did a Bing Search with the exact title - the link came up but it didn't work. Maybe they are doing mtc or maybe the tv station doesn't keep stories too long. Considering the even just took place a month ago, I find this a little difficult to believe, however.

Maybe is somebody has time to write the station to inquire about the story or get them to host it on Youtube. The title was "Corpus Christi Leaders travel to Oklahoma City", and it does show up in the search engines but the link at the station is dead.

I thought Del Reno was just a space saver way to talk about the Del Rancho in El Reno.
    Then I 'membered thar warn't one.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    I thought Del Reno was just a space saver way to talk about the Del Rancho in El Reno.
    Then I 'membered thar warn't one.
    I thought that was a side street off of Reno through Del City...

17. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

thanks Doug,

followup with adaniel, here is a very nice newsok film from OKC Central: "Forbes ranks OKC No. 1 affordable city in U.S."

http://www.newsok.com/okc-central-fo...#ixzz14GoJuoYu

18. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

do you all think we should sticky this thread?

It is not everyday that we get press releases about OKC, even though lately they have been coming. I just dont want the idea to get lost if people can't find this mega-thread.

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    do you all think we should sticky this thread?

It is not everyday that we get press releases about OKC, even though lately they have been coming. I just dont want the idea to get lost if people can't find this mega-thread.
    Good idea, but i wouldn't call it mega just yet

I second this being a sticky thread.

21. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

well, I said mega thread because the topic is a continuous one, whereas most threads just drop off after the topic loses steam or interest.

I would expect this 'mega' thread should keep going and going, but if not a sticky it might get buried and maybe not found if people don't post media releases into it. We've all posted one liner threads before with press releases, and they came and went. I hope this one is always here, always front - so that all media releases could be in one place, and archived. So we all can be proud of OKC's accomplishments (and learn from legitimate/constructive criticisms) and have a single place to review.

22. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

The sticky is a good idea.

Newsweek: Cities poised for recovery - http://www.newsweek.com/2010/11/08/t...-recovery.html

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyCornett View Post
    Newsweek: Cities poised for recovery - http://www.newsweek.com/2010/11/08/t...-recovery.html
    LOL,One poster comments on how OKC's largest employers are Tinker and Fast Food!WOW really!Good article and great find Casey!

Thread Information