Widgets Magazine
Page 54 of 62 FirstFirst ... 44950515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1533

Thread: Oklahoma City, In the Press

Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

Very cool! Congratulations on the great publicity.

2. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

very nice!!

would be really nice if the local OKC media would highlight and showcase Oklahoma City companies and rising talent.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

4. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

Cafe Kacao and Hall's PK made the cut:

https://www.yelp.com/article/yelps-t...staurants-2022

97th most loved destination in the world: https://www.sentiment-index.com/most-loved

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    97th most loved destination in the world: https://www.sentiment-index.com/most-loved
    At first impression, being near the bottom looks far from impressive until you consider only around 24 of the 100 most loved destinations are from the U. S.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    At first impression, being near the bottom looks far from impressive until you consider only around 24 of the 100 most loved destinations are from the U. S.
    Not really. Don’t discount the weight that we’re behind Colorado Springs. I’ve spent some time there. There’s more James Dobson fanatics there than any place has a right to. I didn’t know who the guy was but he definitely has a lot of followers there. And they can be pretty nasty

I glanced at the list and noticed OKC was above a place like Pensacola FL. I know Pensacola isn't the main place people think when going to Florida, but it's a much better destination than OKC. Hard for me to take a list like that seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    I glanced at the list and noticed OKC was above a place like Pensacola FL. I know Pensacola isn't the main place people think when going to Florida, but it's a much better destination than OKC. Hard for me to take a list like that seriously.
    Pensacola isn't as great as you think it is, IMO. It is a skidmark on Florida. Super busy a couple weeks a year during Spring break, and then really nothing else. It has a beach, and that's it. If that is your only criteria, then OKC will never measure up to Coos Bay, Oregon.

OKC exceeds so many people's expectations, hence why it ranks so huge on this list.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Pensacola isn't as great as you think it is, IMO. It is a skidmark on Florida. Super busy a couple weeks a year during Spring break, and then really nothing else. It has a beach, and that's it. If that is your only criteria, then OKC will never measure up to Coos Bay, Oregon.

OKC exceeds so many people's expectations, hence why it ranks so huge on this list.
    I thought coos bay was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I thought coos bay was nice.
    It is (Spent every summer growing up there visiting family), but it isn't Oklahoma City. Neither is Pensacola.

12. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    Honestly, Pensacola is a dump. They don't call it the Redneck Riviera for no reason.

Best thing in Pensacola is the Navy (Blue Angels) museum. Worth a visit.

In the January 20th edition of the Joe Rogan Experience, the state was mentioned in a negative manner from a news report mentioned in the podcast. Both JR and his guest responded by stating they had been to OKC and thought it was a nice city.
    I just thought it was cool that OKC had a small recommendation in the country's largest podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post

Exactly why I said what I did. It's not that great, and maybe one of the worst beach towns to visit, and I can't imagine many people picking OKC over that. Obviously some would, but most would take a crappy beach over OKC any day.

I'm not meaning this to be a knock on either, I just think the list is bogus. I've lived here most of my life and I enjoy it and talk it up all the time. It's not a great vacation place IMO, just a place with some nice things to experience if you happened to be passing through, coming for work, or lived in a state nearby as a quick getaway.

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    Honestly, Pensacola is a dump. They don't call it the Redneck Riviera for no reason.
    Wasn't even remotely a dump in my experience.

17. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

MacAllen TX 65. Scratches head.

would love to know what was their rating criteria. Anyway, OKC was on the list.

Conde Nast Traveler lauds OKC as a burgeoning LGBTQ destination. Didn’t mention our LGBTQ councilman, but nice pub for OKC.

https://www.cntraveler.com/story/okl...ej60tL7pDepswM

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Conde Nast Traveler lauds OKC as a burgeoning LGBTQ destination. Didn’t mention our LGBTQ councilman, but nice pub for OKC.

https://www.cntraveler.com/story/okl...ej60tL7pDepswM
    Really shows our city's diversity and inclusive community. Good article Soonerguru, thanks for sharing.

Blog Entries

nevermind, error

OKC NAMED AMONG 'FIVE CITIES EMERGING AS FUTURE HUBS FOR LIFE SCIENCES DEVELOPMENT'

https://www.velocityokc.com/blog/ins...ack=super_blog

22. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

Pretty . . .
    Pretty . . .
    Pretty . . .
    Pretty Good.

https://www.bls.gov/web/laus/laumstrk.htm

One of the contestants on the Bachelor is from OKC and they visited the city on the show. It was hard to tell what time of year they visited, but I think it was around Christmas because the weather appeared warm and the B-roll footage showed the Convention Center and Omni lit in red/green. They had a scene at Wheeler Park and also visited the Riversport climbing course. The only dumb thing they did was play hokey country music during footage on the intro to OKC.

That contestant ended up getting sent home later in the episode.

24. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

^ probably because of the hokey Country Music.

Thought this was a cool video

Thread Information