Widgets Magazine
Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6515253545556575859 LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1533

Thread: Oklahoma City, In the Press

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    OU's meteorology program could be included in that short list, I believe.
    I think she was talking about private schools.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    OU's meteorology program could be included in that short list, I believe.
    Also rates very, very high in petroleum engineering.

I think the question of diversifying away from O&G is whether or not our banks have learned how to manage exposure throughout the cycle (i.e. not having much exposure when oil falls off a cliff). It certainly seems like we managed that better in the 2008-2014 cycle than we did before the 80s bust.

I really wish we could take a huge step in the aerospace segment.

5. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

I would hope that Oklahoma City would be highly ranked among state capitals, since most of them are not really playing on the same tier as OKC is. Nobody is really busting down the doors to visit Pierre, Jeff City, or Springfield IL.

(also lol WalletHub)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott5114 View Post
    I would hope that Oklahoma City would be highly ranked among state capitals, since most of them are not really playing on the same tier as OKC is. Nobody is really busting down the doors to visit Pierre, Jeff City, or Springfield IL.

(also lol WalletHub)
    Funny thing is I’m almost certain it was WalletHub or another similar that just ranked OKC as one of the worst Capitol cities. I saw that a couple months ago.

Somehow I'd missed this article in Forbes. https://www.forbes.com/sites/wendyal...EqdWO3tNatMVHg It's really impressive how much of it is centered around offerings in the First National.

8. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

Quote Originally Posted by Decious View Post
    +1 for THIS. Done well and puts OKC in a positive light. They way this is put together hits a completely demographic than a weekly 30 minute TV program like Discover Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    +1 for THIS. Done well and puts OKC in a positive light. They way this is put together hits a completely demographic than a weekly 30 minute TV program like Discover Oklahoma.
    Discover Oklahoma with the former Miss Oklahoma is the Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom of old shows. I'll wait in the truck while Jack hunts for rednecked prairie dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    Discover Oklahoma with the former Miss Oklahoma is the Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom of old shows. I'll wait in the truck while Jack hunts for rednecked prairie dogs.
    Former Miss America, actually. We've found some cool new places to go and eat through the show, and we're pretty up-to-date and knowledgeable about what's going on, so we've been surprised that the show has given us a heads-up on some things we didn't know about.

I’m surprised the Chamber didn’t put them up in the Omni or FNC. Bit of a missed opportunity imo

Quote Originally Posted by Decious View Post
    Pretty decent video, will watch their other OK videos later, knew about all the things/places they went, but reminded us that we need to walk around Scissortail Park, haven't really done that in depth yet. The big thing I want to know is what time they went to Cafe Kacao, they're *never* that empty when we try to go, lol! I'm guessing a weekday afternoon about 2:00 is ideal, actually...

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    Somehow I'd missed this article in Forbes. https://www.forbes.com/sites/wendyal...EqdWO3tNatMVHg It's really impressive how much of it is centered around offerings in the First National.
    I would hazard a guess that the author was hosted by the chamber of commerce and went where they wanted to go and would pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    I would hazard a guess that the author was hosted by the chamber of commerce and went where they wanted to go and would pay for.
    Yes this one reads like a junket for the hotel.

16. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    nm
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Have not read all of this yet, it's pretty long, but looks like a great article, and hopefully not too political to be deleted...

Does The Mayor Of Oklahoma City Provide A Post-Trump Road Map For Republicans?

James Beard semifinalists announced recently and Grey Sweater chef and Ma der Lao Kitchen chef made the cut. Frida made the cut for their wine and beverage program.
    Otherwise, pretty slim pickings for this part of the country which lists OK as part of their southwest region in the competition.

Blog Entries

James Beard semifinalists announced recently and Grey Sweater chef and Ma der Lao Kitchen chef made the cut. Frida made the cut for their wine and beverage program.
    Otherwise, pretty slim pickings for this part of the country which lists OK as part of their southwest region in the competition.
    Not exactly

Outstanding Restaurateur:
    Johnna Hayes and Debra Zinke, 3 Sirens Restaurant Group (Bird & Bottle, Holé Molé, Shakey Jakes, and others), Tulsa, OK

Best New Restaurant
    Et Al., Tulsa, OK

Outstanding Hospitality
    SMOKE. Woodfire Grill, Tulsa, OK

Outstanding Bar
    American Solera, Tulsa, OK

Best Chef: Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, OK)
    Ben Alexander, Mr. Kims, Tulsa, OK
    Lisa Becklund, FarmBar, Tulsa, OK
    Paul Wilson, Boston Title & Abstract, Tulsa, OK

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    Not exactly

Outstanding Restaurateur:
    Johnna Hayes and Debra Zinke, 3 Sirens Restaurant Group (Bird & Bottle, Holé Molé, Shakey Jakes, and others), Tulsa, OK

Best New Restaurant
    Et Al., Tulsa, OK

Outstanding Hospitality
    SMOKE. Woodfire Grill, Tulsa, OK

Outstanding Bar
    American Solera, Tulsa, OK

Best Chef: Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, OK)
    Ben Alexander, Mr. Kims, Tulsa, OK
    Lisa Becklund, FarmBar, Tulsa, OK
    Paul Wilson, Boston Title & Abstract, Tulsa, OK
    I didn't think to include Tulsa since it was an OKC thread but yes, those look nice. I never go to Tulsa because it's a long drive from OKC (100 miles away!)

I didn't think to include Tulsa since it was an OKC thread but yes, those look nice. I never go to Tulsa because it's a long drive from OKC (100 miles away!)
    100 miles is worth it for Tulsa. I do enjoy their coffee scene, and all of the places on Cherry street are good stops. Then you can't go wrong for a walk through the Gathering Place. There is a new place in Sapulpa that is pretty popular I hear that I would like to try.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    100 miles is worth it for Tulsa. I do enjoy their coffee scene, and all of the places on Cherry street are good stops. Then you can't go wrong for a walk through the Gathering Place. There is a new place in Sapulpa that is pretty popular I hear that I would like to try.
    I drive to Tulsa once or twice a month, and its really not that bad. I do day trips all the time. But I'm from Sapulpa and I'm curious what new place you're talking about.

I make this drive almost weekly and forget that people think it’s long LOL. You should definitely make the trip, would be a fun weekend getaway.

Apparently OKC sucks when it comes to these things.

Mayor Holt had an opinion piece today in the Dallas Morning News:

The political middle is getting things done in OKC

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/c...s-done-in-okc/

Thread Information