Widgets Magazine
Page 53 of 62 FirstFirst ... 34849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1527

Thread: Oklahoma City, In the Press

Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

It’s like that in California too. Huge population equals higher demand for vaccines.

2. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

First, we were talking about the utilities and the winter storm, not vaccinations.

Second, there is nowhere in the country except Lake Charles, LA that has experienced more disaster damage the last couple of years. It's a massive system to manage. It went back to normal operation as of the 21st of February per the Houston Chronicle.

Third, Texas rates are low, due to the interruption of the winter storm. If it were not for that, Texas would be in a better place.

Give it time. Be positive.

3. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

OKC is about to get $125,000,000 from the COVID relief bill President Biden signed last week. I don’t know much about this money and what it can be used for, but I read there’s an open question as to whether it can be used to replace lost tax revenue.

Is anyone better informed on what this money can be used for? It’s a nice chunk of money. I’m sure some will go to city operations, but I wonder if some could go to MAPs projects.

Long ways to go if OKC ever really wants to compete with Abq, Atlanta, NY, or LA

I’ve never really thought of ABQ all that more desirable than OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    OKC is about to get $125,000,000 from the COVID relief bill President Biden signed last week. I don’t know much about this money and what it can be used for, but I read there’s an open question as to whether it can be used to replace lost tax revenue.

Is anyone better informed on what this money can be used for? It’s a nice chunk of money. I’m sure some will go to city operations, but I wonder if some could go to MAPs projects.
    Where did you see that reported? I want to know how much Norman will get.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Long ways to go if OKC ever really wants to compete with Abq, Atlanta, NY, or LA
    Abq doesn't fit in a list with Atlanta, NY and LA. It has great Mexican food though. We will never compete well with that.

9. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Abq doesn't fit in a list with Atlanta, NY and LA. It has great Mexican food though. We will never compete well with that.
    Albuquerque? Phoenix, yes, but Albuquerque? Lol.

10. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

Albuquerque is the only place discussed I would remotely want to live in.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Albuquerque? Phoenix, yes, but Albuquerque? Lol.
    Phoenix has way more chain restaurants and trendy type places. Albuquerque more authentic.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Nice to see OKC show up, especially since our outdoor art isn’t necessarily traditional.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    I lived in Albuquerque for a year. The only things Albuquerque has over OKC is the food and the year round climate.

Quote Originally Posted by billokc View Post
    I lived in Albuquerque for a year. The only things Albuquerque has over OKC is the food and the year round climate.
    I would have to include Sandia and the opportunity of downhill skiing and other related activities.

16. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

You can ski at the carpet their putting in by the whitewater park.

Quote Originally Posted by billokc View Post
    What do you mean by year round climate?

Blog Entries

What do you mean by year round climate?
    Even when it is hot in Albuquerque it is comfortable because of the low humidity. In fact, evenings can be chilly even at 80 degrees. And winter doesn’t get and stay cold. Very moderate with lots of sunshine.

Even when it is hot in Albuquerque it is comfortable because of the low humidity. In fact, evenings can be chilly even at 80 degrees. And winter doesn’t get and stay cold. Very moderate with lots of sunshine.
    It often gets VERY cold in Albuquerque during certain times of the winter.

By average, OKC is rather mild in the winters compared to much of the inland country. It’s just the cold snaps that screw everything up.

Blog Entries

It often gets VERY cold in Albuquerque during certain times of the winter.

By average, OKC is rather mild in the winters compared to much of the inland country. It’s just the cold snaps that screw everything up.
    Yeah, Albuquerque is About 2 degrees colder in Jan and Feb and OKC about 2 degrees hotter in July and Aug. but humidity much better in Albuquerque

Yeah, Albuquerque is About 2 degrees colder in Jan and Feb and OKC about 2 degrees hotter in July and Aug. but humidity much better in Albuquerque
    And I thought humidity was bad in OKC until I spent some time in Houston LOL. But yeah OKC can be quite humid at times.

I gotta say, I need to explore it more, but I am just not a huge fan of Albuquerque. New Mexico in general seems to have no concept of customer service. Albuquerque has a cool area by the rio grande with several awesome museums and a cool district by the college east of downtown but other than that I much prefer OKC. OkDOT could take a hint and look to the I-40/I25 interchange for a good design. I also don’t see the big deal about their food scene but maybe I’m not at the right areas.

22. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

This is an article in Lifewire (tech news site) about my game studio, but it really focuses on game development and creativity in OKC, painting a great light on the city.

https://www.lifewire.com/leveling-up-in-okc-5200950

Quote Originally Posted by GoldFire View Post
    This is an article in Lifewire (tech news site) about my game studio, but it really focuses on game development and creativity in OKC, painting a great light on the city.

https://www.lifewire.com/leveling-up-in-okc-5200950
    Wow. What a great article and ambassador for our city!

Quote Originally Posted by kzizok View Post
    Wow. What a great article and ambassador for our city!

^^^^^ awesome!!!

Thread Information