Widgets Magazine
Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1187
  1. #1126

    Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    Comcast is the single overriding vendor in the Denver area though others are available such as CenturyLink. In my suburb of Denver, the city is having Ting Fiber Optic lines installed into the neighborhoods and should be available in a few months which should pretty much eliminate XFINITY's stranglehold.

  2. #1127

    Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    With the 5G rollout, a year from now none of this list will make much difference (as the article itself says). Cox is in trouble as they are stuck with cable for internet delivery to the home. Real 5G will mean our top providers in the home will be the same for our mobile. Huge disruption coming and I’m not sure Cox and a few of the other minor players will survive.

  3. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blue Sky View Post
    With the 5G rollout, a year from now none of this list will make much difference (as the article itself says). Cox is in trouble as they are stuck with cable for internet delivery to the home. Real 5G will mean our top providers in the home will be the same for our mobile. Huge disruption coming and I’m not sure Cox and a few of the other minor players will survive.
    this is a massive overstatement ..

  4. #1129

    Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blue Sky View Post
    With the 5G rollout, a year from now none of this list will make much difference (as the article itself says). Cox is in trouble as they are stuck with cable for internet delivery to the home. Real 5G will mean our top providers in the home will be the same for our mobile. Huge disruption coming and I’m not sure Cox and a few of the other minor players will survive.
    It remains to be seen how much 5G will disrupt things. The 5G rollout will take time and money for starters and you can bet they will make customers eat the costs with expensive data plans and caps. I would argue that a lot of customers would love to dump Cox now if it wasn't for data cap limitations and expensive cell phone bills.

    If they increase the flowrate of my pipe, but still only give me x amount of data before throttling me down, 5G does nothing for me except for making me more happy, but only for one quarter to one half of the month.

  5. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    It remains to be seen how much 5G will disrupt things. The 5G rollout will take time and money for starters and you can bet they will make customers eat the costs with expensive data plans and caps. I would argue that a lot of customers would love to dump Cox now if it wasn't for data cap limitations and expensive cell phone bills.

    If they increase the flowrate of my pipe, but still only give me x amount of data before throttling me down, 5G does nothing for me except for making me more happy, but only for one quarter to one half of the month.
    this is well said ..

    also true 5g speeds are still several years away ..

  6. #1131

    Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    this is well said ..

    also true 5g speeds are still several years away ..
    More BS (Boulder Sooner) one-line pronouncements that are almost never correct. It’s all opinion - all the time, but stated as fact by BS.

    Facts —
    https://www.tomsguide.com/us/5g-rele...view-5063.html
    https://www.pcmag.com/news/368728/t-...re-encouraging
    https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/3/18...merger-verizon

    Good UK perspective — https://www.pocket-lint.com/phones/n...-do-we-need-it

  7. #1132

    Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    But... the Tom’s Guide story by Caitlin McGary (who I know is a good reporter) basically says that 5g will be available on phones costing more than $1000 in 15-20 cities in the next year, year and a half.


  8. #1134

    Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    That is hilarious. I love the tin foil hats.

  9. #1135

    Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    Fantastic reason to make the news

  10. #1136

    Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    Great article about Scissortail Park: https://www.citylab.com/design/2019/...ps-tax/599701/

  11. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    Best city in North America to do business!

    https://product.costar.com/home/news/shared/2116409908?

  12. #1138

    Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    Quote Originally Posted by fromdust View Post
    Best city in North America to do business!

    https://product.costar.com/home/news/shared/2116409908?
    That’s a bit misleading. The article states “easiest city to do business in for medium to small sized businesses.”

  13. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    Thanks for the much-needed clarification, Josh.

  14. #1140

  15. #1141

  16. #1142

    Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Must not have talked to people on this board jkjk! I enjoy OKC. Is it perfect? No. But they are trying to improve, which is more than a lot of cities.

  17. #1143

    Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    I do have to give it them, OKC does seem to be responsive in trying to improve itself and not stick to the status quo in many regards. I love how responsive mayor holt is. Try even talking to Mayor Garcetti... you might end up in hand cuffs. LOL.

    A major thing is beautification. I couldn’t believe how beautiful Denver was and that wasn’t just the mountains, but their freeways were very nice(they need to be wider but still), Phoenix, Salt Lake City, and Dallas should be go to cities on key tips for beautification.

  18. #1144

    Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I do have to give it them, OKC does seem to be responsive in trying to improve itself and not stick to the status quo in many regards. I love how responsive mayor holt is. Try even talking to Mayor Garcetti... you might end up in hand cuffs. LOL.

    A major thing is beautification. I couldn’t believe how beautiful Denver was and that wasn’t just the mountains, but their freeways were very nice(they need to be wider but still), Phoenix, Salt Lake City, and Dallas should be go to cities on key tips for beautification.
    Dude....we just can't do ALL of it ALL the time.

    There's a billion ways to improve the city, but you attack them the same way you eat an elephant

  19. #1145
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,274
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Dude....we just can't do ALL of it ALL the time.

    There's a billion ways to improve the city, but you attack them the same way you eat an elephant
    Seems to me that's exactly what MAPS has always tried to do. Pick some things we can actually do and have a way to pay for them. Measured action to accomplish things within our grasp and capabilities that try to elevate us to a status we would like to be at to accomplish good things for all our citizens.

  20. #1146

    Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Seems to me that's exactly what MAPS has always tried to do. Pick some things we can actually do and have a way to pay for them. Measured action to accomplish things within our grasp and capabilities that try to elevate us to a status we would like to be at to accomplish good things for all our citizens.
    A bite at a time

  21. #1147
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,666
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I bet the situation is even worse with Kansas and some other states.

  22. #1148
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,666
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    Quote Originally Posted by fromdust View Post
    Best city in North America to do business!

    https://product.costar.com/home/news/shared/2116409908?
    Tulsa needs to get on the ball for Oklahoma. It's not even on the list.

  23. #1149

    Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    KGOU reporting via State Impact that syphilis rate in newborns exploding in Oklahoma, up 283% since 2014. This follows previous reports from CDC about climbing STD infections in Oklahoma.

  24. #1150

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-28-2010, 07:04 PM
  2. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 09:50 PM
  3. I See Oklahoma City Becoming...
    By okcpulse in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-06-2006, 06:56 PM
  4. Cricket In Oklahoma City
    By ronnieokc in forum Sports
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2006, 10:08 AM
  5. GM Oklahoma City
    By mranderson in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-26-2005, 02:17 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO