Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 1136
  1. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    bump

  2. #27

    Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    Going old school are ya Steve?

    I haven't seen a "thread bump" in quite some time.

  3. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    bump again.

    can we PLEASE!!!! STICKY this thread....................... Pete or whoever. (it's already getting lost without bumps).

    oh, and can you add "Mega Thread" to the title. sorry I forgot when I originally posted.

    Thanks
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

  4. #29

    Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    bump again.

    can we PLEASE!!!! STICKY this thread....................... Pete or whoever. (it's already getting lost without bumps).

    oh, and can you add "Mega Thread" to the title. sorry I forgot when I originally posted.

    Thanks
    I commend your initiative with this thread, but I think your idea is better suited for a blog, not a forum. Usually each thread here is one topic and what you intend to do here is a multi-topic thread. As people discuss the different news/posts, the thread will get so "mega" that the initial stories will get lost and hard to find if you want to go back to them. Moreover, if people discuss different news/topics it would be a mess to follow. An idea would be to have a sticky thread with no discussions, just the the press release information and a link to a different thread where that particular topic is being discussed. That way you can always go back to the sticky to find the topic you want to discuss or just check it out. Hope that made sense.

  5. #30

    Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    Quote Originally Posted by lcd1712 View Post
    I commend your initiative with this thread, but I think your idea is better suited for a blog, not a forum. Usually each thread here is one topic and what you intend to do here is a multi-topic thread. As people discuss the different news/posts, the thread will get so "mega" that the initial stories will get lost and hard to find if you want to go back to them. Moreover, if people discuss different news/topics it would be a mess to follow. An idea would be to have a sticky thread with no discussions, just the the press release information and a link to a different thread where that particular topic is being discussed. That way you can always go back to the sticky to find the topic you want to discuss or just check it out. Hope that made sense.
    kd, I had the same thought and that sounds logical to me.

  6. #31

    Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    "How to find your best place to retire" (Oklahoma City): http://yhoo.it/aEQt2P
    From Yahoo via U.S. News

  7. #32

    Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    After second thought I agree with the above posters and would like to see a sticky with press clippings or links only, no discussion.

  8. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    i dont have the time or resources for a blog.

    but i do agree (and originally intend) that this mega thread be a sticky location for posts/links to stories so people could have a ready archive of the success (and failures) of OKC's progress. Links in this megathread would have just a short executive summary description only -

    Discussions of specific topics or reactions to them could take place in individual threads like they already are.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

  9. #34

    Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    "megathread"

  10. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    bump
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

  11. #36

    Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    I agree with Hot Rod, this thread can basicaly never die because there is always something in the news about OKC almost every week and sometimes more than that!Remember in this thread you can post anything about OKC in the Natl. news either good or bad!

  12. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    bump
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

  13. #38

    Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    Is there a way to un-bump it? Just kidding.

    Quote Originally Posted by dmoor82 View Post
    I agree with Hot Rod, this thread can basicaly never die because there is always something in the news about OKC almost every week and sometimes more than that!Remember in this thread you can post anything about OKC in the Natl. news either good or bad!
    A particular News post takes 2 or 3 pages of discussion. If there are several stories in between, it will be a mess to follow any discussion.

    Assuming this is a clean thread stuck at the top of the forum, and although it may take a few more steps, here is an idea:

    1) Change the Title of the post (not the thread) to the news story.
    2) Place a link to the news story and the thread to follow the discussion.

    Example:
    1) Title: Oklahoma City ranks #2 in private job growth!

    2) Body of the post:

    Oklahoma City ranks second in private job growth
    OKCBiz Staff
    11.16.2010


    Oklahoma City boasted the second-highest percentage gain in private job growth among the nationís 100 largest metros in 2010, according to The Bureau of Labor Statistics of the US Department of Labor.

    read more....http://www.okc.biz/article/11-16-201...ob_growth.aspx


    Follow the discussion here:
    http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=23735
    I have used an actual thread for this example.

  14. #39

    Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    I found this link which contains many of the accolades already mentioned on here.
    http://www.okcchamber.com/page.asp?atomid=1789

  15. #40

    Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    OKC ranks as the third "manliest" city and first in the nation for salty snack sales:

    http://www.bestplaces.net/docs/studi...st_cities.aspx

  16. #41

    Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    Quote Originally Posted by semisimple View Post
    OKC ranks as the third "manliest" city and first in the nation for salty snack sales:

    http://www.bestplaces.net/docs/studi...st_cities.aspx
    Tulsa didn't even make the list! And--San Francisco was 48th. What does that say?

  17. #42

    Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press


  18. #43

    Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    Blogs unfortunately are boring unless properly managed, which is very normal.

  19. #44

    Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    Weird thing about that 'manliest' list... Tulsa is not list in the 50.... yet Columbia, SC, Toledo, Dayton, and Harrisburg,PA are and all have metros smaller than Tulsa.

  20. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    ( ! ) bump
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

  21. #46

    Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    Quote Originally Posted by MustangGT View Post
    Blogs unfortunately are boring unless properly managed, which is very normal.
    I agree.

  22. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    Quote Originally Posted by MustangGT View Post
    Blogs unfortunately are boring unless properly managed, which is very normal.
    Unless it's called Dustbury. Windowphobe (Charles Hill here in OKC) has one of the best blogs anywhere.

  23. #48

    Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    MSN's real estate buying guide lists OKC #2 and Tulsa #3 as best places to buy a home.
    " Oklahoma City: Homeowners here will be OK, with an increase of 1% in 2011, from an average of $156,948. "
    http://realestate.msn.com/article.as...1873&GT1=35006

  24. #49

  25. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

    Thanks, Casey. Your dad reflected quite well upon our town. Classy, even.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-28-2010, 06:04 PM
  2. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 08:50 PM
  3. I See Oklahoma City Becoming...
    By okcpulse in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-06-2006, 05:56 PM
  4. Cricket In Oklahoma City
    By ronnieokc in forum Sports
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2006, 09:08 AM
  5. GM Oklahoma City
    By mranderson in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-26-2005, 01:17 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO