Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 123456752 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City, In the Press

1. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

bump

Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

Going old school are ya Steve?

I haven't seen a "thread bump" in quite some time.

3. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

bump again.

can we PLEASE!!!! STICKY this thread....................... Pete or whoever. (it's already getting lost without bumps).

oh, and can you add "Mega Thread" to the title. sorry I forgot when I originally posted.

Thanks
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    bump again.

can we PLEASE!!!! STICKY this thread....................... Pete or whoever. (it's already getting lost without bumps).

oh, and can you add "Mega Thread" to the title. sorry I forgot when I originally posted.

Thanks
    I commend your initiative with this thread, but I think your idea is better suited for a blog, not a forum. Usually each thread here is one topic and what you intend to do here is a multi-topic thread. As people discuss the different news/posts, the thread will get so "mega" that the initial stories will get lost and hard to find if you want to go back to them. Moreover, if people discuss different news/topics it would be a mess to follow. An idea would be to have a sticky thread with no discussions, just the the press release information and a link to a different thread where that particular topic is being discussed. That way you can always go back to the sticky to find the topic you want to discuss or just check it out. Hope that made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by lcd1712 View Post
    I commend your initiative with this thread, but I think your idea is better suited for a blog, not a forum. Usually each thread here is one topic and what you intend to do here is a multi-topic thread. As people discuss the different news/posts, the thread will get so "mega" that the initial stories will get lost and hard to find if you want to go back to them. Moreover, if people discuss different news/topics it would be a mess to follow. An idea would be to have a sticky thread with no discussions, just the the press release information and a link to a different thread where that particular topic is being discussed. That way you can always go back to the sticky to find the topic you want to discuss or just check it out. Hope that made sense.
    kd, I had the same thought and that sounds logical to me.

"How to find your best place to retire" (Oklahoma City): http://yhoo.it/aEQt2P
    From Yahoo via U.S. News

After second thought I agree with the above posters and would like to see a sticky with press clippings or links only, no discussion.

8. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

i dont have the time or resources for a blog.

but i do agree (and originally intend) that this mega thread be a sticky location for posts/links to stories so people could have a ready archive of the success (and failures) of OKC's progress. Links in this megathread would have just a short executive summary description only -

Discussions of specific topics or reactions to them could take place in individual threads like they already are.

"megathread"

10. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

bump

I agree with Hot Rod, this thread can basicaly never die because there is always something in the news about OKC almost every week and sometimes more than that!Remember in this thread you can post anything about OKC in the Natl. news either good or bad!

12. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

bump

Is there a way to un-bump it? Just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by dmoor82 View Post
    I agree with Hot Rod, this thread can basicaly never die because there is always something in the news about OKC almost every week and sometimes more than that!Remember in this thread you can post anything about OKC in the Natl. news either good or bad!
    A particular News post takes 2 or 3 pages of discussion. If there are several stories in between, it will be a mess to follow any discussion.

Assuming this is a clean thread stuck at the top of the forum, and although it may take a few more steps, here is an idea:

1) Change the Title of the post (not the thread) to the news story.
    2) Place a link to the news story and the thread to follow the discussion.

Example:
    1) Title: Oklahoma City ranks #2 in private job growth!

2) Body of the post:

Oklahoma City ranks second in private job growth
    OKCBiz Staff

Oklahoma City boasted the second-highest percentage gain in private job growth among the nation’s 100 largest metros in 2010, according to The Bureau of Labor Statistics of the US Department of Labor.

read more....http://www.okc.biz/article/11-16-201...ob_growth.aspx

Follow the discussion here:
    http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=23735
    I have used an actual thread for this example.

I found this link which contains many of the accolades already mentioned on here.
    http://www.okcchamber.com/page.asp?atomid=1789

OKC ranks as the third "manliest" city and first in the nation for salty snack sales:

http://www.bestplaces.net/docs/studi...st_cities.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by semisimple View Post
    OKC ranks as the third "manliest" city and first in the nation for salty snack sales:

http://www.bestplaces.net/docs/studi...st_cities.aspx
    Tulsa didn't even make the list! And--San Francisco was 48th. What does that say?

Blogs unfortunately are boring unless properly managed, which is very normal.

Weird thing about that 'manliest' list... Tulsa is not list in the 50.... yet Columbia, SC, Toledo, Dayton, and Harrisburg,PA are and all have metros smaller than Tulsa.

20. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

( ! ) bump

Quote Originally Posted by MustangGT View Post
    I agree.

22. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

Quote Originally Posted by MustangGT View Post
    Unless it's called Dustbury. Windowphobe (Charles Hill here in OKC) has one of the best blogs anywhere.

MSN's real estate buying guide lists OKC #2 and Tulsa #3 as best places to buy a home.
    " Oklahoma City: Homeowners here will be OK, with an increase of 1% in 2011, from an average of $156,948. "
    http://realestate.msn.com/article.as...1873&GT1=35006

25. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

Thanks, Casey. Your dad reflected quite well upon our town. Classy, even.

Thread Information