Widgets Magazine
Page 90 of 96 FirstFirst ... 408586878889909192939495 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 2386

Thread: Bricktown

Blog Entries

Default Re: Bricktown

Unfortunate night for there to be another shooting. :-(

Sasquatch shaved ice -- same operation as the Plaza -- coming to Bricktown.

Good location for that, they will do a lot of business on busy Bricktown nights and weekends.

Who owns that spot and the grassy hill lot to the north? The city?

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Who owns that spot and the grassy hill lot to the north? The city?
    Richard McKown (Level, OKSEA, Mosaic, Bower) who also owns the small one-story building on the other side of the canal.

yay! The Chevy logo will be covered up!

edit: ope maybe not..

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...51649&sfnsn=mo

Bricktown Comedy Club coming to Bricktown. Sounds promising.

Blog Entries

I remember when there were two comedy clubs in BT, having one back will be nice. Do we know where? Didn't see anything in that post...

8. Default Re: Bricktown

always thought it was weird not to have a comedy club or two in Bricktown or elsewhere downtown. hopefully OKC has matured to support.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    always thought it was weird not to have a comedy club or two in Bricktown or elsewhere downtown. hopefully OKC has matured to support.
    Paramount Room has been bringing in touring comedians from time to time but no idea what kind of crowds those shows are getting.

New flag pole is up over where the playground used to be. I guess the old one can come down now for Renaissance project.

I think it is already down.

Upgrade set for Bricktown Canal lights implicated in fatal accident

The light bollards implicated in a fatal accident along Oklahoma City's Bricktown Canal will be replaced by safer, pole-mounted lights.

The $625,000 project could begin next month and be done in spring 2021. Plans are to have the city council award the contract Feb. 18.
    More details in the article. Are there any renderings about what the new lights are likely to look like?

That sure is a big difference between estimated cost and the rewarded bid. 1.5 million to 625 thousand.

I wasn’t sure if it had been mentioned somewhere yet. But there is a growing [in attendance] Facebook event to have a peaceful protest at the Land Run Monument in Lower Bricktown this Saturday.

I think the demands include removal.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    I wasn’t sure if it had been mentioned somewhere yet. But there is a growing [in attendance] Facebook event to have a peaceful protest at the Land Run Monument in Lower Bricktown this Saturday.

I think the demands include removal.
    I read this a few days ago.

https://www.thelostogle.com/2020/07/...-run-monument/

Interesting comment: https://www.thelostogle.com/2020/07/...comment-348848

I just drove by the former Coca-Cola ~ I mean Chevy ~ I mean Bricktown Event Center and they have new avdertising on the window's for the "Cowboy Ranch". The window wrap is not complete but it looks like it may be some kind of bar or music venue.

Quote Originally Posted by Southsider2 View Post
    I just drove by the former Coca-Cola ~ I mean Chevy ~ I mean Bricktown Event Center and they have new avdertising on the window's for the "Cowboy Ranch". The window wrap is not complete but it looks like it may be some kind of bar or music venue.
    Yes, we should create a new thread on this.

I'll do that and post the info.

Blog Entries

Bricktown hit hard by pandemic, but new restaurants are coming
    https://oklahoman.com/article/568171...nts-are-coming

Tapwerks building discussed (Ghost sign restoration!)
    Rendezvous Pizza for former Hudson's
    Didn't even realize Zio's had closed
    Old Spaghetti Factory (former Nonna's) expected to resume

Article says Zio's is supposedly closed just for the winter, I hope that is true.

That's good news about that Hudson's space, which is really great.

Blog Entries

Former Chelino’s in Bricktown sells...

Chelino's once used all three patios overlooking the canal, as shown in this 2003 photo. The restaurant disclosed its sale, Saturday. [PHOTO BY JIM BECKEL, THE OKLAHOMAN]
    The former Chelino’s Mexican Restaurant building in Bricktown — a victim of the coronavirus and related business shutdowns and slowdowns — is in new hands.

Shervin Dardashti paid Richard Bricktown LLC $1,188,000 for the 12,725-square-foot building at 15 East California in a transaction by broker Allison Barta Bailey with Price Edwards & Co. County records also show Rose Hill Builders LLC as a new part owner of the two-story property, which dates to 1906.--Oklahoman, 02/20/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Former Chelino’s in Bricktown sells...

Chelino's once used all three patios overlooking the canal, as shown in this 2003 photo. The restaurant disclosed its sale, Saturday. [PHOTO BY JIM BECKEL, THE OKLAHOMAN]
    The former Chelino’s Mexican Restaurant building in Bricktown — a victim of the coronavirus and related business shutdowns and slowdowns — is in new hands.

Shervin Dardashti paid Richard Bricktown LLC $1,188,000 for the 12,725-square-foot building at 15 East California in a transaction by broker Allison Barta Bailey with Price Edwards & Co. County records also show Rose Hill Builders LLC as a new part owner of the two-story property, which dates to 1906.--Oklahoman, 02/20/2021
    chelino's bricktown was way ahead of its time i guess ... a victim of covid......... in Feb 2019 https://www.news9.com/story/5e347edf...ktown-location

the oklahoman what a joke

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    chelino's bricktown was way ahead of its time i guess ... a victim of covid......... in Feb 2019 https://www.news9.com/story/5e347edf...ktown-location

the oklahoman what a joke
    Obviously, the Covid-19 comment doesn't fit; more excited about the future development of the restaurant or hope we see some solid development plans other than someone siting on this property.

Thread Information