Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 96 12345651 ... LastLast

Thread: Bricktown

Bricktown3 Bricktown

Automobile Alley _|_Boathouse Row _|_ Bricktown _|_Central Business District
    Deep Deuce_|_Film Row_|_Midtown _|_Plaza District_|_SoSA_|_Uptown / 23rd

Brickopolis | Bricktown Events Center | Bricktown SpringHill Suites | Bricktown Towers | Bricktown Shakeup (under contract) | Candy Factory | Hilton Garden Inn | Holiday Inn Express | Hyatt Place | Karchmer Garage | Kd's Restaurant | Mideke Building | The Plow | StarFlyer | Staybridge Suites | Steelyard

Default Re: Bricktown

Big time construction?!?

3. Default Re: Bricktown

Quote Originally Posted by lasomeday View Post
    I have heard from a few sources there is about to be some new construction in Bricktown. I can't say what it is, but I do know it is almost a done deal.
    Ummm.... Yes, you can say what it is. Don't just come on here to make a post about something while withdrawing critical info. Now, tell us what it was that you heard about being built?!

Jesus...rumor mills are so gay. Seriously, "I know something you don't and I can't say what it is but it's going to be HUGE. Yep heard it from couple of sources."

The sources are likely connected and the reason you can't say anything is you want to maintain credibility when it all falls apart.

Just say what you heard.

5. Default Re: Bricktown

There is a chance we'll see at least one new hotel built. But as far as I know, it's not a done deal.

Yep, they are still trying to get parking issued resolved.

7. Default Re: Bricktown

You really think parking is still a problem? Wow....

I don't. That is what they told me is what they are working on.

9. Default Re: Bricktown

Ok, I know what you're talking about now. If they're creative enough, they'll figure it out.

comon guys no secrets!spill the beans!

Let's just speculate to trick them into fessing up. Must be on the site of the old Cotton Exchange; you know on the 90degree bend in the canal. It is THE most perfect spot in Bricktown for a hotel, and I shudder to think that it has not been snatched up yet. Am I warm?

12. Default Re: Bricktown

That's not the spot I'm thinking of. If it's the one Lasomeday is referring to, well, let's just say don't hold your breath quite yet....

13. Default Re: Bricktown

Steve and lasomeday, you both need to actually say the name or else someone will be the winner when they look at the County Assessor's site or somewhere to deliver us the details. When they do that, then they will get all the credits. We don't give credits to guessers, because there is no solid evidence that they knew what it actually was.

14. Default Re: Bricktown

This ain't my thread Thunder. And I'm not into reporting deals that aren't done as done deals (ala Crossroads). I'll give some info on where things are headed, but that's it. I'm not asking for credit because this isn't a game to me.

15. Default Re: Bricktown

No one asked you to report a done deal. We want to know who/what is in active talks for a deal. Spill it!

Journalists get information ahead of time because of their history....they will tell someone they trust to not spill it.

17. Default Re: Bricktown

Not going to "spill it" Thunder - I've made promises not to. I can only tell you that at this moment there remain multiple potential hotel deals for the Bricktown area that may or may not happen. If the crash of 2008 hadn't happened, you would already have seen at least two new hotels under construction by now. Lasomeday may be referring to an entirely different deal than I - the market is that fluid.
    As evidenced by the Crossroads thread, we have different standards for calling a deal done.

Thunder I guess you will have to find out on your own, because I am not saying.

19. Default Re: Bricktown

Well, whatever happens, I'm excited that SOMETHING is apparently happening and I for one am content to await developments as they ACTUALLY (not hopefully) unfold.

I too heard the rumors. There's going to be an OKC Market Center in the old Merc building. We will finally be on the map. They just need to raze 4 blocks in order to have enough parking. I think they'll be able to figure it out. We can lose the Canal, right? Parking, whoo hoo! OKC Market Center!

Man...Bricktown...What?....Hotels? Old Hotels/New Hotels!!!....This is a VERY USEFULL THREAD. Glad I read it!!!!!

Oh yeah and did anyone hear there is a lot of top secret work going on in those buildings down on east end of Bricktown, maybe called Fabricators of "XXX" or some such ness? Some guy named Stewart or or was it Steam Art and they are gonna be new Art Show/Rave Facilities.

Glad I read this thread too. I hear they will be doing junior rodeos on the newly vacant lots.

While I understand Steve's position, I find myself chuckling at the unintended consequence of the thread, and thus propose a new thread header.

Coming Soon! New No-Tell Motels for Bricktown

The moral of this is that it's best not to start teaser threads at OKC Talk.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    The moral of this is that it's best not to start teaser threads at OKC Talk.
    we wouldn't have much to talk about then, there are very few active threads at one time, cut that in half and the site would be really lame. we need more active threads than we currently have, not less.

Thread Information