Widgets Magazine
Page 80 of 96 FirstFirst ... 307576777879808182838485 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2386

Thread: Bricktown

Default Re: Bricktown

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    A big thank you to KayneMo for providing the 3D models!

Greatly appreciated.
    You're welcome! I love doing it!

A big thank you to KayneMo for providing the 3D models!

Greatly appreciated.
    How do you bring the "like" feature back to OKTalk because I don't always comment on contributions and positive news, but it is appreciated. Bricktown really is moving forward in positive ways.... Now, if more developers would just get those big, empty lots and build more mixed use housing instead of just hotels...

Blog Entries

Hopefully those lots get bought up by someone with plans to develop! Would love too see some more rooftops on that block as part of a mixed-use development.

Now that the hotel and parking garage are moving forward at Sheridan & Oklahoma, this property is the last major gap in the future streetwall along Sheridan from the tracks all the way to Charlie Christian.

Absolutely crazy how fast that happened honestly, I highly recommend looking at Google StreetView images from past years. Really gives some perspective on how far Bricktown has come in the last decade, or even the last 3 years.

Blog Entries

Made a dash through Bricktown today, couldn't believe all of the construction projects in progress. It amazes me to watch all the projects poised to transform this area.

Agreed. Honestly there is a lot of potential for Sheridan in general to be a wonderful stretch of hotels, concert venues, restaurants, bars, and hang out spots if you look at the entire area between Flashback and the Staybridge Suites. Especially considering whatever possibilities the whole Cox Convention block could become.

I drove up and down 235 yesterday and I always think that's an impressive view. From there you can see so much going on with all the building project on Sheridan. The area is getting a lot more of a dense feel to it. Like I've said in other threads, I think that's one of the most impressive views of downtown. It's just too bad that most people passing through from out of state don't see that view.

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    I drove up and down 235 yesterday and I always think that's an impressive view. From there you can see so much going on with all the building project on Sheridan. The area is getting a lot more of a dense feel to it. Like I've said in other threads, I think that's one of the most impressive views of downtown. It's just too bad that most people passing through from out of state don't see that view.
    You get a pretty good view of it coming from the East on I-40 and the North on I-35 (because it and I-40 share the same road for a bit)

I made these comments to some friends last night and thought I'd share them here...

An Edmond friend wanted to meet to walk our dogs somewhere down by the river, so I suggested we meet near the Land Run Monument on the southern section of the canal. Once you pass under the boulevard bridge, there is usually plenty of free parking and then it's easy to walk under I-40 to the river, which we did.

There is always something going on down there and on this particular day they had the Freedom Music Festival, with lots of live bands scattered around. I had no idea but it was a fun coincidence.

We got down there around 3 and that lot was filling fast.

Walked down along Boathouse Row and even though it was very windy, there were a bunch of people getting rowing lessons, kids at the SandRidge Youth Pavillion and lots of people using the whitewater facility in boats and kayaks.

Then, I walked up the canal and there were so many people out and about, the sidewalks were packed.

Eventually made my way up to the old Captain Norm's (now Timeout pop-up bar) and the place was very full, with loads of young-ish people hanging out and enjoying the sunshine.

All 3 canal boats were operating at capacity and as I walked my dog along the water, I got lots of waves.

All the patios in Lower Bricktown were completely packed with people. It looked like the mini golf was near capacity.

Made it back to my car around 5:30 and every single space -- including those in this farthest lot -- was full.

This was all before the Dodger game that was happening in the early evening.

BTW, this certainly felt like a 'local' crowd. Lots of families and I saw several people I knew at Timeout.

Every single time I go to Bricktown I remind myself to get down there more frequently. It's the one place in OKC where there are always people out and about and interacting and truly is an urban experience.

Was that Saturday? Because the ACM@UCO Metro Music Fest was going on all over Bricktown and it was packed. From Deep Deuce to the canal, every patio was full of people (except Urban Johnnie). I went to several stages and most of them had decent groups listening. The one exception was maybe the stage next to Tapwerks.

Yes, this past Saturday.

Also, there was a show at the Criterion that night (how about that!) and plenty people were flowing in for that.

Quite the happening scene in many respects.

I was in Bricktown for the dodgers game on Saturday. Traffic was terrible, how I lucked out on a parking spot at Bass Pro shop. The parking behind the theater and in Bass Pro was backed up. Traffic was especially bad with the one lane being closed on Reno.

Quote Originally Posted by emtefury View Post
    I was in Bricktown for the dodgers game on Saturday. Traffic was terrible, how I lucked out on a parking spot at Bass Pro shop. The parking behind the theater and in Bass Pro was backed up. Traffic was especially bad with the one lane being closed on Reno.
    Getting around down there it that area is a nightmare right now.

It would help greatly if they could actually create access from the new boulevard.

As it is now, if you take that exit, the only thing you can do is go all the way to EKG then have to fight through that mess to get to Reno and Sheridan, which each have their own issues.

Quote Originally Posted by SOONER8693 View Post
    Getting around down there it that area is a nightmare right now.
    Just wait until the playoffs start! smh

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Just wait until the playoffs start! smh
    Is there any reason it would much worse than it currently is for regular season games?

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Is there any reason it would much worse than it currently is for regular season games?
    The further a team goes in the playoffs a lot more media shows up. Is it enough to cause a bigger issue, I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    The further a team goes in the playoffs a lot more media shows up. Is it enough to cause a bigger issue, I'm not sure.
    I know a few years back when the Thunder were in the finals, the media occupied the downtown Sheraton. Took up all the convention space for broadcasting, and tons of rooms. Add to it the VP attending (seeing snipers on rooftops was fun) and you can imagine how crazy it was.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I know a few years back when the Thunder were in the finals, the media occupied the downtown Sheraton. Took up all the convention space for broadcasting, and tons of rooms. Add to it the VP attending (seeing snipers on rooftops was fun) and you can imagine how crazy it was.
    I doubt the Thunder will get that far, but the Finals are classified as a national event and require hazmat and national security during them and that brings a whole new atmosphere and level of people into the city during those games. Obviously the media is larger, but there is a whole new level of security that comes with the finals.

Yes, this past Saturday.

Also, there was a show at the Criterion that night (how about that!) and plenty people were flowing in for that.

Quite the happening scene in many respects.

I know every major venue in Downtown had an event going on Saturday night. Besides the Ball game, and the concert at Criterion there was the Ballet Ball at the Chevy Events Center, Blue game at the Cox Convention Center add to that Circus Olay at the Peake. Every major event center downtown had a event going on Saturday. My GF and myself we parked in the boat house district walked under I-40 Free parking and we avoided the downtown traffic.

https://twitter.com/BricktownOKC/sta...86305813344257

Bricktown Urban Design Committee denies the move of the historic Bricktown Flagpole to a new location.��

Work is well underway to finally convert the old foundations directly west of the Criterion to an extended parking lot.

There is also a for sale sign up.

Work is well underway to finally convert the old foundations directly west of the Criterion to an extended parking lot.
    Great news. While I hate having such a massive lot there that really disrupts the density along Sheridan, a repaved cleaned up lot will be a lot better than what's there now.

Hopefully it will eventually sell to someone who wants to develop that property.

In the meantime, at least this will look a lot better when everything down there opens for business.

Thread Information