Widgets Magazine
Page 91 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4186878889909192939495 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 2386

Thread: Bricktown

Default Re: Bricktown

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    chelino's bricktown was way ahead of its time i guess ... a victim of covid......... in Feb 2019 https://www.news9.com/story/5e347edf...ktown-location

the oklahoman what a joke
    Goes to show how lazy their reporting is. They just assumed any restaurant closure must be pandemic-related.

Now this is what will make Dallas and KC jealous. We’ve been waiting for it and here it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Now this is what will make Dallas and KC jealous. We’ve been waiting for it and here it is.
    A bad state fair ride in a parking lot! I can see people in Dallas and KC planning their trips here already.

Not sure how this got approved. I never saw anything go through the typical channels and remember the outrage when that really nice, permanent ride was proposed several years ago?

May be just a special use permit but never saw that, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Dallas and KC are very jealous of large vacant spaces formerly occupied by mediocre restaurants.

Looks temporary. Probably rented from a carnival for the summer. Looks like a nice little ride, but so sadly out of scale by itself. Maybe a proof of concept?

Oh man, is it still up? I live downtown and when I look over Bricktown I cannot see it. Not sure if it is gone or just not tall enough, LOL.

It's not very big.

It was there on Sunday.

Blog Entries

https://twitter.com/BricktownOKC/sta...87376731193347

(Bricktown Ferris Wheel Open Day 5/20/21)

The Quote Tweets are great.

The picture I saw of it was very underwhelming to say the least. I know they say size doesn't matter, but maybe it does in this case.

Blog Entries

It's literally the kind of ferris wheel you'd see at that little carnival in normal that used to be held around the time of the music festival I think. Maybe they're using it as a test case to justify a permanent structure to begin our journey toward being known as the city of wheels.

Is this just a summer thing or is it actually to be semi-permanent? When they first set it up, I thought it was just a weekend thing. Didn't realize we would only just now get an opening date. Why does it take so long to get this small ferris wheel going? The big one at the fair takes at most a week.

Mildly underwhelming in person, but that probably comes from being spoiled by the big one down at Wheeler.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Mildly underwhelming in person, but that probably comes from being spoiled by the big one down at Wheeler.
    I mean, you really do question the need for this given that someone spent a million dollars refurbishing a historic ferris wheel just a few miles away. But meh, I guess it's not any worse than Bricktown Beach.

17. Default Re: Bricktown

they should get a proper urban ferris wheel in Bricktown or perhaps at Scissortail Park (or maybe the Boathouse District).
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Blog Entries

Not saying I agree, but BHD is the most likely to finagle something like that I suspect

Was in Bricktown yesterday afternoon and it was completed alive & packed! There was huge youth baseball tournament going on and large Pow Pow at Scissortail. Haven't seen Bricktown like that in a while! Not one person had a mask on, feels like normal life is finally back.

A complaint I do have though is the lack of casual dining on the canal. With the closure of Zio's & Chelino's left a big hole in options. Besides Bourbon Street Cafe & Yucatan Taco Stand, there not a casual dining on the canal in upper Bricktown. This causes those restaurants to be overly packed due to the lack of options. Bourbon Street has an 1 hour wait. Seems like Zio's and Chelinos jumped the gun because of the pandemic. Should've held their water a little longer.

^

Chico Blanco will be opening soon and there is Brickopolis, both in the main building and the area near the mini golf.

I suggested to Rendezvous Pizza they should make a deal with Tipsy Tiki to deliver pizzas to that bar since they don't serve food.

Taken Saturday morning:

My wife and I decided to randomly drive through downtown tonight after attending the Paseo art walk. We ended up in Bricktown and decided to go to Brickopolis on the spur of the moment. The weather was literally perfect and we had an amazing time.

We played mini golf, had some solid drinks, and wound up in the arcade. As someone who really appreciates the melting pot of big cities, I give thumbs up to Brickopolis. People of all ages and backgrounds were there, some just to eat, some just catching drinks at the bar, some on the patio. It was a glorious, unpretentious stew of people. The service there was excellent and the vibe was very fun.

There were a lot of folks tuned into the big softball game between UCLA and Alabama. There were others who were totally clueless that the game was even happening, let alone that it was happening in our city.

There were locals. There were tourists. There were a lot of smiles and laughter.

I am embarrassed that tonight was my first visit to Brickopolis but I’ll be damned if that wasn’t the best spontaneous date my wife and I have had since pre-Covid.

Bricktown was also hopping but very chill overall.

This one’s for you, Urbanized.

24. Default Re: Bricktown

I went to the Dodgers game Friday, took the streetcar both ways, perfect weather for a night out. Busy down in Bricktown tonight. Great to see!

Believe this was mentioned in another thread. Pete alluded to a potential development on the wrap-around parking lot near Uhaul. The Oklahoman reports that they’re planning 2 hotel towers and a potential condo/apartment development. Really look forward to your insight Pete (and thanks for your hard work)!

Thread Information