Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 96 FirstFirst ... 23456789101156 ... LastLast

Thread: Bricktown

Default Re: Bricktown

Anyone planning on going to the ACM@UCO Rocks Bricktown music festival this Saturday? Sounds like it could be cool.

Wow, I'm in Bricktown and it is jumping! Redhawks game, ACM @ UCO rocks Bricktown festival, Pre-Paid Legal conference, BikeBars rolling around, wow! #LovingOKC

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Wow, I'm in Bricktown and it is jumping! Redhawks game, ACM @ UCO rocks Bricktown festival, Pre-Paid Legal conference, BikeBars rolling around, wow! #LovingOKC
    I haven't been to a Redhawks game in a while. This really makes me wanna be downtown right now!

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    This makes wanna go!

I'm not gonna lie, I was completely confused as to why it was so hard to park downtown. Even after the Redhawks game, the wife and I walked all over bricktown and just found the whole place to be jumping. I'm sad that it was the ACM festival and not likely to be a regular weekly occurrence, BUT hopefully this is a sign of things to come this summer.

The Bricktown Bike Bar facebook page has become such a happy site to visit because they seem to put up a fun pic or two nearly every day.

Like this one:

Okay, as cool as that thing is (and it is off the chart cool), there is no way that can be legal (which is a shame if it isn't).

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    Okay, as cool as that thing is (and it is off the chart cool), there is no way that can be legal (which is a shame if it isn't).
    It's at least as legal as a bicycle, it has a couple of batteries that run the lights and signals......

Quote Originally Posted by sidburgess View Post
    It drives all around Bricktown all the time. What makes you think it isn't legal? They certainly aren't activating their invisibility cloak.

If this isn't legal the horse-drawn carriages, and rickshaws shouldn't be legal.
    Don't get me wrong, I am not advocating that it be illegal - in fact it is just the opposite. It just seems like too much fun to be legal. Not sure how they get around open container laws though.

Completely legal.. haven't done OKC Bike bar yet but have in other cities. Only beer is allowed on board no other alcohol and you must bring your own Beer and cooler, cups ect.
    Bricktown Bike Bar

11. Default Re: Bricktown

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I am not advocating that it be illegal - in fact it is just the opposite. It just seems like too much fun to be legal. Not sure how they get around open container laws though.
    We're legal I promise! Since it is a private vehicle for hire people can bring their own beer aboard the Bike Bar but they can only drink it while ON the bike and only the group that has reserved it for the 2 hour slot is allowed to get on and off (we can't just pick people up at random). We also cannot sell or serve anything just like a party bus. Come for a ride some time, it's the most fun you'll ever have on a bike!

Thanks BBG. I am happy for two things: 1) something like this exist in OKC and 2) OKC has a place for this to exist.

Wow that's expensive. Over $300 for a two hour ride?

On another subject but still Bricktown related, is there a reason the fountain in front of the Harkins theater is turned off and drained?

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Wow that's expensive. Over $300 for a two hour ride?

21 and change per person for a full group. Not insane for a bit of fun. How much would folks blow through at a D&B game fest in two hours?

Some of you may have been aware of this, but it's news to me...

Trash cans outside of the ballpark are actually solar-powered trash compactors.

What's A Big Belly Solar-Powered Trash Compactor? | RecycleOK

Interesting. High tech trash cans!

Quote Originally Posted by sidburgess View Post
    Yup, and they work great. We were a little sad when we moved down from Vancouver/Seattle only to find there were no good recycling options. Then they put these in and they are great. My kids enjoy them too:

Photo by melindaburgess • Instagram
    Cute! She can barely reach the opening.

A lady in Toronto recently visited OKC, went to a ballgame in Bricktown and posted a few pics:

Source: Karen!: Vacation: Meeting Galaxia

18. Default Re: Bricktown

very nice, and I enjoyed her perception of Bricktown and OKC (particularly her coming from Toronto). It appears as if she and her husband had a great time being tourists in OKC and they look forward to returning in the fall. KUDOS!
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Thanks for posting. I had not realized they put up new signage along the NW side of the outfield. Looks way more legitimate.

Picture #1 in post #236 of the Favorite Skyline Shots thread made me think that the parking lot just east of the ballpark where I assume players and team members and ballpark employees park, made me think that it would be excellent if a new and exciting parking garage was built there (first floor reserved for the players, coaches and ballpark employees as ground level is now, other floors to accommodate the public).

Also, something has to be done with that Coca-Cola Events Center parking lot. I know there was a sweet plan back before the economy went into bust mode for some kind of premier outdoor shopping center there and I still think it would be possible for something like this to occur, especially with the new housing and hotels going in around the area.

Scooting a little further to the east... that car body shop needs to go buh bye... Total eye sore!

Renovation of Bricktown's Mideke Building into apartments is set to start next week after the successful sale of the century-old warehouse's top three floors.

Built in 1919, it was home to the Mideke Supply Co. for 87 years. The building's listing on the National Register of Historic Places shows the company operated the warehouse as a supply house for grain elevators, cotton gins, cotton seed oil mills, power plants, oil fields, plumbers, bridge and road builders, refrigerators and air conditioning. The first two floors were converted into the Bricktown Mercantile, an antique and gift shop that operated during much of the 1990s.

Mideke Building LLC., a partnership formed by brokers Andy Burnett and Zach Martin, developer Marva Ellard and contractor Jeff Johnson, completed a monthslong negotiation for the $2 million purchase on Friday.

Read the rest of Steve's article at: Renovation set to start on Mideke Building in Oklahoma City's Bricktown | News OK

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Renovation of Bricktown's Mideke Building into apartments is set to start next week after the successful sale of the century-old warehouse's top three floors.

Built in 1919, it was home to the Mideke Supply Co. for 87 years. The building's listing on the National Register of Historic Places shows the company operated the warehouse as a supply house for grain elevators, cotton gins, cotton seed oil mills, power plants, oil fields, plumbers, bridge and road builders, refrigerators and air conditioning. The first two floors were converted into the Bricktown Mercantile, an antique and gift shop that operated during much of the 1990s.

Mideke Building LLC., a partnership formed by brokers Andy Burnett and Zach Martin, developer Marva Ellard and contractor Jeff Johnson, completed a monthslong negotiation for the $2 million purchase on Friday.

Read the rest of Steve's article at: Renovation set to start on Mideke Building in Oklahoma City's Bricktown | News OK

Yep, a very cool project. By the way, there's already a thread up for this here:
    Mercantile Building - OKCTalk

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Picture #1 in post #236 of the Favorite Skyline Shots thread made me think that the parking lot just east of the ballpark where I assume players and team members and ballpark employees park, made me think that it would be excellent if a new and exciting parking garage was built there (first floor reserved for the players, coaches and ballpark employees as ground level is now, other floors to accommodate the public).

Also, something has to be done with that Coca-Cola Events Center parking lot. I know there was a sweet plan back before the economy went into bust mode for some kind of premier outdoor shopping center there and I still think it would be possible for something like this to occur, especially with the new housing and hotels going in around the area.

Scooting a little further to the east... that car body shop needs to go buh bye... Total eye sore!
    For reference, here's the pic:

An extremely interesting new development proposed for Bricktown in an article by Steve.

New garage, underground pedestrian tunnel extension planned for Bricktown | News OK

Veteran Bricktown property owner Don Karchmer is in talks with city officials about building a 1,200- to 2,200-space garage in Bricktown with the possibility of offices or housing on the top floors.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bricktown Parking Garage.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	3720

You said it ljbab728, extremely interesting development.

Thread Information