Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 1234567853 ... LastLast

Thread: Bricktown

Default Re: Bricktown

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cotter View Post
    Steve's article says the following:

"If all of the hotels are built, Bricktown will be home to more than 1,400 rooms, with the total investment topping $100 million."

So, yes - between the existing and the "nine hotels either announced, being designed or under construction," there are 1,400 rooms in Bricktown.

Also, I'm not sure "journalists" needs quotes around it when referring to Steve.
    I'll put "journalist" in quotes while talking about him, cause he does such a great job, that i'm not sure that just calling him a journalist is enough... perhaps Development Knowledge Wizard...

The esteemed Mr. DKW Steve Lackmeyer...

3. Default Re: Bricktown

metro, actually downtown already has more than 1,400 hotel rooms.

The ONLY mistake I saw from Steve was that he lumped Deep Deuce hotel rooms + Bricktown and called it all "Bricktown". So he really should have said Bricktown and Deep Deuce will have 1,400 hotel rooms or these new Bricktown and DD hotels would bring the room count to 3,500 (or so) rooms Downtown!

Anyway, I get your point but technically I dont think steve was referring the 1,400 rooms as Bricktown (meaning all of downtown).
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

In defense of Steve, his minor error was probably due to exhaustion stemming from answering questions about the "mystery" tower.

5. Default Re: Bricktown

The two hotels being built in Deep Deuce overlook Bricktown and are on the border of the entertainment district. So yeah, that argument could be made, I guess. But there's no confusing Bricktown and downtown in my writing and reporting. If every hotel comes to fruition, there will be more than 1,400 rooms in or immediate to Bricktown. I've learned long ago that there's one person on this site who is going to take every pot shot possible at me, The Oklahoman and newspapers in general. He's free to do so, but I've gotten past the point of taking it "too seriously." To those complimentary of my work, thanks!

I love your work!

7. Default Re: Bricktown

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    ... I've gotten past the point of taking it "too seriously." ...
    just for fun, throw on some pale foundation, ruby red lipstick, muss up yer hair and show up on his doorstep some cold dark night and ask him 'why so serious?"
    Then laugh like a maniac, saunter off, and hey, if a Vespa happens to get tripped over, stuff happens.

9. Default Re: Bricktown

I'm off to Walgreens now.... BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!

The Bricktown side of the overpasses should have 'Downtown'

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    The two hotels being built in Deep Deuce overlook Bricktown and are on the border of the entertainment district. So yeah, that argument could be made, I guess. But there's no confusing Bricktown and downtown in my writing and reporting. If every hotel comes to fruition, there will be more than 1,400 rooms in or immediate to Bricktown. I've learned long ago that there's one person on this site who is going to take every pot shot possible at me, The Oklahoman and newspapers in general. He's free to do so, but I've gotten past the point of taking it "too seriously." To those complimentary of my work, thanks!
    Pot, this is Kettle. No Steve, if there are 1,400 rooms in Bricktown, I will gladly stand corrected, but that number seems awfully high for only 2 hotels (Hampton and Residence Inn's) in Bricktown. Is the Bricktown Hotel & Events Center over on Eastern counted in this total? Even so, I'm very skeptical there is not 1400 rooms in Bricktown.

Did you even read the post you quoted? He did not there, or anywhere else, say there are 1400 rooms in Bricktown. He said:

If every hotel comes to fruition, there will be more than 1,400 rooms in or immediate to Bricktown.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cotter View Post
    Did you even read the post you quoted? He did not there, or anywhere else, say there are 1400 rooms in Bricktown. He said:

If every hotel comes to fruition, there will be more than 1,400 rooms in or immediate to Bricktown.
    Yes, his corrected comment on this site clarified, BUT my point was his original article as stated, supporting the confusion to the mainstream masses who are less passionate about Downtown and refer to all of DT as Bricktown.

From the article:

Steve's article says the following:

"If all of the hotels are built, Bricktown will be home to more than 1,400 rooms, with the total investment topping $100 million."
    To me, the clarified comments of near Bricktown, basically imply the CBD is Bricktown. For certain an out of towner would take it that way. Again, it's not an opportunity to "bash" Steve as he would say, IMO it just solidifies my hypothesis that local journalists support the generalization of downtown being referred to as Bricktown? Do you really think I'm that out of line with my speculation?

14. Default Re: Bricktown

Good reading is a skill that is developed over many years.
    And yes, you're totally off on this one - I included Aloft and the hotel being built on 1st street - all locations that are on the Deep Deuce/Bricktown boundary. I made no reference to any hotels in the CBD. This journalist does not confuse Bricktown as encompassing all of downtown. If you really take issue with me including the Aloft and the Patel hotel on 1st Street (which are clearly being built as part of the Bricktown market), then you still have more than 1,200 rooms if all the hotels are built as planned. I'll add there are a couple more yet to be announced that could still bring the total to more than 1,400 without the two Deep Deuce projects. I think I'll let my writing, reporting and posts speak for themselves, and I'll let your posts speak as well. Have a great day!

Posted by Pete last week:
    Hotel Location Status Rooms Total Rooms
    Skirvin CBD complete 225
    Sheraton CBD complete 395
    Courtyard CBD complete 225
    Renaissance CBD complete 311
    Colcord CBD complete 108
    Convention Hotel CBD proposed 500
    Hampton Inn Bricktown complete 200
    Residence Inn Bricktown complete 151
    Aloft Deep Deuce under const. 130
    Hilton Garden Inn Bricktown under const. 255
    Holiday Inn Express Bricktown under const. 124
    Staybridge Suites Bricktown proposed 131
    East Bricktown Bricktown proposed 150
    Patel 1 Deep Deuce proposed 125
    Patel 2 Bricktown proposed 125
    Patel 3 Bricktown proposed 125
    Grand Total: 3,280*

And that's lunch.
    Laters gators.

I don't think this has been posted anywhere but there is a new business going into the Miller-Jackson building, I believe adjacent to Put a Cork in It.

Pinot's Palette Franchise in Bricktown | Wine and Painting Franchises

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I don't think this has been posted anywhere but there is a new business going into the Miller-Jackson building, I believe adjacent to Put a Cork in It.

Their cover photo from their facebook page

Painting and drinking! (sounds like a dangerous combination )

The progress inside -- as of Tuesday (a couple of days ago)

Also from their facebook page.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

That sounds like fun. I could do the drinking part and my wife is the artist.

There is a similar business (Wine & Palette) in the Packard Building in Midtown.

Why did they tear the warehouse down in Bricktown on the North side - just South of DD. Does anyone know?

Lindsey that was just done to make way for the new Holiday Inn Express.

I don't know if this is what I saw, but I was at Put A Cork In It this evening and they were indeed having a painting class with wine in it. It was completely packed and the people looked to be having a blast. Great idea.

Bricktown water tower to get new Chevy signage to replace old Cox / Dr. Pepper logos:

Thread Information